Freakin Maverick

I messed it up

3 replies to this topic

#1 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

My friend gave his Maverick to me to mod. I did the Penny mod someone had mentioned and the metal bar that cocks the plunger broke off because of the pressure exerted onto the plastic that holds the bar <_< . How do I fix this?
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#2 Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

I would use a salvaged piece of metal that fits where the broken bar was, and remove some of the pennies.

Edited by Newbie, 07 June 2007 - 05:48 PM.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

Someone reciently asked this over at NHQ.

Here ya go.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

First off, I did not make up that quote on my signature, I saw it as a fake sign for sale on I science supply company website.
Back on topic, just drill a small hole through both sides of the plastic where the cocking bar was, then stick a bar of metal through the holes as a replacement. Try to make the replacement roughly the same size as the original, or else it will rub on the inside of the gun and get stuck if it's to thick, or bend in half if it's to thin. Personally, I cut a 1/8" thick nail to the right length and glue it in place (it's a little thick though).
EDIT: bobofan beat me to it.

Edited by CD-R, 07 June 2007 - 05:59 PM.

It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users