5 minutes, say anything.

78 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:06 AM

Hey guys, this is a very serious topic that I think will aid the community out alot. I'll be asking guys I regularly Nerf with in person, but I thought I'd make a joint topic, here and at NHQ. Here's what I want from you guys. If you could say anything to Hasrbo, question, comment or otherwise what would it be?

It could be an idea, it could be a suggestion, it could be a question related to their direction, engineering aspects, anything. And I do mean anything. I'm trying to compile an entire list so the next time someone runs into them at a war, we'll have something we can hand to them.

So here are a couple of my personal questoins to start off.

1. Why a sudden interest in our community? Is it because you like what we do, because we're a steady buying group, or any other reasons?

2. What are some of the engineering principles and formula's you use for the projection of the dart?

3. Is there a future for spring guns past pistols and is it possible in the future we may see a primary sized spring rifle?

It's that simple...so ask away, I'll do my best to someday see that these questions land in the hands of Hasbro, god willing. In the meantime it serves as a neat opportunity to brainstorm.

Nerf on,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:14 AM

"Give Boltsniper a job!"

#3 TOFUburger

TOFUburger

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

"Give Boltsniper a job!"

Amen to that... <_<
All bow down to BoltSniper, he is my god.

#4 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:00 AM

I would ask them if they ever plan to re-release the powerclip. They should make it with a camo paintjob if they do.

#5 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:12 AM

"How often does the design team get to design a new, unprecedented blaster?"

"Do they have specific orders from the Big cheeses to give previous models only a shell revamp ?"

my second question stems from those suspicions that those shameless remakes (AT/SM series) are to save productions costs.

On a side note, I hope for some rereleases of the airjet plus series.

Edited by Drano, 05 March 2005 - 02:41 AM.

#6 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:07 AM

"Would you please bring the crossbow back into the stores?"

#7 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:12 AM

"Alright, the N-strike series was cool and all, but its time to move on.we loooove that your making good spring guns again, but we need something to work with.The hornet is the only gun from the unity system worth modding, and those arent even that good. How about a new line of either re-releases, or a new series that has a good solid mixture of airjet and spring powered guns. Like Talio said, We'd all thank you for another spring powered rifle, or maybe even just a crossbow re-release. Keep up the good work, and tell whoever designed the maverick that there is a HORRIBLE air seal on the thing. <_<
Black Masks & Gasoline

#8 nerfcrusader

nerfcrusader

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:54 AM

"Could you make a "starter" like kit for the new nerfers that would include things like: pvc, pvc glue, rubber bands and other such things for modifying guns?"
Drummer and songwriter of Governor

#9 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:36 AM

Why would they make a starter kit if on the sides of the boxes they put Do not aim at eyes or face,use only darts designed for this blaster,Do not modify darts or dart blasters. I would tell hasbro to keep putting resrictors in guns.(that way there more powerful when modified,like the Airtechs) I would ask them why they keep making complex guns like the Hornet and Airtech 3000 isn't it cheaper to make spring guns?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#10 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:38 AM

"Do you actually make nerf guns so that there is a way to mod them to be powerful? Is there like a secret way to mod the maverick and scout so that they f'n rock, but we just haven't found it yet? Or do you just sit there and see what we come up with."

I've always wondered about this, seeing as the toys say "do not modify darts or dart blaster."

For the post above me, I think that this wouldn't work seeing as there is a reason why Hasbro doesn't want little children to modify guns. But seeing as they already know WE modify them without permission...hence my question.

EDIT: navyseal beat me to it. I was referring to nerfcrusader, not navyseal

Edited by AirApache, 05 March 2005 - 10:38 AM.

Indiana '11

#11 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:51 AM

I would ask how long does it usually take to get a nerf gun from design to concept to in stores. That and like almost everyone else I would be happy to see another spring powered rifle.

#12 fastkill

fastkill

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:05 AM

I would only ask them to work with the Nerf community so there guns would be better and so they would sell more. If there smart they would work with us.
New Breed

#13 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:06 AM

No they wouldn't. We're such a small part of the consumer base I doubt we make much of a difference.

~ompa

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:33 PM

I'd ask them to include safety glasses in their packages, so they could make more high-powered guns. Though I doubt they would, because most of the people who buy Nerf blasters are little kids and it would probably bring up issues with some parents. That would be nice, though if they would bring back some of the good old classic guns. They were around before I got into Nerf, so I never had a chance to buy any. :(
SexD Warves

#15 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:37 PM

The new "paintball" nerf line has saftyglasses.

Q's:
Could you bring back a few old school guns like the BBB or even the SM500?

Could you make mini titan missles because I don't like the big ones. :(

Could you make camo colored gun?
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#16 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:46 PM

I don’t think they would re-issue old blasters, but if they did if would be cool if they released them in a “NERF Classics” series, with the same specs as the originals but a common design theme throughout. But more I want to see them reference the past and bring to life NEW ones that would give the market variety. Honestly, a market that has only pistols is a travesty.
baghead :(

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#17 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:59 PM

"Why did NSF spoil the Xbow party for everyone"

Edited by Gamefreak, 05 March 2005 - 02:59 PM.

#18 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

One of the big reasons that they probably won't go back to the older guns is because while they are 'old-school' to us and look pimp, the newer generation of kids are apprently looking for different looking guns. Don't forget, the closer the guns look to the ones on TV and on your video games, the more they will sell.

Secondly, asking for modding packages and or glasses and stuff is stupid because parents won't buy anything for children if they know that it requires safety goggles. It's nerf, not paintball.

AA
Indiana '11

#19 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

I know it's Nerf. That's why I say, "They probably wouldn't, it would bring up issues with parents."
SexD Warves

#20 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:17 PM

"Do you actually make nerf guns so that there is a way to mod them to be powerful? Is there like a secret way to mod the maverick and scout so that they f'n rock, but we just haven't found it yet? Or do you just sit there and see what we come up with."

I think the people at hasbro actually, because comon, look all the titan! Why would they give it some much power, and then restricted it so much, but making it so that it's easy to mod? I believe they made the titan just for us :P

Suggestion: Even though I know nerf is a toy thats sopposed to be for kids, I was thinking that maybe hasbro could make a whole other branch that's for teens and older people. You know, high powered guns out of the box, machine guns that shoot 80 feet, and the use of clips. Yes, I know, probably alot of you will flame me for this, but you know, some of us like the idea of having our nerf guns working like airsoft ones. As so others like the close combat you get so much from nerf.
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#21 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

I would ask what the design process entails, whether it is usually outsourced to Johnson research etc. most of the time or if the nerf team does most of the work. I would also ask what a nerf design team consists of besides the mechanical engineers involved and which part of the team decides which direction to move in. How do they make their prototypes, whether it be through PVC and plexiglass like Lonnie did and we do or whether is be CAD design that is translated into moving parts,(there's a cool site that does that for $200). I know there are prototypes built with $40,000 printers that are 3-d . Hasbro has rereleased a great deal of nerf toys, mostly the simplistic designs like bow n arrow and double crossbow on many occasions.

#22 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:40 PM

1) Will there be any more DVD adventures similar to what was packed with the "N-Strike" set? Either using the same "N-Strike" theme ( a continuance of the "series"), or even variants ("Hogan's Alley" type police trainers, fun shooting games, etc.)

2) Knowing full well of the intention of the community to modify these blasters, are the engineers striving to hinder our ability to carry out our deeds, or are they giving us "shortcut" opportunities to remove, add, stretch, plug, and glue these things?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#23 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:09 PM

Suggestion: Even though I know nerf is a toy thats sopposed to be for kids, I was thinking that maybe hasbro could make a whole other branch that's for teens and older people. You know, high powered guns out of the box, machine guns that shoot 80 feet, and the use of clips. Yes, I know, probably alot of you will flame me for this, but you know, some of us like the idea of having our nerf guns working like airsoft ones. As so others like the close combat you get so much from nerf.

Not bashing you or anything, but think about about what we, as a modifying community, would do to stuff like that. 80 feet out of the box...translates to modified guns that are too powerful to play with without armor or something.

Now there's an idea! Plastic armor...like, Halo-ized or something...I'd definitely would NOT be embarrassed to be seen wearing elite armor.

CK, I think the majority of those who have actually warred (too bad I dont qualify) like the feeling of close combat, and being able to dodge...so even though it's a cool idea (machine nerf gun..hmm..) I don't think that'll happen. Actually what would be cool is if..ok,
If you've ever played Perfect Dark, you know how the Cyclone loads? It would be cool to have a PC like that, except with removal clips, but they pass horizontally and eject them after use.
Indiana '11

#24 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:26 PM

Guys this isn't a discussion. Either post a question, comment or suggestion as if you would say it to Hasbro or shut the fuck up. If you want to bullshit and speculate over why a toy company does one thing or another, go make your own topic.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#25 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 11:25 AM

1. How long do you think the nerf brand line will continue? Due to the fact that there was a large gap between guns, do you think the nerf community is growing or shrinking?

2. What do you plan for the next release of guns? Would it be possbile to make multiple clips, or ejectable shells, to make guns more semi-automatic? But with the possibly to use at longer ranges?

3. Are their any "grenade" type products planned to be released? such as a small nerf bomb, that pops open and lets small nerf particles fly everywhere. Something that can be reuseable.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users