Photo

Future Nerf War Crime

48 replies to this topic

#1 Legion

Legion

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

Hey, I'm new here. I have had this idea for a Nerf gun that will probably be banned from all Nerf wars after being used once. I'm having a little trouble with the plans, but I just wanted to put this out here to get some feedback on my idea and see if it would be a good one.

Imagine a huge Nerf cannon. I mean ridonkulously huge. It might have to be mounted on a wagon just to be moved around. It will be powered by two scuba tanks near the end of a four or five foot long PVC barrel. It will use foam balls as ammo. Think of it as an uber tennis ball launcher. One shot from this beast might even break dry wall.

I call it the B.A.N.R.A.C.

The Big A$$ Nerf Resistance Annihilation Cannon.

Well, there's the concept. Once I work out a few problems with my computer I'll try to upload a pic of my plans.

Any feedback on my project would be appreciated before I start building this doomsday machine.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

Hey, I'm new here. I have had this idea for a Nerf gun that will probably be banned from all Nerf wars after being used once. I'm having a little trouble with the plans, but I just wanted to put this out here to get some feedback on my idea and see if it would be a good one.

Imagine a huge Nerf cannon. I mean ridonkulously huge. It might have to be mounted on a wagon just to be moved around. It will be powered by two scuba tanks near the end of a four or five foot long PVC barrel. It will use foam balls as ammo. Think of it as an uber tennis ball launcher. One shot from this beast might even break dry wall.

I call it the B.A.N.R.A.C.

The Big A$$ Nerf Resistance Annihilation Cannon.

Well, there's the concept. Once I work out a few problems with my computer I'll try to upload a pic of my plans.

Any feedback on my project would be appreciated before I start building this doomsday machine.

There is a reason nerf guns fire foam darts, that's becouse we don't try to kill eachother. And a cannon fireing foamballs trought drywalls would probably hurt or kill someone.

Edit: Butt beat me to it.

Edited by anders, 28 May 2007 - 02:37 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#4 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

I would imagine that if you fired that point blank at someone you might have a lawsuit on your hands.
But all that power to shoot foam balls? What a waste! Especially if you miss your target!. Surely you can use scuba tanks for something more productive like..... scuba diving.

So if you want to make a nerf cannon start smaller. For example, you can get some fairly powerful confetti launchers for a good price. Convert it to fire micros, add wheels for effect and it might just work.

But what you're currently proposing is absurd.

Edited by theschief, 28 May 2007 - 02:44 PM.

nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Its not that bad of an idea, except for that fact that it will hurt like crap.
First: thing you need too do is ditch the scuba tanks and get a different air tank.
Second: Don't fire balls. Fire foam missiles. Stuff a bunch in the barrel and fire upward and watch as the enemy gets showered with darts.

There ya go, you got your self a safe cannon.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:00 PM

Or just Join Spudfiles if you want a cannon that can shoot through drywall.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#7 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

I don't think foam balls can even go through dry wall, they are pretty light... but then again dry wall isn't the strongest either.

What Butt said, your a dumb shit.

The price for scuba tanks is a lot of money aswell. There is also no need to do any designs because all what it is going to be scuba tanks connected to a pipe. By the way, if you release all the air in the scuba tanks at once, there would be a lot of excess air aswell.

Ryan201 and Sponge_Nerfer made nerf cannons. Search for it.

Edited by six-five-two, 28 May 2007 - 06:27 PM.

#8 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

plus, the exit hole in scuba tanks is so small that it won't fire so much as push the ball out and then hiss for 20 minutes. If you want a huge mounted cannon that you could use in a nerf war, make a revolver or paintball magazine type thing that shoots nerf balls. I imagine that could work out pretty well. Of course, there's no point in having a big gun, because little guns "kill" you just as "dead", and they're easier to carry around.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

That would be very retarded to make. And It wouldn't be feasable because, doesn't scuba tanks contain oxygen? and wouldn't you have to BREATH IN the oxygen? Correct me if I'm wrong guys. And, That would be hard to regulate the PSI down to a safe usable amount wouldn't it? Also, I could punch through dry wall(If my walls were made out of drywalls your talking about, then yeah. I've got about a 4 inch hole in my wall, But I'm not too sure if it's the dry wall your talking about.)
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

Yeah, some have indeed taken it pretty far...

Posted Image

No, I didn't make that one, though mine is pretty close. 3" PVC barrel, 5' long, 4" PVC air storage, Hunter 2" sprinkler valve, blow gun trigger, no mounting stand.

Cost of materials, retail: $110.00 and some change, thereabouts. Hunter valves cost some dough.

Do you REALLY want to spend that kind of money to make a point about something so pointless and stupid in a Nerf warring situation? We built ours as a point-of-concept model and for entertainment at family barbeques. No other reason. Once it began leaking, I took it apart (with a saw; everything is glued together, and I saved the valve for something else...smaller.)

And no, such cannons don't just break drywall. They break 3/4" plywood walls and blow holes in packing crates and car windows. Not that I've shot anything like that, we usually chucked our veggies into the ocean, 150-200 yards from shore. Yes, yards.

My advice? Build one if you like shooting potatoes and veggies into the woods or the ocean. For Nerf, don't even bother. Buy a Longshot and be happy. You'll save lots of money and grief. Besides, I wouldn't recommend spudding to anyone who is a child (or thinks like a child). This is seriously dangerous stuff.

Qui'lan had the best advice. If you're bent on doing this and nothing else, you're at the wrong forums. Go to Spudtech or to Spudfiles. And stay there.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:19 PM

That would be very retarded to make. And It wouldn't be feasable because, doesn't scuba tanks contain oxygen? and wouldn't you have to BREATH IN the oxygen? Correct me if I'm wrong guys. And, That would be hard to regulate the PSI down to a safe usable amount wouldn't it? Also, I could punch through dry wall(If my walls were made out of drywalls your talking about, then yeah. I've got about a 4 inch hole in my wall, But I'm not too sure if it's the dry wall your talking about.)

Anger management buddy.

Let me put together all the bad things about this in a single post

A - You'll lose hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars
B - It might not work
C - You could get killed
D - You could kill someone else
E - The entire thing could explode, which would mean all your work is for nothing

Convincing enough?
Nuckin' Futz

#12 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

Or theres:

F - It amazingly works but its to big to move fast so you get shot.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#13 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

And no, if you're using the scuba tanks to power a gun, they are not going to be filled with oxygen, they're going to be filled with normal air. And you're not going to have to breathe the air that's in the scuba tanks because you're not going to go nerfing WHILE scuba diving, you're going to go nerfing outside, where there's plenty of air outside the scuba tanks for you to breathe.

#14 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

Two people calling somebody else a "dumb shit" have both misused the word "your".

So:

You're
all dumb shits.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#15 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

Anger management buddy.

Let me put together all the bad things about this in a single post

A - You'll lose hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars
B - It might not work
C - You could get killed
D - You could kill someone else
E - The entire thing could explode, which would mean all your work is for nothing

Convincing enough?

I wasn't angry man. I was just posting my thoughts. Gezz...
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#16 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

And nerfboi, please, learn how to write so you don't end up sounding like a drooling caveman. nobody cares that you can punch through a wall in your room. Why would you do that anyway?

#17 privateer

privateer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

No.
"How are you gentlemen??
All your base are belong to us!!"

{Presbyterian College Nerf}

#18 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:05 AM

No.

what are you even talking about

#19 Recruit

Recruit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:31 AM

Ok one you want to do this gun to www.spudfiles.com click on the link to go to the spudwiki read all the topics in it relating your idea then read the info on pvc preasure rating and all that then read the whole "how to" forum section all 20 pages of it then try this.

Pineapple sorry to say but Joel shut down spudtech, and he is selling the entire site.
Falcon about himself.
... Ask Bags...he'll tell you without hesitation that I'm an idiot, but I certainly think about it before I do something stupid.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."

-Piney-

#20 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

Two people calling somebody else a "dumb shit" have both misused the word "your".

So:

You're
all dumb shits.

lol.

to summarize everybody's opinion: Put your brain back in your head, by a Co2 powered rf20 (or magstrike if there is one), and give up this ludicrious, useless cannon idea. and when did your train of thought skip past paintball tanks?

son, you may be well on your way to acquiring a Bachelors in Failure.

(scuba tanks, wtflol.)

sorry for the 1337speak, but it seemed necessary.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#21 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

sorry for the 1337speak, but it seemed necessary.

It's never necessary.
I hate you.

#22 privateer

privateer

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

No.

what are you even talking about

Apologies, gentlemen; I should have been more specific.

What I actually meant was "[No.] This is a lawsuit waiting to happen."
"How are you gentlemen??
All your base are belong to us!!"

{Presbyterian College Nerf}

#23 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

haha, i thought you were nerfboi on another account responding to me, or you were speaking for him.

themessiahpsg1- It's been extensively disgussed: CO2 is not a viable option for powering a nerf gun.

#24 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

I think this is less of a nerf gun, and more of a potato cannon; not something to point at anyone else.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#25 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

Ummmm yeah, you're an idiot. A cannon that can shoot nerf balls through drywall...Are you trying to kill someone!

Edited by Liam, 04 June 2007 - 03:19 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users