Maxshot At2k Integration

intimidating? ya!

13 replies to this topic

#1 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

This is my first complete mod write-up so, enjoy!

here is a picture of the gun:

Posted Image
ya, I know, the hotglue makes it look kind of sloppy but it is effective.
Step 1: hot glue the pressure chamber and the power gauge. glue the chamber on the bottom and the gauge on the side so it is sticking out
Step 2:attach the pump to the side of the gun. Move it foward or backwards depending on your what you prefer.
step 3: add the barrel and barrel stablizers. take a small 3in piece of 9/16 brass tubing and hot glue it on to the chamber. Then take 2 1in pieces of pvc pipe and glue them onto the barrel and the side of the gun for stabillity.
step 4: add the key-ring. simply attach the ring to the firing for easy pulling.

ranges: *note* the maxshot and at2k have already been modded before I combined them.The at2k has a plugged pump and the maxshot I just added a new barrel.
range on at2k-90ft
range on maxshot-80ft
Posted Image
pic of oring and pressure gauge
Posted Image
picture of the whole contraption
Posted Image
picture of trigger

Posted Image
another pic

Edited by chefdave, 07 June 2007 - 10:56 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#2 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

Been done before but very nice write-up. This would be hard to get clean with no adhesive showing but all in all you did a very nice job.

Link to Vassili's http://www31.brinkst...epts/custom.htm
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#3 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:14 PM

Thanks, I'm off for the night.
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#4 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

I think that Dave's looks better than Vasseli's because Vasseli used e-tape all over the thing.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

I don't know if we can call this a true "integration".

It's more or less some AT2000 internals, minus trigger assembly, hotglued to the bottom of a MaxShot.

While it is indeed integrated, in the most raw form of the word (to incorporate two items to become one functional item), it lacks creativity in form and improved function. Most anyone can slap their naked 2Ks to anything with hot glue.

Is there any way to contain the internals, either by cutting away at the bottom of the MaxShot, or perhaps utilizing large-diameter PVC pipe to create a containment unit fastened in similar fashion to the bottom of the MaxShot? When I made my "Toothy" (Sawtooth/ SM1500/ SecretShot2 integration), I hacked and cut away much of the Sawtooth shell, gave up on the box magazine from the 'tooth (it couldn't stand a chance against a Longshot anyway), and used lots of hotglue/ epoxy to make it all come together.

Posted Image

I still used some duct tape and hot glue to attach the SS2 pump to the side, but most of the pieces are contained in the Sawtooth shell.

But heck, that's just me. I'm a picky son of a bitch. If it makes you happy, who cares if I'm distracted by all that greeeen glittery, booger-like hot glue. Git 'R done!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

Git 'R done!
-Piney-

Holy shit, that's reached Hawaii?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Git 'R done!

I'm so siggin' that.

Holy shit, that's reached Hawaii?

Why wouldn't it? It's just a short, catchy phrase that emboodies the blue-collar work ethic.
Piney, from what I know, obviously has a similar ethic. Look at all he does: (both here and in real life) it obvious that he knows how to, well, Git 'R done.

On topic, though, I don't agree with piney. I often duct tape whole guns together just for the hell of it. Call it the Po' man's integration. If it works, it works. I don't give a shit about how plastic, foam shooting children's toys look, as long as it is effective.
USA

#8 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

That's a pretty good first write-up.

But I do agree with Piney. I wouldn't call slapping some airpowered internals onto a gun and adding a keyring to be an integration, no offense. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to do that. At least not as much as actually putting the innards inside the gun. I did that, basically, with my Nasa-3k, but now, to me, it's looks pretty ugly. Going to have to cover up all that... gross crap somehow.

That looked like a nice Paintjob ont he Maxshot, but with the glittery glue and the PVC all over the place the at2k doesn't really seem to fit. I would suggest that, next time, paint it after you have put other things on it, or paint it again. I don't paint, but since it looks like you can, I think it would make it look better.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#9 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

I think that its sort of an integration, after all you are combining two weapons into one. Integrations are normally inside of the shell for sturdiness. I personally hate hot glue, and would only do something similar to this if it was Plumber's Goop.

#10 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

I think we need a new word, something like, attachment, because hotgluing to the side is not an integration.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#11 neomike88

neomike88

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:08 AM

Heh, all the glittery stuff is interesting, maybe you should have just gone with the sliver by itself.
Mike

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

I don't even know if I can add this to the directory as a write up. I mean nothing was really done to the Max shot itself. It is just the guts of an AT2K hot glued onto the side of a Max shot. I gotta say that green stuff looks horrible.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

I don't know if we can call this a true "integration".

It's more or less some AT2000 internals, minus trigger assembly, hotglued to the bottom of a MaxShot.

While it is indeed integrated, in the most raw form of the word (to incorporate two items to become one functional item), it lacks creativity in form and improved function. Most anyone can slap their naked 2Ks to anything with hot glue.

-Piney-

I agree with pineapple, it isn't really an integration, just an at2k glued to the bottom of a maxshot.

PS: I did something similar to my bbb

#14 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

ya I know, it's kinda sloppy, but I meant it to be like a prototype. If it works well in wars I will epoxy it.

note, I will try to add the write-up for modding the at2k and maxshot.

Edited by chefdave, 09 June 2007 - 05:20 PM.

QUOTE(crispy) View Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users