Photo

Idea For The Longshot

8 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Is this feasible to do Forsaken Angel 24's longshot front gun intergration, with captain slugs forgrip mod, what I was thinking was to take off the ls front pistols pump cocker thing and put a metal rod through captain slugs forgrip, and put it in the place of the front pistols one, and attach the back to the longshots bolt, please tell me if this is a feasible idea, or if it has been done already.
Step 1: Throw TTG against wall.
Step 2: Drive to Toy Store.
Step 3: Buy a NF.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for asking this the 100th time, you've won the nonexistent door prize.

It was asked several times in both the front gun integration thread and my foregrip topics.
The answer is quite obviously this: You would have to make your own foregrip from scratch since you would be integrating the front gun in a location that's not going to precisely match where anyone else would. The complication in doing this is that the slide length of the main gun and the front gun are different so you have to add a delay track to the foregrip.

A few people were going to pay me to do this but they disappeared. I have not bothered to do it to my personal longshots because I hate the front gun and don't see the point of adding it to the main gun. Also keep in mind that priming the main gun by default would also prime the front gun so if you link the trigger mechanism to the trigger of the main gun both would always fire together from the main trigger. If you wanted to fire the front gun separately it would need a separate trigger.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 May 2007 - 03:44 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

Thanks CS.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#4 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

Is this feasible to do Forsaken Angel 24's longshot front gun intergration

Actually, I was the first to create this mod.
I understand you might have wrong assumption.
http://nerfhaven.com...topic=7232&st=0

#5 cappold

cappold

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

CS,

Did you already make any of the shotgun grips that work with the front gun mod? I might be interested in one if you had them laying around.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

Nope. No plans to either.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

Im sorry Dart Attack, i thought it was forsaken angel 24s.

#8 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:21 AM

Im sorry Dart Attack, i thought it was forsaken angel 24s.

Just because his was the best LS integration mod, doesn't mean he was the first.
kthxbaisend

#9 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:00 AM

I am fairly certain he posted the write-up before anybody else did (if anybody else even posted a write-up for that specific integration).

If you search in homemades for Carbon's SNAP-4, you'll see he has a very interesting solution (suggested by CS I think) where he links the cocking handle to a breach, but lessens the distance traveled by the breach while still moving the cocking handle its full length.

EDIT: Here it is... page 3.

http://nerfhaven.com...opic=6487&st=30

Edited by frost vectron, 29 May 2007 - 01:05 AM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users