Supermaxx 3000(yellow) Modification

Pump plug, and PVC barrels.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:40 PM

Man I love this gun, too bad I only had 4 Larami Darts, anyways, this is a easy mod that will make a Supermaxx 3000 (yellow) shoot micros. It is basically the same as the Supermaxx 3000 (blue) mod.

Materials needed
1. Supermaxx 3000(yellow)... duh
2. Phillips screwdriver
3. Flathead screwdriver
4. x8 (4-6 inch barrels)
5. Hot glue gun
6. Pliers
7. Hammer

The first thing you need to do is open it up, so remove the 4 screws off the pump handle and set that aside for now.

There is an orange cap that is at the butt of the gun that needs to be removed in order for the gun to be pried apart, the easiest way to remove that is to put a flathead screwdriver under one end and use the guns butt as leverage to pop it off.
Posted Image
Alrighty...

Now just remove the rest of the screws on the gun, be careful when taking the two halves of the gun apart because there is a metal rod that goes between the sides where the black bumpy circle is.
Posted Image

Now that the gun is all apart, it is time to plug the pump, this is done by removing the pump from the white tube. Look at the green end, there are 3 holes you need to fill with hot glue, on on the tip, and two on the sides.
Posted Image
Once your done with that replace the pump back into the white tube, and move onto the business end of the gun.

Removing the barrels looks tricky but it is quite simple. First thing you need to do is remove the orange cap that is on the front of the barrel. This is done by literally breaking it off, shove a flathead screwdriver under there and pry it off. We wont be needing that anymore so you can toss it if you want to.

The barrels all have different amounts of glue/epoxy holding them in, some will come out easily and some just seem like they are held in with magic or something. To start out, just try to pry most of them out with the pliers. If that doesn't work for all of them then you need to remove the turret from the gun.

This is done by taking out one screw, sadly the rest of the gun kinda goes with the turret when you take it out, so it makes this a bit cumbersome.
Posted Image

You need to grab a screwdriver and a hammer, put the turret on the front and hit the barrels out from the back. The ones that get taken out with this method seem to take away some of the orange plastic with them, not a problem.
Posted Image

Cut your lengths of PVC pipe, remember to make 8 of them!! I made mine 5 inches, but anywhere from 4-6 should work fine.
Posted Image

The next step is to attach the barrels, this is done by putting a ring of glue around the end of a PVC barrel, also put a dot on the blue plastic where the barrel will go, then you just need to slide it into place. If the orange plastic has a chunk taken out of it all you need to do is fill it up with a wall of hot glue once the barrel is attached.
Posted Image

That wasn't too hard, now was it. Reassemble the gun don't forget about the metal rod, the butt orange cap or the screw that holds in the turret. Posted Image
The finished product, I put a rubber band around the barrels just to be sure that they don't move.

As for the ranges, which were measured with chalk drawn on sidewalk every 5 feet. (slight tailwind, level shot, stock micro suction, four pumps)

1. 85
2. 79
3. 82
4. 83
5. 86

Total average: 83 feet. I'm quite happy with it.

Questions, comments and advice will be greatly appreciated!

I take no credit for this mod, I'm sure it has been done before, I didn't make it up.

Thanks for reading!

-Axel
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#2 All Star

All Star

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

Nice mod!

This is really well explaind, and The mod is an easy one to follow! I think that using electrical tape yould have been more effective than using the rubber band to keep the barrells from moving though.

Edited by All Star, 17 June 2007 - 03:47 PM.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"

- DR. SEUSS

" Would you eat them on a train, would you eat them on a plane?"

- SAM I AM

#3 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:44 PM

Nice and descriptive. My only question is, why didn't you use stefan micros? They would probably improve your range by 10-20 ft.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

I didn't use any Stefan Micros because I don't have any... I do eventually plan to make some of my own, but I have yet to take another trip to the hardware store to find some FBR. Thats another one of my summer goals!
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

This is one gun that I've been looking to get. If I ever do, this'll definitely be the mod I do to it. Like Carbon said, great job.
HERP DERP.

#6 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, that wasn't Carbon, he just has the same icon.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users