Free Websites

what are your favorite web hosts

11 replies to this topic

#1 younggunner

younggunner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:49 AM

I know many of you have used different free website hosts in the creation of your nerf websites.

I was just wondering what you guys think is in your opinion the best free host.
Visit My Site
Join My Forums
Nerf Design

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

Why use a free host? I know of no hosts that are ad-less and free. You can get cheap hosting for like $2-5/mo, with up to 20% off it you buy for 3 years...My host, www.hostdepartment, was $4/mo and I have unlimited storage, bandwidth, databases, emails, just about everything except domains(I can only host 10).

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but from the site I see in your sig, you're probably not going to be able to do much with a real host. With a real host you have to code/use a GUI program to create the pages; a bit harder than using freewebs.

#3 younggunner

younggunner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

I was basically wondering if there is anything free and easy to use besides freewebs because i keep getting this ad for 18+ sites popping up and freewebs wont respond to my emails(it sais they will respond within 4 buisness hours and the refuse to respond).

I am currently working on learning html coding and everything else i will need to know to make my own site.
Visit My Site
Join My Forums
Nerf Design

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

Contact me on AIM, I will host your things and you can get a .tk redirect.

#5 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:36 PM

Self-hosting is always the cheapest and best.

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

Not to mention the least reliable. Plus, it's harder to configure unless you know what you're doing/have all the proper permissions.

#7 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

I'm thinking about deleting my entire freewebs page, and just getting a .tk for freepowerboards.
Nuckin' Futz

#8 younggunner

younggunner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

I am looking at different options for webhosts nerfmonkey at NHQ gave me this I think I will try it out and tell you guys what I think. http://www.webng.com/
Visit My Site
Join My Forums
Nerf Design

#9 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:12 AM

Not to mention the least reliable. Plus, it's harder to configure unless you know what you're doing/have all the proper permissions.

Complicated I give you, but if you think it's the least reliable, you've had some decent luck with third-party hosts. ;)

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:14 AM

Host Department is really the only one I've had. I tried to sign up for Lypha, but it didn't work for some reason. Host Department is great though, I've never seen it down, unscheduled.

#11 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Why use a free host? I know of no hosts that are ad-less and free. You can get cheap hosting for like $2-5/mo, with up to 20% off it you buy for 3 years...My host, www.hostdepartment, was $4/mo and I have unlimited storage, bandwidth, databases, emails, just about everything except domains(I can only host 10).

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but from the site I see in your sig, you're probably not going to be able to do much with a real host. With a real host you have to code/use a GUI program to create the pages; a bit harder than using freewebs.

Your Walmart has pipe? My WalMart must be horrible. I have never heard of a dart fishtailing and then becoming accurate again. Even with my old LBB. Why is it so loud? Air guns are usually followed with a THUMP, or WHOOH. (Try to sound it out).

Your talking about the "NO LIMITED WEBSITE UNLIMITED" right? Umm stupid question: Do you get a .com name?

#12 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, it's essientially unlimited. I don't remember if a domain is included. I want to say that if you sign up for 2 years you get 1 free. If not they only cost like 15 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users