Gun Accessories

misc. guns mods

20 replies to this topic

#1 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

I've seen a lot of people adding things to blasters. Sights, handrails, shotgun foregrips, etc. The list goes on for a while.
Here are some of the things I use fairly effectively.
Umbrella stock
Basically, this is an extendable stock made from an old umbrella I had laying around. orginally used it on my AT2K, but can be adapted to any gun. Here it is on my DTG:
Posted Image
Materials: retractable umbrella, scissors, wire cutters, some sort of adhesive to mount it on your gun.
All you have to do is strip the umbrella down to the handle and shaft assembly. Then mount the end on your favorite gun and pull it out when you want to. This isn't really too useful, but can help you steady your aim if it is really bad.
Here is an FPS view of it partially extended (shown with DTG front handle mod):
Posted Image

Elastic stripper clips
Posted Image
Everyone knows the advantage of a good stripper clip/belt clip. This just takes it one step further. It allows the barrels to move freely while they are mounted. This helps prevent breakage, looks a little better than duct tape (but who cares about looks?), and makes storage a tad easier.
I mainly made this, though, for guns without couplers, like the LSB and BBB, in which I use the stock barrel as abetter form of "coupler". They're also very good when you don't have a lot of space to move around, or when there is a lot of places where a large clip can be caught on things (i.e: small indoor spaces, forests, etc.)
There are only 2 problems. 1: It is hard to add more loops to it once you've made it. And 2: Longer chains' barrels clank around when you are running, but it's not too loud.

DTG front handle mod
Materials: DTG, LS bolt (both handles), copious amounts of hot glue, 3/16" drill bit and drill/drill press.
First, cut the DTG's front handle off of the gun. Then, take the handle off of the LS bolt rod. Remove the 2 screws from the handle and discard the conical , but keep the flat peice that holds the bolt in place. Hot glue this flat peice into the top of the front handle It should look like this:
Posted Image
And here are both sides together:
Posted Image
Drill a hole through both sides the DTG's cocking slider. Insert the new bolt rod (either way: this is an ambidextrous accessory) throught the holes.
Here is an FPS view of the handle:
Posted Image

Holster with carabiners
I know I am not the first person to come up with a holster, but here is a simple way to keep it attacked ot your pants: D-Ring carabiners. Just loop attach them to the belt loops on your pants. I also recommend a shoulder strap in addition to these rings, as it adds a lot of stability. I don't recommend the ones with a screw-type closing. Just use the regular clip-style ones.
Here is my holster with 2 d-rings (Note the shoulder strap is just not all the way in the pic):
Posted Image
Don't loop the d-rings to the same belt loop. Use 2 adjacent ones.

Using a stock barrel as a coupler for a CPVC barrel
Materials: CPVC, electrical tape, 11/16" spade bit, drill
This probably isn't new, but I prefer this to using a coupler. Couplers just aren't as accurate and are too easy to knock out of whack. I find that boring out the stock barrel with a 11/16" spade bit works quite well for CPVC. WIth some stock barrels, you will have to wrap a loop or two of e-tape around the CPVC to het them to stay in there. This works well with the LSB and BBB. I don't really think a pic is necessary.

Carrying strap
Basically, affix a length of fabric (the tougher the better) to the front and back of your gun. This isn't too practical, but helps you carry and use a primary and sidearm/2 primaries fairly well.

Ammo Holders
These definitely aren't mine, but I do use them a lot.
Materials: any scraps of a barrel material that tightly fits your darts, some form of adhesive, file/sandpaper
You will want to file/sand down the inside edges a bit so that only the middle part of the holders is actually very tight on your darts. This helps keep their size as well as makes them easier to remove when you need them. Just put them anywhere you think they are accesible. Here are a few (of many I have yet to add) on my BBB:
Posted Image

I have more, but I can't think of any now.
EDIt: forgot about ammo holders.

Edited by commander erik, 27 May 2007 - 05:54 PM.

USA

#2 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

Wow, Why didnt I think of that umbrella stock....Nice job.
Newb: Paintball is better than nerf, I mean common there weaker than hell.
Nerfer: Really want to take a shot to the balls with a titan?

Come check out my forum: http://zxnerf.yourfreebb.com

#3 PvtMcFlurry

PvtMcFlurry

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

Wow, Why didnt I think of that umbrella stock....Nice job.

Because you are dumb as rocks and shoot shotgun shells out of your titan at rocks.
QUOTE(Cannonball @ Oct 26 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

Crossbow Mod.

#4 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

Heres a word for ya Flurry: SHUT THE HELL UP!

#5 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

Flurry does make a good point.

That's really cool. What is the elastic stripper clip? I still don't understand.

#6 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

Guys, leave longshot555 alone. Yes, it was stupid he shot a shotgun shell out of a titan, but that has nothing to do with gun accesories, so give him a break. If you want to yell at him, please do it over PM.

Anyway, I like the holser that's a sling. I'll have to try that sometime.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#7 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Guys, leave longshot555 alone. Yes, it was stupid he shot a shotgun shell out of a titan, but that has nothing to do with gun accesories, so give him a break. If you want to yell at him, please do it over PM.

Thanks shadow. I owe you one.

#8 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:27 PM

Flurry does make a good point.

That's really cool. What is the elastic stripper clip? I still don't understand.

I meant speed loader, but I guess I just worded it wrong. It saves time because you only have to move the next, pre-loaded barrel into your gun, rather than take the barrel off and reload it. It doesn't save too much time, but when you have tight darts that you have to twist into CVPC (as I have to do), it does save a little bit.

<offtopic>

Just don't call him a retard: he doesn't think its a word. I did, and he sent me this PM:

Well, so You called me a "retard" eh? Retard is not a word, retarded is. Might wanna look in a dictionary once in a while.

So I did.

</offtopic>
USA

#9 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:32 PM

I didnt send that pm!!!!

#10 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

Longshot555, how old are you? Eleven?

#11 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

15. But, I still have my childish moments.

#12 SirBlastalot

SirBlastalot

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:In the tree behind you. No, the other one. What do you mean there's no tree behind you?

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

He obviously realizes that what he did was unwise. Give Longshot a break, will ya? And can we bring this thread back on topic?

Thoose are some rather good ideas. I did have the idea to make a "combat harness" for myself, something like a vest made of straps, with loops for ammo and a built-in holster. I'm still not sure it would be worth it.
Longshot: $30
Bandolier: $25
10 CS 12-round clips: $240
Immense ass-kicking firepower: Priceless
-Prometheus

#13 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

Cool accessories. I have made myself some gun holster's too. Yo people this is getting off topic with the bashing.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#14 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Again, guys, shut up and talk about Gun Accesories, not Longshot555.

Anyway, I recently made some clip holders for my magstrike. I might post pics tommorow.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#15 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

He obviously realizes that what he did was unwise. Give Longshot a break, will ya? And can we bring this thread back on topic?

Thoose are some rather good ideas. I did have the idea to make a "combat harness" for myself, something like a vest made of straps, with loops for ammo and a built-in holster. I'm still not sure it would be worth it.

It's a good idea and all until you build it. This sounds like it will be quite bulky, but if you can keep it slim, and light, it could be very useful.
You might be better off making a holster out of a pretty wide material (2-ish inches wide) and then putting ammo holders on that. That would look a lot like Chewbacca's bandolier:
Posted Image
I actually have a vest that I got from the army/navy surplus store. It's filled with pockets and pouches, but I think you would be better off with just a holster and a pair of cargo pants. Put a couple tagger bags on the belt loops and away you go.
Here is my vest. What's awesome is the fact that there is a large (11x13) pocket in the back that I can hold my BBB/LSB in while I run around and use other guns. I one of the front pockets for my sidearm, and most of the other pocktes for ammo. I don't like using the chest-height pockets, though, as they are kinda hard to get to with guns in your hands.

It's a great experience to just poke around any military surplus store. A lot of things (mag bags etc.) that were made for the military can be used to some extent in nerf.

Speaking of chewie's bandolier, do you think that could be used for MS/LS clips? Talk about ammo storage...
USA

#16 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:02 AM

A bandolier modded for CS's 12-round clips would be sweet. Imagine the amount of extra ammo sitting at your finger tips, ready to go. Then imagine the cost of all those clips.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#17 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:09 AM

Personally, I use holsters for the pistols, and put straps on my larger guns (i.e. longshot, titan, etc.). Whenever I nerf, I wear cargo pants and a vest with lots of big pockets. I also carry a camera bag which I use as an ammo box. I don't necessarily use all of this stuff at the same time, because it can get quite clunky, but I try to have as much as I can on me for the long battles.

Edited by Spectre666, 28 May 2007 - 01:09 AM.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#18 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:42 AM

Here are my magstrike magazine holders.

This one holds 1 magazine.
Posted Image

This one holds two magazines.
Posted Image

They both have belt loops so they fit onto the same belt I keep my ammo holder and holsters on. Yes, it's almost a utility belt and I know it's geeky.

Edited by shadowkid33, 28 May 2007 - 08:43 AM.

Here are the steps.
2. Click

#19 SirBlastalot

SirBlastalot

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:In the tree behind you. No, the other one. What do you mean there's no tree behind you?

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

I'm so making that my signature.
-Prometheus

#20 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:32 PM

Here are my magstrike magazine holders.

This one holds 1 magazine.
*pic*

This one holds two magazines.
*pic*

They both have belt loops so they fit onto the same belt I keep my ammo holder and holsters on. Yes, it's almost a utility belt and I know it's geeky.

That gives me an idea. Rather than put that on your belt, why not just put a loop of fabric on the side of the magstrike itself? That way, you could shoot 1 clip, put the new one in and put the old one back in the loop.
With that, reloading clips becomes easier, too. If you put a clip with the barrels facing you, you could reload them at your leisure, and then shoot anybody that you need to.
I suppose it would work. I'll try to put a pic up if I do that later. I just need to find some fabric and some glue..
USA

#21 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:19 PM

I really like that umbrella stock. nice job
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users