Laser Tag Gun

Found at K-mart

16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

I found this gun at K-mart a couple days ago. It might interest some of you, but it has a hefty $40 price tag because of all the electronics (which I promptly ripped out.) Here are some pictures.
Posted Image
An interesting thing about this gun, is that the pump doubles as a stock. There is a switch of sorts on top, that when you move the switch to the other side, it allows you to pull out the pump, and it locks it in place. There are three different lengths that you can pull it out to. The only mods that I've done to it, are Minimization, pump plugged (you really don't need to, but I felt like it.) and finally, attached one of those PVC quick-fix things that you can make into a simplistic breech. I intend to use stock darts with this, as all of my friends that I Nerf with only use those.

Here is a picture comparing it with a Big Salvo. It is VERY close in size.
Posted Image

Finally, here is a close up on the air-tank. It's about half the size of the Titan's, but it seems to be able to hold more pressure.
Posted Image
Sorry that the picture is a little blurry, but you can sort of see the air tank down there.

Ok, I'll be able to answer any questions tomorrow, but not tonight.
If you want, I will post a picture of the box that it came in.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say. The shot-gun/pump thing on the BOTTOM of the gun is the trigger.

Edit: I fixed that huge picture.

Edited by DarkInfection, 05 June 2007 - 10:40 AM.

#2 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:20 PM

Whatever you do, Do not try and bend the firing pin.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#3 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

Ok, I managed to get back on the computer. Why would I want to bend the firing pin? To change the trigger or something?

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

Exactly. The bic pen mod or bending the pin will allow you to open the valve more allowing more air to hit the dart at once. This increases range and velocity. The metal they used on the firing pin is very brittle and just broke off on mine ages ago. I was able to repair it but it was kind of a pin in the ass.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#5 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

Im curious as to what kind of ranges you are getting.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#6 zoob

zoob

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

Looks like a gun from the future. :)

#7 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

The ranges are pretty damn good. All I know is that with a micro whistler dart, I can stand in (front of) my driveway, shoot it flat, and it will land in (front of) my next-door neighbors driveway. Thats with a STOCK dart, and no barrel (or at least the very small one that is created by the repair-coupling breech. Eyeballing it now, with no barrel, I'd say it's at least hitting 80' if not more. I just need to put a barrel on there.....

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

There've been a few discussions about this gun before. It's a beast, but expensive.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=6772

Edited by Carbon, 05 June 2007 - 11:06 AM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 SirBlastalot

SirBlastalot

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:In the tree behind you. No, the other one. What do you mean there's no tree behind you?

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'm really confused. Why does a laser-tag gun fire darts? If you just ripped out all the electronics and built an air-gun inside this, why not use something cheeper? :blink:
Longshot: $30
Bandolier: $25
10 CS 12-round clips: $240
Immense ass-kicking firepower: Priceless
-Prometheus

#10 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

I'm really confused. Why does a laser-tag gun fire darts?

It used a Lazer Tag missile. You used it like a mortar, arcing it up and landing the missile in a group of people. The electronics in the rocket would fire, tagging all the people within a limited radius.

Edited by Carbon, 05 June 2007 - 11:24 AM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#11 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

If you want to squeeze more range out of the repair coupling breech, cut down a crayola marker and hammer it in the end.
Here's a few pics so you get the idea:
Cut open breech:
Posted Image
Here's the crayola marker in it's place:
Posted Image
Sorry about the huge pics.
Cut the marker down to 2", and make sure to use a section of marker that doesn't have those ridges inside. (Or just use a Rose-Art marker.) I tried to nest CPVC in there, but the end has a much smaller ID than regular Sch. 40 PVC. You could probably try brass, but I built this long before I knew my ACE hardware sold brass.

I also found that it is better to only put about a 1/2" of your darts into this crayola and let the air push them all the way through. (With CDTS anyway...) That was with a ball valve gun however, so you may want more or less.
USA

#12 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hmm... Thats interesting. I didn't think to put a Crayola barrel in there.

Carbon: Yes, it's very expensive, but it's also comfortable and VERY powerful. I think I may try to relocate the trigger. Using the pump-action trigger sort of throws off my aim.

#13 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

I to got a hold of one of these awhile back. They were on clearance at TRU for $20 and are definitely worth the money. I think they have more power than the Titan. Here's a pic of the beast:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And what it can do to a pop can:

Front:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

I also didn't like the pump action trigger, but my tank broke before I really did anything with it. It's big enough for some major integrations. It's a sweet gun and pick one up if you see them

Edited by Carrtoon, 05 June 2007 - 12:54 PM.

When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#14 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

That looks awesome Carrtoon! How many times do you pump yours? I've pumped it forty times, and it shows no sign of breaking. The pump it self is so dang small.... ( I'm talking about how much air is pumped into the tank with each stroke.)

#15 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

Sweet mod Joe. Now I know what youre talking about. Verry sweet. Mabey add a larger bike pump to reduce the time to prime. 40 Bucks though that is a hefty price.

#16 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:02 PM

I got some PVC just now, what barrel length do you think would be good? I am currently using two feet. Not sure if that's too long, or short.....

#17 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Nice job Cartoon. Have you ever shot that at a full pop can? I shot a home made dart with my Titan at a full pop can and it exploded all over my face. Just something that I thought you aught to try sometime if you are bored. :)
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users