Titan Internal Mods-writeup With Pics

Overpressure plug, rattling tilt limiter removal, AR removal

7 replies to this topic

#1 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:08 PM

Well, my NerfHaven validation just went through, so I figured I'd start with a writeup I did on NerfHQ. Is there any ettiquette about crossposting between the two forums? I see a lot of it...let me know if I'm breaking any rules here.

There will definitely be a Part 2 to this mod, as there are a million titan barrel modifications, and I was actually only really opening it up to take measurements for a pretty extreme integration project. Here’s a few easy mods I did to mine…after this tutorial is done, you are ready to do whatever you want for barrels.

1. Disassembly
2. Tilt limiter removal
3. Overpressure valve plug
4. Air restrictor removal

1. Disassembly.
Posted Image
Behold the mighty Titan. Just take the screws out of this side…you don’t need to take the screws out of under the barrel.

Posted Image
The only trick is you need to dremel slits in the orange pump retainer ring…it appears to be glued on. You can pry it or saw it or whatever, but dremeling two clean slits in it seemed like the easiest and cleanest thing for me. If you have to hacksaw it off, don't be too nervous, there's nothing delicate under it...as you can see below, it's just the cover for the pump plunger.

Behold, ye old guts:
Posted Image

2. Tilt limiter removal.
Posted Image
Man, the titan’s rattle is SUPER annoying. I knew i had to nuke that ASAP. The culprit is the ballbearing that won't let you fire at more than a 45 degree angle...also a plus, in case i want to shoot you and you are in a tree, and I am not. Go ahead and scoot stuff to the side until you can take out the orange retainers pieces for the ball bearings. I didn't put mine back in, and my titan still shoots fine, so I say leave it out if you feel like it. The ball is about the right size to make a nice stefan out of! Bonus!

Note: I'm not every planning to use the front trigger for anything (that may change depending on what integration I end up doing) but I went ahead and took its rattle ball out, too.

3. Overpressure valve plugging.
Posted Image
Holy pile of Titan! This was from taking all my measurements while my glue gun heated up. Once you unscrew the plunger cover, you can just slide the plunger right out. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure you have to take the cover off...try it without it. You'll have to undo one retaining screw by the trigger mechanism to give the barrel some play...this would be a bonus, as I'm amazed how many screws that stupid cover has...does a glorified pump handle REALLY need ten screws?

Posted Image
Blob on some hot glue. I've got a high temp gun, so i let it burn into the hole a little bit and squeezed some glue inside, as well as on. Tada, no more safety valve! You can now pump her up until your strength runs out or she pops a line.

4. Air restrictor removal. Weirdest thing, there aren't any restrictors! Not any moving ones, anyways...There's a couple vented spots, namely the end of the barrel attachement, and on the end of the threads that the barrel attaches to. I took a hacksaw and cut one thread off the barrel nub, and used pliers to twist the vents out of the end of the barrel. There is nothing to worry about hurting inside the barrel nub, it is just empty space. just leave enough that you can still screw the barrel on. If I get motivated I'll snap some pictures of that part and edit them in tomorrow.

There, your titan's internals are now ready for action! Anyone have any mods I missed? If you can give me a link or a good description, I'll crack i back open, I just did the common sense stuff.

Enjoy, and, as always, criticism is welcome...just because I'm a n00b with some freetime and a camera doesn't mean I have any idea what I'm doing ;)
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#2 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

pretty pictures, but...

someone beat ya to it ^^;

Titan Modification

and he has cool Lego bedsheets, so it's kinda hard to compete...
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#3 Keks

Keks

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

I thought your write up was very simple to understand, good job.

It's nice that more and more mods popping up on here are quickly increasing in the amount of pictures to go along with them, and that they're easy to understand. Some of the older mods on here tend to be a bit vague, and aren't "new kid" friendly.

b00m13 Posted Today, 06:38 PM
pretty pictures, but...

Titan Modification

b00m, just because it's been done before, doesn't mean he shouldn't post it.

If more than one explanation of how to do something comes up, then it's just another way to explain the steps, and that will often be able to help people that don't understand a part and need clarification.

When I was looking to mod my NiteFinder, I read through all of the articles, because I didn't know what people meant when they would say "Couplered" and things of that sort, and some were very vague on what they were doing.

Plus, were both new on the forums, so lets leave it to the vets to point those things out. I'm sure telekinetic looked at the other titan mods at some point in time.

#4 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:48 PM

Really thorough explanation and no you didn't leave anything out.
Boom, theres nothing wrong with posting a mod thats already been done, look at some of the mods on the modifications directory. Some of the mods for some guns are the same as others but a little bit different, kind of like this one.
Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?-King Of Butt Land

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#5 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

pretty pictures, but...

Titan Modification

oompa didn't show how to dremel the case off... :huh:

Thanks guys! Once I get my pics together and edited, I'll post a few more writeups.

Edited by telekinetic, 24 June 2007 - 02:04 AM.

Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#6 Deseas

Deseas

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:53 AM

That's a very detailed modification write-up, thanks for taking your time to do it!

I have a tip, if you 1/2" CPVC mod your Titan, ram a 1/2" long peice of FBR to the bottom of the barrel and then pour 12-20 Daisy BB's (non-airsoft kind) into the barrel, then finally ram another peice of FBR down the barrel. With this and a properly modified Titan you can get 15' spread at 140'!

#7 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:41 AM

That's a very detailed modification write-up, thanks for taking your time to do it!

I have a tip, if you 1/2" CPVC mod your Titan, ram a 1/2" long peice of FBR to the bottom of the barrel and then pour 12-20 Daisy BB's (non-airsoft kind) into the barrel, then finally ram another peice of FBR down the barrel. With this and a properly modified Titan you can get 15' spread at 140'!

But then it would no longer be a nerf gun, it would be a modified plastic toy BB gun. If anyone showed up at a war and fired that type of ammo burst, I wouldn't be surprised if they got tied to a tree in the sun and left to die.

Now that was a little harsh, but we don't modify these guns to fire BBs, we mod them to shoot Nerf darts, whether homemade ones (stefans), converted stock darts, maybe even standard stock darts.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#8 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

oompa didn't show how to dremel the case off... :)

ah u got me there!!

i kinda wished he had too, since it took me 30mins of prying/trying, b4 i realized that damn orange casing wasn't coming off and i knew i had to saw it in 2.

Edited by b00m13, 24 June 2007 - 09:25 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users