Photo

Crossfire Trouble

8 replies to this topic

#1 theNOTnerfmaster

theNOTnerfmaster

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:35 PM

Ok so I have a crossfire that is lightly modded but nothing internal, and want to raise its range. However I have been encountering some problems, and also I have only 1/2" pvc, a crayola, and this weird 1/2" metal conduit pipe that is sort of like a gray version of brass.

So the conduit stuff fits very snugly so I just replaced the original barrel with this and have some stefans that fit very nicely with this. But when I try to fire the dart goes absolutely nowhere. The PVC does not fit the plunger due to the thickness of the pipe but the inner diameter is pretty good.

I have extensively searched for a mod to do with these materials and found a crayola mod but it is not clear and involves wrecking the plunger so I don't really want to do that. Any suggestions/ help would be greatly appreciated. :D
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot 20 times in the head with a magstrike.

#2 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

I have an idea, but I dont know exactly how you have modded it already. Normaly i would say add another o ring, Drill out the Air Restrictors and add a slightly bigger spring. But in your case I need to know how you have modded it and what the materials exactly are. Then I can give some advice. I think the most likely problem is that the dart dosent hit the three pronged pieces in the back of the barrel that open up to let the air flow. This Gets rid of so much air its just a small puff that goes nowhere.

Edited by nerfnerd88, 29 May 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#3 theNOTnerfmaster

theNOTnerfmaster

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

I cut off the ammo holder. Like I said, nothing internal. Mainly I would just like to know how to get rid of the barrel post and air restrictor.
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot 20 times in the head with a magstrike.

#4 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

With the crossfire, it's a pain in the buttocks.

My best advice is to open it up, saw off the back of the barrel with just the o-ring on it, and glue a new barrel to that.

Like this.
Posted Image

Me + Dremel + Power drill + needlenose pliers + long screwdriver were UNABLE to remove the air restrictor completely.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#5 theNOTnerfmaster

theNOTnerfmaster

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:34 PM

Yea I was worried about that part. So how exactly do you remove the barrel post if you don't want to replace the barrel? Also, where is the air restrictor and how would you recommend getting it out. I'm just aiming for a sidearm with some power that can get 45-50' range.

#6 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

I tried what Gengar003 suggested, and failed miserably, and broke the gun. I ended up just buying brass and putting it into the old barrel. I fits really well and I only had to cut off the orange piece at the end of the barrel.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#7 theNOTnerfmaster

theNOTnerfmaster

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

ok thanks thats what I thought but I don't have any brass. Anyone know where to get it/ if K&S online is any good?

#8 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

Where to buy Modding Materials says here sells brass.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#9 hoshiadam

hoshiadam

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:13 PM

ok thanks thats what I thought but I don't have any brass. Anyone know where to get it/ if K&S online is any good?

McMaster Carr. Search for Brass, then click on tubing, then round. The part numbers you are looking for start with 8859.

Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users