• 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

Whats up, Im new here too. welcome back

#27 Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

acctually, perrogative means freedom given by one's authority.

Actually prerogative means right. In any sense it means freedom of speech or actions basically.

pre·rog·a·tive /prɪˈrɒgətɪv, pəˈrɒg-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pri-rog-uh-tiv, puh-rog-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an exclusive right, privilege, etc., exercised by virtue of rank, office, or the like: the prerogatives of a senator.
2. a right, privilege, etc., limited to a specific person or to persons of a particular category: It was the teacher's prerogative to stop the discussion.
3. a power, immunity, or the like restricted to a sovereign government or its representative: The royal prerogative exempts the king from taxation.
4. Obsolete. precedence.
–adjective
5. having or exercising a prerogative.
6. pertaining to, characteristic of, or existing by virtue of a prerogative.

Edited by Substance Abuse, 09 June 2007 - 03:24 AM.

QUOTE(Brass @ Jul 6 2007, 10:30 PM) View Post

QUOTE(keef @ Jul 6 2007, 09:29 PM) View Post

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.

#28 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:16 AM

Yeah, and that's not what you said in your first post in the thread...

Choice doesn't mean exclusive right. But this isn't an English class so we won't hassle you too much.

#29 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Holy shit has this turned into English class. I graduated from H.S. a long time ago and this topic has strayed right back to that hell. Don't make me go back.

I agree with Prometheus. Who gives a shit who bought what gun for an insanely large amount of money. If he wanted it, that is what he paid for it. The value of any Nerf gun, or anything on ebay, for that matter, is based solely on how much someone is willing to pay for it. As a collector, I have paid alot more for some guns than they are nearly worth because it was either a hard-to-find piece or I needed it to complete a set. Leave him the fuck alone about this. I don't care, the people that have known him don't care, and I'm sure he doesn't care either.

Lilsniper, I remember you from back before grammar police and the dictionaries were aggravating me here on NH. Welcome back!
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#30 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

closed /kloʊzd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[klohzd] Pronunciation Key

–adjective

1. having or forming a boundary or barrier: He was blocked by a closed door. The house had a closed porch.

2. brought to a close; concluded: It was a closed incident with no repercussions.

3. not public; restricted; exclusive: a closed meeting; a closed bid at a private auction.

4. not open to new ideas or arguments.

5. self-contained; independent or self-sufficient: a closed, symbiotic relationship.

6. Phonetics. (of a syllable) ending with a consonant or a consonant cluster, as has, hasp. Compare open (def. 35b).

[Origin: 1175–1225; ME; see close, -ed2]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

....hey, there's the meaning I've been looking for!

Seriously, people. If you're going to have pretentious teenager debates, take it to the Dumbfuck Junior High debate forum. Quote Groove, quoting Langley,"We grownups have plastic toys to discuss".

Thanks for the head-up, Badger. If you didn't post here, I probably wouldn't have bothered to double-check on them young n's.

I generally frown on "welcome back" threads, especially if the departed had only been away a few months, and hadn't a whole lot of impact on the NerfHaven forums for the most part. Nothing personal, mind y'all, it's just my opinion of that.

Now if cxwq came back, well, hey, we'd throw a huge party. Then again, probably half of the active posters right now would be suspended immediately. So you little bugs better start gettin' it all together. The day may not be far off.

Welcome back, lilsniper. Try not to lose interest so soon again. Too many come here expecting to make a big splash, only to ditch a couple months into it.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users