Nf Plunger Head Reinforcement Write Up

A way to reinforce your plunger head

51 replies to this topic

#51 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

I agree with everyone who says the Handyman springs from Home Depo are too powerful. I super glued my plunger together and coated the outside with hot glue, and after 40 shots the whole plunger tube cracked and was ruined. I did not reinforce the plunger head and it was busted and the plastic rod that is attached was bent.
Unless there is a way to make a stronger plunger out of cpvc or something I am sure those springs will break the Nitefinder.

All you did was glue the assembly? I would suggest doing the metal washer head mod, adding a bigger screw to the stop of the plunger head and gluing that in place. Then if you are really concered, cut some aluminum and glue it to the plunger shaft.

EDIT: Oh right, remember how I kept saying I was going to do this to my Nitefinder and see the results? Well I actually have the ACE Hardware spring that is actually more powerful then the Handyman spring... well according to JHD's post:
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9258

Edited by six-five-two, 13 August 2007 - 03:30 PM.

#52 Springer

Springer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

When i modded my recently reiceived NF the part where the plunger rod screws on to the pluger head actually cracked. When this happened I was like "OH SHIT!!!". What I did was to sqeezeze as much gorilla glue as possible down the crewhole and screw the head back on. Wait for a few hours for it to foam up and with the immense pressure the screwhole is under, it will never break off. This plus nerfboi's reinforcement will make you plunger invincible. Or at least as much as plastic can be. Just make sure that you have the catch and sring on the rod before you do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users