Photo

One Of My More "interesting" Highly Experemental Mods.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

Posted Image

basically it is a lbb AR removed and opv plugged, and a mav AR removed, clip modd.

the really special thing is that the lbb barrel is tied into the mav plunger cylinder, basically making the mav portion of the gun a (semi) auto rotating turret. ranges at 20 pumps- 40" flat.

I found that the gun is'nt very efficient, the turret leaks far to much air but the basic idea works rather well.
Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#2 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

HA HA HA
That is so funny looking!
So to make it work you have to pull the front trigger first then the back trigger?
Or did you integrate the triggers?

Edited by SPU-Nerf, 09 June 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#3 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Yeah, you pull the front trigger first, you know, it never occured to me to integrate the triggers...

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

#4 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

20 pumps 40 feet...wow...thats bad...
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#5 flameboy

flameboy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

That is bad how far did you normally want it to go?

#6 Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

That is really cool. It might be me, but is the mav angled?
Overall, really nice

#7 ninjabeast22

ninjabeast22

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, if it were possible to make the seal better, this could work really well...although it's basically just the same thing as adding a 2k turret to something except with 2 more barrels and bulkier. And maybe slightly quicker rotation.

#8 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:49 PM

I'm sure that the bad turret seal is a large factor, but it could also be that the barrels are too short to take advantage of the LBB's power.

Also, did you do Captain Slug's first Mav mod to it? The "swappable front-end clip," I believe it was called.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#9 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:25 AM

I did this with a xbow for my cousin. He refused to sell it to me yet let me do anything I wanted to it as of modifications. I basically put the internals of the mav minus the plunger assembly into the xbow. It was like a western repeating rifle.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#10 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

That is kind of cool. It is the basic idea that makes it so interesting.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#11 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:55 AM

I'm sure that the bad turret seal is a large factor, but it could also be that the barrels are too short to take advantage of the LBB's power.

Also, did you do Captain Slug's first Mav mod to it? The "swappable front-end clip," I believe it was called.

yeah, the turret seal is the major problem, the barrels not so much, I did not expect to get full lbb ranges with this anyways because of the way the mav is built.

essentially, I did capn' slug's "swappable front-end clip," but I just cut the front end differently

#12 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Looks interesting. The ranges are really bad, have any idea how too get longer ranges?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#13 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

Thats pretty cool, looks kindof like a mini LS. You might want to try cable ties instead of black e-tape....It might look alittle better.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users