Bolt Operated Titan Write-up

A dremel-less, coupler-less mod

16 replies to this topic

#1 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ok first of all I will admit I haven't done this all the way yet. However, this is not just a "Concept-Idea" thread. I've already done the major part of it but I don't have a Titan yet :) . I just need some feedback for when I get it: ditch the idea and why, some improvements any why, etc.

Materials
--SCH-40 PVC (about 1/2" shorter than the stock titan barrel)
--9/16ths brass (9 and 1/2" long)
--Coping saw (or dremel, but you don't need it)
--Pocket knife
--Hammer
--Circular file
--Hot glue
--Pencil

Barrel
Now, take the PVC and make a mark 2" from the back. Make another about 4" from the back. Now make a cut with the coping saw that goes about 3/8ths of the way down into the PVC. Now cut along the PVC and make the two cuts meet (so that a 2" section of the top falls off). If you didn't figure out yet, this is our ammo loading slot.

Next we make the slot for the bolt. Make a mark just over 1" away from the end of the ammo slot (we're moving away from the back this whole time). Make a second mark 4 and 1/4th" away from that. Now make cuts down into the PVC like last time, except go 1/4th of the way instead of 3/8ths. Connect the two cuts with another cut, just like last time (again). You may want to make a cut halfway between the main two cuts to make it two shorter sawing intervals instead of one long one. Now take the file, which should be about one centimeter wide, and file into the side of your second slot. This part is a place to put the bolt when it is pulled back. Now insert the brass into the PVC and slide it forward so that the back of the brass is just in front of the front of the ammo slot. cut off a centimeter or so of a pencil and shave it down so it fits in the bolt sliding hole (if necessary). now glue this "bolt" to the brass at a position very close to the end of the bolt slide hole.

After I Get My Titan
After I get my Titan, I will take some measurements to see how much of the stock barrel to cut off and some other things. If it turns out that this could work, just hammer the PVC into the place that is sticking off the Titan once it's barrel is removed. If it doesnt fit, sand and file accordingly.

This is how it works: you insert the dart into the ammo slot. Then you pull back the bolt, pulling back the brass. the dart is right next to the second set of air restrictors so it can't go back, and the brass slides back and chambers the dart in itself. Then you turn the bolt into the little extra hole you made so the whole brass barrel isn't shot out when you fire. Then you pump it up and BAM. Now just take the bolt out of it's extra hole, slide it forward, and repeat. Pretty cool, huh? :D

By the way, I have tested this as a blowgun and it shoots about 20' very accurately (and I'm only 12, not very big lungs)

-Foam B)

Edited by Foam: Total War, 15 June 2007 - 01:51 PM.

Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

Ok first of all I will admit I haven't done this yet. However, this is not just a "Concept-Idea" thread.

-Foam :)

That big new news message posted by Pineapple.
He said STOP HAVING CONCEPT THREADS! Only do this type of thread if you are willing to do it and whatever.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Ok first of all I will admit I haven't done this yet. However, this is not just a "Concept-Idea" thread.

That big new news message posted by Pineapple.
He said STOP HAVING CONCEPT THREADS! Only do this type of thread if you are willing to do it and whatever.

I know dude that's why I even mentioned "Concept-Idea" and why I put it in quotes. Read next time, I said It's NOT concept-idea in full because I have done the barrel, a major part of the mod.

EDIT: ok what I said was somewhat contradictory, but I edited it now.

-Foam :D

Edited by Foam: Total War, 15 June 2007 - 01:50 PM.

Foam-Universe

#4 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

If I may make a suggestion as to change the title of the thread to dremal-less breech write-up. Then it's not a concept. Then it is a breech write-up. Then when you get a titian add a new post to show the breech and titian.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#5 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

(and I'm only 12)

Uh oh.

Well, I'm getting a Titan over the weekend. I'll have to try this out. It sounds solid, and the fact that it works with a blowgun probably means it will work with a Titan. Pictures will probably make this easier to build though. Try and get some up when you get the Titan.

Edited by NerfFreak, 15 June 2007 - 02:26 PM.

Nuckin' Futz

#6 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

(and I'm only 12)

Uh oh.

Well, I'm getting a Titan over the weekend. I'll have to try this out. It sounds solid, and the fact that it works with a blowgun probably means it will work with a Titan. Pictures will probably make this easier to build though. Try and get some up when you get the Titan.

(and I'm only 12)

Uh oh.

#1. Why uh oh? Does being twelve mean I'm an incompetent idiot (just so you know I didn't take it that way)
#2. Yes, that's why I mentioned it's good in a blowgun.

Foam-Universe

#7 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

"Uh oh" means that you will be banned until your thirteenth birthday because you are under the required age to join these forums.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

Does being twelve mean I'm an incompetent idiot?

No... it means you'd better spit out your birthday so instead of giving you a 9999 day special, the admins just ban you for a few months instead. Assuming they feel so inclined today.

The age limit for registration on these boards is 13.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#9 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Oh frick sorry my birthday is April 19, 1995 and if I overlooked this while registerin, I'm sorry. Don't expect to hear fom me on this, I'll just lurk until next year -_-.

-a sad, sad Foam :(
Foam-Universe

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

Maybe the admins will let you go, because atleast you're being productive.

I think the age rule is just so immature kids join here and retard post. I could be wrong though.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

And to protect young children from bad people.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#12 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

I think the age rule is just so immature kids join here and retard post. I could be wrong though.

I agree, I really don't think Foam: Total War should be banned because he uses good grammar, spelling, etc.

#13 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

Ok, sorry Foam, but if a admin trys to band you, just be like, go to this one thread, and then hyperlink to here.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#14 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

If he is going to get banned, he'll get banned. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

Nice breach though. Won't air go out of the slit which keeps the bolt back?
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#15 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

I like this idea, I can't wait for my birthday next month because my bro's getting me a Titan :D I'm older than you by 15 months :P
Sorry for the childish(or should I say pre-teenish) comment about me being older than you.

Edited by Oro?, 15 June 2007 - 10:45 PM.

QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#16 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:07 AM

Sorry to be a dickweed about this, but rules are rules, and unless a Founder overrides this, it'll stand as is.

Foam: Total War,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Forum policy restricts users to age 13 and up. Although you lied when you clicked the "I Agree" button, I won't hold that against you. See you on the birthday, don't lose interest in Nerf.

Your account will not be functional until April 19, 2008 8:00pm HST (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

:D I'm older than you by 15 months :P
Sorry for the childish(or should I say pre-teenish) comment about me being older than you.

See, underage, I regret suspending, since F:TW had some good posts going.

This, on the other hand, is the very thing we're looking to eliminate from NH threads.

Just so you can be warned, now.

-Piney
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#17 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:33 AM

why?... :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users