Nite-2k

NF + spare parts = Integration

16 replies to this topic

#1 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

Don't know about you guys, but I love nitefinders. I've pretty much got them down to a "t." I have a ton of spare parts and no spending money, so I decided to throw something together. It's not pretty, but here it is:

Posted Image

The 2k is the second barrel down obviously. The pump is located under that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The clip:

Posted Image

And the front of the gun without barrels (at2k guts can be seen):

Posted Image

Like I said, it's a bit crude, but it works wonders. Right now I have the trigger set up to shoot both barrels at once. I may in the future go to a trigger like the doubleshot. Pull a little and fire the spring plunger; pull all the way and shoot the air powered 2k internals.

I don't really think this is write-up worthy, so if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post. It's a basic NF mod (industrial spring, less plunger friction, and an added coupler) with a 2k and coupler added. I'll make more clips for the war in July...
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

Sweet. Whats the ranges?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

Very nice.

Kind-of what I did, only I used an AT3K, and it looks pretty damn ugly (mine). It functions though, so that's a plus. I really need to start working on making my easier to function, and make them look better...

Back on topic, I would also to know some ranges. And how exactly does the clip work? is it just one solid piece of CPVC going through the two 3-way coupler?

Good to see you are doing some more mods now. Your LS mod really got me started on modding.

Props!

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 27 May 2007 - 08:34 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#4 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Cool, glad to hear it. Thanks, also. I've just been taking pot-shots as of now and haven't done any real measuring. The 2k internals seem to go about as far as that first longshot, about 100 feet. The nitefinder is very close behind. An average of the two is probably about 90-95 feet. Not bad for a shotgun...

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

Cool, glad to hear it. Thanks, also. I've just been taking pot-shots as of now and haven't done any real measuring. The 2k internals seem to go about as far as that first longshot, about 100 feet. The nitefinder is very close behind. An average of the two is probably about 90-95 feet. Not bad for a shotgun...

VERY cool.

More questions,

Does the AT2K fire with alot of velocity? My LS also goes about 100', but it seems less accurate and not as fast as airguns.

Did you replace the spring in the NF? It looks like one of the "Dart Tag" versions, so probably doesn't have a hefty spring in it (I've never opened one up, so correct me if I'm wrong).

Again, great job. You did what I envisioned when I did my Nasa-3k (except it turned out a little different... and fuglier). I still can't get over how cleanly awsome that looks.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 27 May 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#6 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

I still can't get over how cleanly awsome that looks.

It's actually not as clean as some of the other stuff he's done.
But still cool, nonetheless.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#7 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, the at2k internals pack quite a punch. It dents a cardboard shipping box by a considerable amount. It takes about 2 pumps to be fully primed.

Yes, I used one of my industrial NF springs. The ones I used in my 100' nitefinder. Also, do you have a link to your gun? I don't believe I've seen it and would like to. Thanks!

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Very nice, it's very clean compared to some mods on here. Excellent firepower too. Are you ever gonna make separate barrels for faster reloading of just the NF?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#9 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

Gosh, didn't realize things very similar to this had already been made. They weren't in the directory and I must have missed the past threads. Anyway...

Thanks Prometheus. Yeah, separate barrels for the NF wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually, if you look at the clip I made, you can use the at2k barrel as an aiming scope if you flip it up above the NF one.

Edited by Carrtoon, 28 May 2007 - 09:01 AM.

#10 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

That thing is freakin' SWEET! It looks pretty cleanly made compared to someothers on this website. I think you should give it a cool paintjob though. Again, nicely done.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#11 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, the at2k internals pack quite a punch. It dents a cardboard shipping box by a considerable amount. It takes about 2 pumps to be fully primed.

Yes, I used one of my industrial NF springs. The ones I used in my 100' nitefinder. Also, do you have a link to your gun? I don't believe I've seen it and would like to. Thanks!

That's cool. I just bought my first 3 at2k's, and I'm surprised (by your picture) how big their pumping chamber is. But that's a good thing.

Here is the Nasa-3k.

I think I'm going to make a clip for mine, even if it is a bit big... But I'm thinking about using an 8" CPVC barrel in the NF, for shotgunning.

Thanks!

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 28 May 2007 - 08:21 AM.

#12 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

This is random, but are there really more than 3 versions of the nite finder? I've seen one that looks really odd, its all light blue, and the stock barrel is orange and clear. I know that it's not the 2nd generation one. And now I see this DartTag one. I'm confused....

#13 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

This is random, but are there really more than 3 versions of the nite finder? I've seen one that looks really odd, its all light blue, and the stock barrel is orange and clear. I know that it's not the 2nd generation one. And now I see this DartTag one. I'm confused....

Yeah, that confused me too. There are all the different colors of nite-finders, yellow, green, and the blue. Then there are the dart tag ones called fire-strikes, which come in red and light blue.

Then there's the legendary black one that shoots 100 rounds a minute at 284Q7 FPS. :lol:

Edited by lionhead333, 29 May 2007 - 03:02 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#14 Recruit

Recruit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

Nice intergartion. Is it me or is the pump tube a really light blue.

lionhead333 :lol: yeah right
Falcon about himself.
... Ask Bags...he'll tell you without hesitation that I'm an idiot, but I certainly think about it before I do something stupid.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."

-Piney-

#15 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:57 PM

No, I just looked up "fire-strike" in google, and they're called Strike-Fires. Those are the ten shot guns. It had a bonus Nitefinder in the two Pack.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Why does it look like theres no plungertube in the first picture of the gun?

Edited by DarkInfection, 29 May 2007 - 04:00 PM.

#16 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

Whoa, Carrtoon's back? Sweet. Nice gun.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#17 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Wrath. Yeah, there are a bunch of NFs, but it doesn't really make a difference which one you get. The only exception to this is if you plan to use the stock spring.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Why does it look like theres no plungertube in the first picture of the gun?

That's because I painted another gun NF and replaced the one in this one with it. It's a speckled combination of red, black, white, and purple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users