Titan Ars

Where are they?

12 replies to this topic

#1 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

I recently bought a titan and a bbb from sam, which both were as advertised, and I think it came ARed out. Unfortunately my dad became interested in it and pumped it 40 times after I just plugged the pump, so naturally the little tube that brings the air to the tank is broken. I ordered a new one today, and I would like to know where the ARs are. I checked in the mods directory and found several modifications which didn't show me where the ARs are. I think they are in the barrel, but if anyone could post a picture it would be appreciated.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"
Malcolm Reynolds(Nathan Fillion)

Firefly, the best show ever created.

#2 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

you could probably fix the tubing by splicing in a new section.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#3 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

The air restriction's on the Titan's stock barrel are at the top of the barrel. They look like little grates (for lack of a better word.) Also, they are on the barrel that the big one screws on to. They also look like little "grates".

#4 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:36 AM

The air restriction's on the Titan's stock barrel are at the top of the barrel. They look like little grates (for lack of a better word.) Also, they are on the barrel that the big one screws on to. They also look like little "grates".

I know what air restrictors look like, I've modded quite a few guns, I was just looking for they're location. Thanks for the info. Would I be able(in this case) to punch them out with a screwdriver and a hammer?
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

I know what air restrictors look like, I've modded quite a few guns, I was just looking for they're location. Thanks for the info. Would I be able(in this case) to punch them out with a screwdriver and a hammer?

Yah I guess you can use a screw driver and a hammer but I think it is a lot easier just drilling them out.

Edited by PointBlank, 06 June 2007 - 10:56 AM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

Drill for sure. A screwdriver could end up deforming, or fracturing the piece that the AR is attached to, or it can damage the barrel. A drill is usually cleaner, and less nerve-wracking than smacking the shit outta the thing with a hammer and screwdriver.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

That I did on the removable barrel was use a hacksaw to cut off .75" off the tip of the barrel. And for the AR that's on the gun itself, I drilled it out and used the sander attachnemt to make it cleen.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#8 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

Just for clearing it up, I got the titan, found the air restrictors, which do look like grates, and punched them out even cleaner(on the non-detachable barrel) than Sam's. The attachable barrel I did pretty well, with just a little of the restricor remaining.

Edited by rebsol, 12 June 2007 - 03:54 PM.

#9 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

Just for clearing it up, I got the titan, found the air restrictos, which do look like grates, and punched them out even cleaner(on the non-detachable barrel) than Sam's. The attachable barrel I did pretty well, with just a little of the restricor remaining.

Just for clearing it up, I got the titan, found the air restrictors, which do look like grates, and punched them out even cleaner(on the non-detachable barrel) than Sam's. The attachable barrel I did pretty well, with just a little of the restricor remaining.

Post lag. Delete the second paragraph.

I don't know how you did it, but flipping the barrel upside down, putting a dowel or other solid rod into it, and hammering it down will pop the end grate off. You'll have to drill out the one installed in the actual gun.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#10 deathwolf

deathwolf

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

If you have a dremel, cut them out with a cutting bit.

If not, do what I did, and take your hot glue gun and melt out the grates. That's what I did to my friend's titan before he got a dremel.
BROOD XIII

#11 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Im too lazy to read through all of the replies but the same thing happened to me and when it did, well, I took off the tube that connects the titan to the hornet and I also took of the popped tube and put a small part of the new tube in. If you have a broken magstrike like me aswell I advise you to put a tiny peice ok one of its tubes inside of the replaced tube (about 2 or 3 mm) and you will get a more durable tube set up. Again Im sorry if someone already said this as Im to lazy to read throug all of the replies.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#12 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

Couldn't you have just read the replies and not posted the explination?

Also, I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean using the tubing from the Hornet as a coupling for the titan/magstrike tubing, or as an insert?
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#13 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Do you mean using the tubing from the Hornet as a coupling for the titan/magstrike tubing, or as an insert?
[/quote]

What I meant was using the tubing that connects the titan pump to the hornet pump, and putting a little bit of magstrike tubing inide of that. If you still dont know what I mean I will try to get pictures up once I figure out how to do that. Also I realized that if you disconnect the pressure gauge and plug that, there is no air leaking out at all, even for an hour as I tested yesterday, but make sure you dont use your feet to pump it because with the new tubes it takes a lot less time to fill up the tank, But try it out for yourself (you might pop the tank again if you pump it up to many times).
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users