Photo

Air Tank

4 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

I want to make a homade air tank for a nerf gun. I want something easy to make and cheap. possibly made of PVC or Steel pipe. Any help would be great.

#2 Jtcm

Jtcm

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

Do you mean like this?

#3 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Sort of. I just need a way to make "for example" Like the titan air tank. Is there some way to just make a tank with a pin you could pull to open the valve and then hook up a bike tank to pump it?

#4 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Sort of. I just need a way to make "for example" Like the titan air tank. Is there some way to just make a tank with a pin you could pull to open the valve and then hook up a bike tank to pump it?

I assume you mean a dump valve, like in an Air Tech gun. Of course you can add one on to the end of a tank, but it will consume a lot of you air. You might also want to regulate it down a bit first. Also, you can attach a bike pump using a NPT snifter valve, which is the same threads as what the threaded PVC couplers have.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

The cost of materials to make one would be the same or more than simply buying a Buzz Bee Big Blast ($9).
If you gave more details as to what you're trying to accomplish that might help.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 June 2007 - 04:54 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users