Photo

Petg Or 1/2" Couplered

5 replies to this topic

Poll: TG or 1/2" Couplered

PETG

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

I am "PPK" modding my Nitefinder and I need some help with what I should use for barrel:
PETG:
-Smaller
-Can break easier while in pocket
-Cannot adapt back to 1/2" (atleast I don't think so)
-Cleaner and nicer looking

1/2" PVC Couplered
-Can add PETG barrel (PETG nested in 1/2")
-Can add 1/2" addons such as double barrel, etc.
-Looks pretty ugly (you could paint it if you want)
-Requires more cutting to the Nitefinder
-Stronger than PETG

Please help...

EDIT: Crap... made the poll wrong.... answer by text please.

Edited by six-five-two, 30 May 2007 - 05:23 PM.

#2 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

I suggest you use the PVC.

Edited by n-strike, 30 May 2007 - 05:24 PM.

kthxbaisend

#3 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

I just edited it.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

Hmm a poll with only one option and I'm still not sure which one to choose.

I wouldn't bother adding a coupler to anything that doesn't warrant a barrel longer than 3 or 4 inches. With a Nitefinder your barrel length isn't going to be much longer than a stock dart. If you have a way to reinforce a PETG barrels added to the gun use that. PETG has the same outer diameter as the part that the peg is molded onto so all you have to do is scoop that out with a hobby knife and you have a nice new surface to add a bunch of glue to.

I may write a tutorial on that eventually.

Skip the coupler unless you intend to leave the option of switching between using megas and micros.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 30 May 2007 - 05:29 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

Yeah I edited the poll right after I found out it only had 1 option... really fast replies.

I am going to use PETG then reinforce it with e-tape or something so I can both make it stronger and make it able to nest inside 1/2" PVC so I can coupler it later on if I ever make a double-barrel mod.

Case closed!

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

yo don't do the coupler man, i tried it on my NF and i had to cut like crazy and in the end, it wasn't worth it...
Im sticking with my fugly crayola barrell because 1. it shoots nicely 2. it can be removed and 3. easier
ill upload a pic of mine with the coupler and crayola if you want me too.
but i say do the PETG, today i went to the hardwarre store to do it, they didn't have anything, no backer rod, petg, brass, NOTHING so im sticking with crayola.

i mean, its totally your choice but the coupler for me, it didn't shoot as far as crayola, maybe just 5ft+ to stock, and using removable barrals isn't as easy yto reload if all of out ammo in barrels.

P.s. whod know my first post would be like this and not hi im new lol
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users