Good Far Range Weapons

what do i use?

13 replies to this topic

#1 meatball sub

meatball sub

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hey i am looking for good far range weapons and i want one as a PRIMARY or secondary i already have a AR removed nitefinder for sidearm. Anyways i will probably get a longshot and i am not too interested in the supermaxx and airtech lines unless they are very good.or if you have any for trade or sale that are just overall good guns let me know :rolleyes:

edit: i also am not very interested with moddifying my guns bacause i just dont preffer the hassle of losing parts

Edited by meatball_sub, 31 May 2007 - 08:13 AM.

---www.mbsnerfreviews.blogspot.com---

#2 butleriscool123

butleriscool123

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Well the Airtech line was a very good line (exept for the airtech 1000) but I would reccomend the Lanard Blast Bazooka with a coupler and a long pvc barrel for a primary or a asshole.

Edited by butleriscool123, 30 May 2007 - 10:28 PM.

#3 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Titan.Thats it. Titan. period
Newb: Paintball is better than nerf, I mean common there weaker than hell.
Nerfer: Really want to take a shot to the balls with a titan?

Come check out my forum: http://zxnerf.yourfreebb.com

#4 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Longshot. Or xbow if you can get your hands on one.
kthxbaisend

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

meatball_sub, please work harder on your post quality from now on. We do not permit netspeak or laziness in capitalization, punctuation, spelling, or grammar. The EDIT button is your friend, but making the effort prior to hitting submit is much preferred.

That said I would recommend a Buzz Bee Big Blast. It's cheap ($9 at K-Mart), accurate, easy to modify, sturdy, reliable, and only takes 4 or 5 pumps to reach beyond 100 feet. If I didn't have other more entertaining guns to use it would definitely be my primary from now on.

Otherwise get yourself a very simple springer like a Big Bad Bow.
I wouldn't particularly recommend a Longshot as a primary for a new player. It's not the easiest weapon to effectively use in a war, it's not very accurate, and it's quite difficult to modify effectively.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 30 May 2007 - 11:36 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:34 AM

The Lanard Big Salvo is a good option, all four of its shots can reach 100 withough the pump pluged.

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

I own all the well-known long range weapons excepting the x-bow, so I can't speak for it, but I do think the SuperMaxx 1500 is the greatest gun ever made by NERF. I've gotten ranges over 150' with it (I own five or six and one obtained an angled shot of over 100 yards, but the pump valve broke in the process and I have yet to fix it). Big Salvos (I own about seven) are good but I don't reccomend plugging the pump (they are VERY fragile). AT3K is a good all around gun (better ROF than SM 1500, but range/accuracy can't compare). If you're looking for the best long range gun, don't get a longshot go with a SM1500. I'd pay up to $40 for one on ebay (and I have a few times).

edit: the only mod you need to do is to plug the pump with hot-glue, possibly make a hot glue column where the trigger connects to the plug on the tank, and add new barrels, takes about 10 minutes.

Edited by imaseoulman, 31 May 2007 - 02:08 PM.

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

i also am not very interested with moddifying my guns bacause i just dont preffer the hassle of losing parts

Please make your next post an improvement over the above. Use the SHIFT key like most grown-ups. If it's that hard to do, just keep doing the same thing.

What Captain Slug said. Lanard Blast Bazooka, a coupler and a section of PVC pipe. Nothing to really take apart, although the fix looks a lot better if you do disassemble the shell as CS did.

If that proves even too difficult to try, the Titan is probably the easiest to modify to shoot darts. You have to cut, but how bad is ONE cut on the orange missile barrel? Wrap your barrel of choice (usually 1/2" SCH40 PVC, or brass / PETG nested in PVC) in an old foam mousepad, then shove down the now-wide-open Titan missile barrel. You could even pull the dart barrel out and fire the missile if you want.

Finally, you could pick up a Big Bad Bow, cut off the end of the barrel and clean out any air restrictions, and you have a dart-firing BBB with pretty decent ranges. It doesn't get much easier than that.

That's about it. If you're not going to modify at all, you're better off forgetting about "far range". Be happy with shooting about 15-25 feet.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#9 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

DO EXACTLY what Piney said. Go out and buy yourself a BBB. Buy about 6 in. of CPVC and file out the original barrel. Pop the CPVC in and you've got an amazing primary that hits about 80' consistently. (SP) When I first got into nerf I wanted a x-bow because they shot so far. Ever since I bought my BBB I haven't used another primary. Also to show you how good it is. I have been using it in local wars and 3+ people have bought one because of how good they are and how reliable they can be.

My two cents.

~McFlurry out

Edited by Pvt.McFlurry, 31 May 2007 - 01:59 PM.

QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#10 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:31 PM

and one obtained an angled shot of over 100 yards

That I have to see...

Go with a BBB. They're single shot, but can be clip modded. You'll have to cram some CPVC down the barrel for it to shoot darts though.
Nuckin' Futz

#11 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

I can't vouch for that 100 yard shot, but his SM1500 do seem to be better than the average for some reason.

I'd second CS's opinion. They are really easy to mod and yo can get top notch range and accuracy.

#12 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:07 PM

Yeah 'cause people can shoot 410 shells out of it and kill themselves. Like you. But anyway I go for Blast Bazooka It gets 60' unmodded and its only like 10 bucks (compared to crossbow $40, Titan $30, Longshot $30, etc.).

P.S. I have a longshot and it's ok for primary but I wouldn't reccomend (sp?).

-Foam :rolleyes:

Edited by Foam: Total War, 31 May 2007 - 05:07 PM.

Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#13 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Yeah 'cause people can shoot 410 shells out of it and kill themselves.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it here too. SHUT THE HELL UP. It was stupid he did that, but if you want to bitch at him, do it over PM.

Anyway, back on topic, for long range, I use my custom BBB as of now. It has a CPVC coupler on it and it's working really well. Getting 65-75 foot ranges flat, cosistantly, and with my shitty stefans.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#14 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Yeah 'cause people can shoot 410 shells out of it and kill themselves.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it here too. SHUT THE HELL UP. It was stupid he did that, but if you want to bitch at him, do it over PM.

Anyway, back on topic, for long range, I use my custom BBB as of now. It has a CPVC coupler on it and it's working really well. Getting 65-75 foot ranges flat, cosistantly, and with my shitty stefans.

Yeah sorry, I'll restrain myself on this one in the future. Also, I still stick with Blast Bazooka (even though I don't have it), it seems pretty easy to mod too.

-Foam B)
Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users