Photo

Longshot Pistol Clip Mod?

7 replies to this topic

#1 theNOTnerfmaster

theNOTnerfmaster

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Okay so last night I was looking at the longshot pistol (the front part) and since I never use the front together with the back, I thought, "Why not just saw off the top barrel that (unless I'm misinformed) is useless for the pistol and add a top-mounted clip, maybe like forsaken angel's deoderant clip onto a piece of brass?"

I searched for anything like this and found nothing on NerfHaven. Would this work or is there something I'm missing? Any ideas/constructive criticism welcome.

Edited by theNOTnerfmaster, 15 June 2007 - 02:15 PM.

It's all fun and games until someone gets shot 20 times in the head with a magstrike.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

What?

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

You'd have to change the barrel to some SCHED 80 PVC, and put the deoderant clip on it.

Sure, it would work, if you do it right. Why don't you try it out and inform us? We'll be happy to see this work, and make the LS front gun a little less crappy.
Nuckin' Futz

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

Or if you want a piece of shit, high-ROF pistol, you could just buy a Mav.
SexD Warves

#5 mp130

mp130

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

I really don't think putting a clip on the "shortshot" is worth it. even modded, the thing barely gets 20 feet, much less be able to put a clip on there and be effective.

Wait... did that make sense?
QUOTE(DJRayza @ May 2 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
the range is to that of a midget hurling a small cow

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

I have got such a fucking headache from reading post after post of "would that work? Please post contructive critisism."

Try it yourself. Then, tell US how it works. You see, it doesn't work your way. We how have been here longer than you are simply wiser, we don't know everything. Don't ask if it works, we haven't tried it. There are too many people on here wasting posts about this. That's why these posts are complete wastes.

So here is how it goes pretty much around here.

If you think you have something new, search the forums. If you find nothing, try it yourself. It's better to post with results and there be a topic with the same thing than this.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#7 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

It would be hard, because the LS front gun has a reverse plunger that covers the barrel, so you would have to make a breach and change it to a regular plunger. Otherwise the plunger tube, it that is what you call it, would have to go over the breach to work.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#8 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

The Longshot sidearm will not produce enough power to make the clip mechanism effective.

The barrel will be oversized if you put a clip mechanism in place (the clip has to be past the reverse-plunger assembly). Additionally, the travel of the plunger + cocking mechanism would be rather short, so you would have to use fairly short darts and be efficient with clip placement.

I thought about it for a long time, but ended up thinking:

Even if it were possible, it would not be worth the effort.

Edited by frost vectron, 15 June 2007 - 03:53 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users