Mav Air Seal

sorry another mav topic, but I can't figure it out

6 replies to this topic

#1 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

I did CS's maverick clip mod, the one with the drop out clip, and it makes increadle relode time, but it kills the air seal, how can I get a better air seal, and I can't do the thing FS_24 did because I took the front of, and if I put a spring on the rod, I can't get the clip out, the only thing I could think of is to find a really thin washer, or drill out a dime and glue it over the nozle thing. Please help. :(

P.S. I did search plenty.

Ok, I apoxed it, I think that fixed it.

Edited by Cennipe, 30 May 2007 - 01:40 PM.

"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

This mod?
Posted Image
Glueing the cut frame piece like so is what keeps it locked against the plunger face.
Posted Image
Are you sure you put the plunger back in the right spot?
Posted Image
I didn't have to do anything else except what's in the guide.
The turret should not be able to move around at all once installed. The frame piece keeps it from wiggling up-down and the rod keeps it from wiggling left-right.

Doing this mod to mine actually improved the seal between the plunger and backside of the turret.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 May 2007 - 10:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

I think he meant he cut the front of his gun off altogether...
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:03 AM

Oh well then I have no advice. He may want to try combining the methods from the above pictured mod with whatever he's done. My end-clip modded maverick was unreliable.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

Yes, I did the mod that captainslug posted up above. Not his other front clip mod. Ya, I did put the plunger in the right spot, now I am thinking that I didn't glue the back plate on thight enough, I used hot glue, couldn't find any PVC cement, so that may have lifted the plated, letting the cylinder slide forward a little. After looking a little closer, I also forgot to glue the orange piece, it was just in there by the screw.

Thanks Slug.

Edited by Cennipe, 28 May 2007 - 08:33 AM.

"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

What I did to get a better air seal is add a small o-ring to the front of the pluger if you notice the front part moves around but with this it doesnt. But you need to do slug's mod before it works. thats my advice it actually works pretty well.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, hot glue is not the best choice for gluing that part in place. You need a contact cement like super glue rather than a filler type of glue.
Once the rotation mechanism is reinforced you have many new options for improving the plunger seal since it can now overcome more friction.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 May 2007 - 12:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users