Darts Falling Out?

of the barrel

11 replies to this topic

#1 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

I seems to me that in every gun, the little pin thing is the only thing that keeps the dart in place before you fire it (as you're running around and stuff), so I don't take it out. But now that I've gotten around to taking the AR out of the longshot's front gun and finding it impossible to do while keeping the pin intact, I've run into the delema of taking it out or not. How do you keep the dart in the gun without the pin?

note that I can not do brass/pvc barrels due to lack of spare cash and time. though I might be able to do a crayola barrel. Also not that I'm planning on useing either CDTS or stock streamline darts

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Well, I havn't delved very far into the workings of the LS frontgun because of its suckyness but I do think the peg and AR are the same piece of plastic.

You should be able to buy PVC it's dirt cheap.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

You should be able to buy PVC it's dirt cheap.

I can vouch for that, I get it at 24 cents-a-foot including tax.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#4 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

Get CPVC for micro darts, PVC doesn't fit micros. CPVC can be had for 50 cents a foot at ACE hardware.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#5 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

but wouldn't the darts either fall out or not be able to shoot? there's nothing holding it in place

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

If you're darts are falling out, then you have a shitty seal. Get a small ID barrel, or different foam. In the cas of the LS, the barrel is already too big, so you need to replace the barrel for a better fit.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#7 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

but wouldn't the darts either fall out or not be able to shoot? there's nothing holding it in place

CPVC is tight on micros (stefan or not). It is tight enough for them to fit in there, but nerf gun with more power than an AT1K will be able to shoot darts out of it.

You are completely wrong about the pin holding darts in. Look at a Maverick's barrels. The back end of them is a tad bit smaller than the front part. This constriction holds darts in, and also is the reason why leaving darts in their maverick often leads to the backs being squished.

If you need another example: look at a peice of PVC and a PVC coupler. Friction/constriction holds them together.
USA

#8 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I seems to me that in every gun, the little pin thing is the only thing that keeps the dart in place before you fire it (as you're running around and stuff), so I don't take it out. But now that I've gotten around to taking the AR out of the longshot's front gun and finding it impossible to do while keeping the pin intact, I've run into the delema of taking it out or not. How do you keep the dart in the gun without the pin?

note that I can not do brass/pvc barrels due to lack of spare cash and time. though I might be able to do a crayola barrel. Also not that I'm planning on useing either CDTS or stock streamline darts

Since no one else seems to be able to read...

I have done over 20 AR removal of this gun, and have never had an issue with the dart falling out. I just took a dart, and one of the LS fronts that I had around, and loaded the dart, and then violently swung it in a circle/crazy pattern, and it stayed in. (no AR)

So the answer is, sure, take the peg out. It won't hurt.

1/2 Stephans seem to be a better dart for it anyway, considering the center of mass of the dart is barely inside of the barrel.
~AJAQ~

#9 ninjabeast22

ninjabeast22

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Yeah this seriously shouldn't be a problem. Even in stock barrels, I've never had a dart just fall out. You'd have to have such a shitty seal.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:12 AM

I've had plenty of Dart Tag darts and streamlines drop out of my magstrike clips that have the pegs removed. But I don't use stock darts very often for that exact reason: they're not consistently sized.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

I've just been thinking back to my days with a hornet, where If I'm lucky, there would be at least a dart there to fire, even if it's the last barrel that gets no air at all

#12 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

People worry too much about the exact diameter the barrel needs to be to work out. I think that people forget that the projectiles are made out of foam, and as such have a pretty good ablilty to conform to the barrel. With that said, i use 1/2 inch PVC from Lowes for all my barrels, and for my darts i use hotglue filled streamlines. The easiest way to pick barrel material is to take a few darts with you and jam them in various pipes at the hardware store until you find one that fits. No science, no tools, no measuring, just guess and check. If you're loading the darts into the back of the barrel (for a coupler mod breech loader type arrangement) and they don't fit, try rolling them between your palms to compress them a bit first.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users