Photo

Streamline Darts (longshot Darts)

21 replies to this topic

#1 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

Everybody who owns a Longshot knows how unaccurate the stack dart that came with the gun are. One way to solve this problem is covering up the hole. I covered up the hole with hotglue but it usually doesnt hold long. Does anyone have any helpful hints for me?

-Shorty
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:00 PM

Try filling the entire tip with hot glue. Thats what I did.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

quote]Everybody who owns a Longshot knows how unaccurate the stack dart that came with the gun are[/quote]
Unaccurate, haha.
Or just trim the dome off using scissors.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 May 2007 - 03:33 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

For that, I just put a bb in the tip, but it is hard to get it in through that little hole, i just held it open with scizzors, and put in the bb.
Step 1: Throw TTG against wall.
Step 2: Drive to Toy Store.
Step 3: Buy a NF.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#5 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

Unaccurate, haha.
Or just trim the dome off using scissors.

So Capt. Slug, you're saying that by trimming the dome off it will help reaccurate Streamline darts?
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

Yes, once the dome is removed they will be reaccuratized to nearly the accuration levels of homemade darts. For reals.

I'm joking, in case you couldn't tell

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 May 2007 - 05:33 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:03 PM

For "reals" come on, you lnow how to spell.

Blasphemy. I think you need to throw yourself against a wall, drive to store and buy yourself a brain.

#8 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

For "reals" come on, you lnow how to spell.

yes, he "lnow"s how to spell, just like you. :D

-Foam B) -
Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#9 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

Once you cut off the dome, do you need to fill the cross-shaped hole in the top of the dart with hot glue?

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#10 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

Once you cut off the dome, do you need to fill the cross-shaped hole in the top of the dart with hot glue?

Huh? Whatever it is, I think so.

EDIT: oh right iv'e never dissected a precious streamline, but I think it still stands that you should fill it with hot glue

-Foam :D

Edited by Foam: Total War, 28 May 2007 - 06:44 PM.

Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#11 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

All this disscussion still didn't answer my problem. I need a good pic of what it should look like so it can get the same accuaracy as tagdarts. I dont want to cut the dome out and leave a painful gluetip. I still want to have the original dome so I wont hurt anyone TOO much when I shoot at them. And if its not too much trouble; could you post a paint picture of how much glue I should put inside the dome of the dart. Or should it be a flim of glue covering the hole?
I love imports.

#12 nerfer909

nerfer909

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

I know how to spell.

#13 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

All this disscussion still didn't answer my problem. I need a good pic of what it should look like so it can get the same accuaracy as tagdarts. I dont want to cut the dome out and leave a painful gluetip. I still want to have the original dome so I wont hurt anyone TOO much when I shoot at them. And if its not too much trouble; could you post a paint picture of how much glue I should put inside the dome of the dart. Or should it be a flim of glue covering the hole?

Holy shit this disscussion got off topic. Someone help this kid out and show him how to improve the accuaracy of his streamline darts. I need to get back to work on my Longshot.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#14 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

Never mind. I found my own way by cutting a bigger hole in the dome so I can fully fill up the dome. Now I looks like a finger with the nail. :lol: But I still want to know how ya'll do it. pictures please.

Holy shit this disscussion got off topic. Someone help this kid out and show him how to improve the accuaracy of his streamline darts. I need to get back to work on my Longshot.

Umm Im 16. What are you...like 14 or somethin?

-Shorty

Never mind. I found my own way by cutting a bigger hole in the dome so I can fully fill up the dome. Now I looks like a finger with the nail. :D But I still want to know how ya'll do it. pictures please. Now they're hard (no homo) as a rock. The accuaracy is OK.

Umm Im 16. What are you...like 14 or somethin?

-Shorty

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Shorty, 28 May 2007 - 08:45 PM.

I love imports.

#15 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

The gluegun itself is hot enough to melt through the plastic that forms the tip. to fill up the dome entirely, push the gun through the side opposite to the hole and fill with glue until a little drop of glue comes out the tiny hole. then, stick your finger in your mouth to get it wet and rub the drop off. if you don't want to use your finger you can use and icecube, but honestly, it's easier to use your finger, and as long as you make sure it's not dry the glue doesn't hurt it.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

You seem to want to invest alot of time into modding a few streamline darts. Are stefan-making materials unavailable to you?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#17 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:35 AM

i haven't gotten around to getting any fbr, and i know i should eventually. But as far as making converted dart stefens, the bbs always crack the hotglue, so streamlines are pretty much my only option. I haven't tried washer darts yet, so i don't know how those will work. Most of my time is spent on the guns though, and the darts are mainly to test how the guns work. when i war, I'll make some darts.

#18 Ash

Ash

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

The BBs crack the hot glue? That's insanity.
Name's Ash, Housewares

#19 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

The BBs crack the hot glue? That's insanity.

Yeah, what the fuck are you talking about?

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#20 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:14 PM

i think I've got FBR in my local stores but I dont got any weights. Probably in DCNO, Someone will sell me some.
I love imports.

#21 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

I mean that all the guns i like to use are high powered (longshot, titan, converted supersoaker, BBB, and a blowgun, believe it or not) and the force of the darts hitting the concrete wall in my basement cracks the hotglue after about 20 shots, and the bbs fly out. Since i mainly use the darts for testing my guns, it makes sense for me to use converted streamlines because the quality is better than anything i can currently manufacture.

#22 Oro

Oro

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

About this whole streamline dart thing, if you cut the dome of you should replace it with hot glue then shorten the dart but that depends on your gun. I have an AT2K and a 1.5" dart with a dome made of hot glue works amazingly.
QUOTE(deaddumpster @ Jun 25 2008, 04:59 AM) View Post

Don't pry.......and gently pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users