Petg Breach

a solution

5 replies to this topic

#1 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:08 PM

OK, so after hearing many questions and requests regarding a PETG breach, I decided to make one. This is my first sort of write-up, so feedback would be appreciated. I tried to be as specific as possible.
First off, here are the materials you will need:
Posted Image
PETG: about 6 inches of it
1/2" brass: 3/4 inch length
1/2" CPVC: About 3/4 inch length
1/2" PVC: about an one and a quarter inches
5/8" brass (with a slot cut into it): The slot is 1 and 3/4 inches long, and is cut about 13/16 inches from the end. The whole length is about 5 and 3/4 inches.
First, dremmel out the CPVC so that the 1/2" brass fits snuggly about 1/4" inside of it.
Posted Image
Next, Put a seal of teflon tape around the 1/2" brass.
Posted Image
Then, push the CPVC into the PVC all the way to the end of the PVC.
Posted Image
Then, push the 5/8" brass into the PVC so that it goes into the same end as the 1/2" brass is sticking out of.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Last, push the PETG in the breach, and it's ready for use. Use it for whatever you can think of, or maybe put a magazine/clip on it.
Posted Image
The breach works by having the PETG seal against the 1/2" brass in the back. The 5/8" brass is to hold the dart in place as the PETG bolt(?) is moved into place.

Edited by CD-R, 10 June 2007 - 11:19 AM.

It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#2 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:11 PM

wow, nice
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#3 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

Lengths of pipe would be good. As I don't have brass I don't understand, but I do know that CPVC doesn't go into PVC.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#4 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

Actually, some PVC does fit around CPVC, but otherwise you can dremmel it out.
As for lengths of tubing, I will post an update in a few hours.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

I use a lathe. None of my CPVC ever fit in any PVC. When it comes down to it, I can just lathe anything I want. I just prefer to use a standard breach. Easy to make.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#6 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

Nice Robbie. I never knew you were working on this. Then again, I've been out of the nerfing loop for about month now.
HERP DERP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users