Homemade Air Tank

Holds air great

14 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

What i did was i got some really wide pvc pipe from walmart, and i dont know the exact size, but it fits a nickle in it tightly, so i cut it to about 3 inches tall, stuck a nickle in the bottom, coated the top of the nickle with hot glue and glued it to the bottom of my pistol grip sprinkler valve, i also added a tubless tire valve to the pvc and it holds pressure for over 5 minutes, the nickle makes a perfect seal.
Step 1: Throw TTG against wall.
Step 2: Drive to Toy Store.
Step 3: Buy a NF.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

So again you're posting absolutely no specifics as to what you did, how you did it, what you did it with, or why you did it.

If it only holds pressure for 5 minutes then it's not an air-tight tank.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

I found out why it leaks, it had a hole in the glue, so i used some rubber cement on it andnow it has no air leak and it can hold practically forever, i will try it out in a little nerf war with my freinds and family, and see it in action, i set up a pumping\reload station, so when i am out i run to the base and within like 2 seconds it is filled up and ready for action. I did it so i dont have to lug around a pump with me, it is much easier.

Edited by nerfer909, 14 June 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#4 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

I don't post here too often, but this sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

PVC pipe is meant to use PVC fittings, PVC primer, and PVC cement to get a seal. While a nickle will fit in 1/2 inch couplers and nearly in 3/4 inch pipe, it's not anywhere near as good. I don't want to be there when the nickle shoots out and hits someone or something. The fact that it leaks might have saved you from disaster because a leak is much better than something shooting out.

Please, for your own safety, discontinue use of the "air tank" you made. It's not much of an air tank to begin with, and it is just plain dangerous!

#5 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

I am going to add some screw rails and screws to keep in the nickle, and the nickle is pointing to the ground, and no air leak now, I have been fixing it, I was being stupid and shooting myself in the chest with that air tank on a homemade, and I used a stock micro and shot myself in the chest from like 4 inches away and I have a big red welt that knocked the wind out of me when it hit, never do that.

Edited by nerfer909, 14 June 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#6 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

From what I understood, you would only get off one shot before having to go back to the fill station to pump up, unless you brought a pump with you. A small tube such as that, (3 inches by at max 1.5 inches) would not hold enough air to get off one shot, so, I really don't get the point. What gun did you put it on anyways?
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#7 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

Here it is just now instead of the pump there it is that air tank, I put it on my MPING.

Posted Image

But now it only has modded nitefinder ranges, anbout 60-70 feet.

As soon as I find my didgital camera, I will take some new pics of the new updated version, my mom bought some paint markers, they are the ones with paint on them so you can write with them, so for looks, I added an orange tip, and wrote MPING on the barrel and air tank.

Edited by nerfer909, 14 June 2007 - 04:19 PM.

#8 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

and i dont know the exact size, but it fits a nickle in it tightly

Please, just buy a PVC cap. They should be about 50 cents at your local hardware store; a fair price to pay for your safety. I tried to use a non-PVC part to cap an airtank once, and only once. I'm lucky that it blew off away from me. You may not be so lucky. Even the smallest airtank can hold a surprising amount of energy. This can not be stressed enough.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#9 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

Here it is, a little sloppy.

Posted Image

#10 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Here it is, a little sloppy.

Posted Image

When you or someone you know dies because of the nickel flying out and hitting someone, pretty much everyone on this forum will be saying, "I told you so."
Do you really need a ton of threads for this one homemade?
God dammit man.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#11 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:47 PM

Brass is an ass hole.

#12 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

What i did was i got some really wide pvc pipe from walmart, and i dont know the exact size, but it fits a nickle in it tightly, so i cut it to about 3 inches tall, stuck a nickle in the bottom, coated the top of the nickle with hot glue and glued it to the bottom of my pistol grip sprinkler valve, i also added a tubless tire valve to the pvc and it holds pressure for over 5 minutes, the nickle makes a perfect seal.

Hmm...

And by the way... Brass

Edited by n-strike, 16 June 2007 - 10:52 PM.

kthxbaisend

#13 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:56 PM

Brass is an ass hole.

Maybe he is (although I really doubt it), but you've made so many threads about your little POS home-mades that is really just ticks everyone off when you make thread after thread about the same god-damned gun.

#14 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

DON'T DO THIS!!!
I hot glued a washer on my NF plunger head, and opened it up, and did a dry fire, and it smacked me in the eye! the washer fucking hurt!

Don't use it, use a cap because it has the same effects.

-keef
Timothy M-Lick <3

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:29 AM

So the argument decides to migrate over to your "backup" thread since I threatened everyone on the other one.

nerfer909, you don't seem to want to take advice from several members of NerfHaven who are highly experienced in the matters at hand, namely, pressurized air in PVC pipes, which is indeed VERY dangerous in the wrong hands.

Doom is an administrator and senior member at the prominent SuperSoaker web forums, and he's more than experienced in working with pressurized air in plastic.

CaptainSlug needs no explanation, his homemades here speak for themselves, namely his own air tank and delivery/ regulation system.

ALL THEY, AND OTHERS HERE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO IS TO PURCHASE A 20 CENT PVC ENDCAP, AND GLUE IT ON PROPERLY. This is in accordance to what all of us at NerfHaven, who build air-pressure powered home mades, advocate. Anything else is considered dangerous and unnecessarily risky.

And calling us assholes for bringing it up isn't helpful.

Why do we need more than one forum thread for each of your homemades? First the mini-mi, now this one.

Forget it. Apparently it isn't sinking in. Maybe this will help. Consider this a favor.

nerfer909,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Take some time off to make your homemades safer, to watch and learn a little about how the others post on the forum, and to give everyone a little break from your work. I hope to see you refreshed and maybe even with a new (and safer) homemade.

Your account will not be functional until July 14, 2007 0624am HST (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

N-strike, enough commentary for now. You were warned. Be glad that it isn't a 9999. Go sit in a corner for a month.

N-strike,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until July 14, 2007 0631am HST (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

keef; I'm at a loss for words. Don't be the poster child for why we SHOULDN'T modify Nerf blasters. Last warning on the dumb posts.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users