Photo

Nerf Sneakshot Modification.

17 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:53 PM

Well I had a couple of Sneakshots laying around so I thought I would take a crack at them and see what I could do.

Open up your sneak shot, here are the internals minus the mirror thing.
Posted Image
Remove everything except for the plunger tube, the trigger, trigger spring, catch and catch spring.
You can now throw all that stuff in the garbage or hold onto it for some random reason you may need those piece
in a future modification.

Lets start out easy. The plunger system.
Now take out your plunger tube and cut off that little ring on the end where the air flows out. Wrap the remaining nub with E-tape until it fits snug inside your barrel of choice. I chose 4" of OMC's petg. After the barrel is on straight and snug give it a light coat of plumbers goop to ensure their will be no leaks.
Posted Image

Now you will need to shave down some peices of plastic to make way for your new barrel. I used a dremel for this part.Posted Image

I replaced the existing spring with an industrial spring. Industrial spring is on the left.
Posted Image

Then do your basic srpinger modifications.
-E-tape around the plunger head.
-Relubed the plunger head/tube with O-ring lubricant.
-Replace catch spring with a stronger spring to prevent misfiring. (Only needed if spring is replaced.)

Now I had a few parts in bins I wanted to get rid of.
This next bit gets a bit complicated.
You will need:
AT3K: Pressure chamber.
SM3K pump and pump tube + vinyl tubing that comes with the Sm3K's pump tube.

Alright first you need to shave down a bunch of things to make everything fit properly.
Posted Image

Now this next part is tricky. Take your Sneakshot priming bar and take your SM3K pump.
Cut off the head of the pump and hollow out the inside. Make sure that the hole of the SM3Ks pump has been plugged with hot glue. Now cut and shave down the end of your Sneakshot priming bar so that it fits snug in the head of the SM3K's plunger tube. Glue it in there good and sturdy.
Posted Image

Sand down all the little nubs along the yellow priming bar.
Now cut down your SM3K pump tube so that it fits in the rear of the gun.
Align the pump tube and the Sneakshot priming bar and give it a shot. If it works and you can hear the valve honking you know it will work. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the stock, This allowed the tubing from the end of the SM3K pump to become external. Close the gun and see if the shells can close. If they cannot you must have missed sanded something down. Now if the shells do close, hot glue your pump tube into place.
(Also make sure that the trigger and spring gun still work after you close the gun and have the pump tube in place. I had to re-arrange it a few times.)

So now your secondary firing mod is %50 complete. You should have a gun that can pump using the old priming handle but the air doesn’t go anywhere. Take your AT3K Pressure chamber and chop it down to the same size shown in the video. (The video is at the end of the write up.)

Drill a hole in your gun for the tubing to go into.
Posted Image

Now set up your pressure chamber with a 6" petg barrel.
You will need to drill a hole in the front of the shell to make way for a second barrel poking out.
Now you will need to sand down a bit in front of where the trigger is to make way for a second trigger.
Take 2 pairs of pliers and bend the firing pin into a "U" shape. Glue the Pressure chamber in place when you know it is going to be straight.

Now take some flexible picture framing wire and tie a couple knots on the firing pin and a couple other knots in a key ring that will be protruding from the shell of the gun.

Once finished doing those the internals should look like this.
Posted Image

I then gave it a paintjob. The paint is a sparkel brown that has a weird grit feeling to it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

As an added bonus I took some extra pieces of petg and made ammo holders out of the existing ones.
Each ammo holder holds stefans facing away from each other. This allows the wielder to hold 4 extra darts.
Posted Image

Range: Sneakshot: 69 feet
Integrated SMAT3K: 89 feet.

Here is the video.
Sneakshot Modification video.<----- Click here.

What do you guys think?

Questions, comments?
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:58 PM

Name suggestion: The Brown Note
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:59 PM

Nice. Do you have the springs mixed up, the "Industrial spring on the left" looks smaller and tinner than the one on the right, which at this point in time is assumed to be the stock one.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:03 AM

Man I have been making this write up and making the video for the past 3 hours now.
Ok, I fucked some things up.
Yes the industrial spring is on the right as I meant.
I also forgot to mention that all you have to do to get the vinyl tubing from the SM3K pump to the pressure chamber of the AT3K is simply squeeze and push the tubing in.

Captain Slug: Why the Brown note?

Oh and on a side note, I wanted my Super big project to be my 1000th post but I guess this sneakshot mod will have to do.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 May 2007 - 03:10 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#5 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:05 AM

Nice, looks very clean. But is there a way of making it fire without the key chain? Also, though it is a bit off topic, why is it called the "Secret" strike when its so dang big?
Check out NerfNation

#6 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

Well atleast on your 1000 post you showed that a sneakshot doesnt have to be a peice of crap. 69ft is a descent respectable range.

P.S. This is my new screen saver.

Edited by The_Crackerjack_Man, 25 May 2007 - 01:17 AM.

"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:16 AM

Brown! I'm the color brown(Not hispanic but filipino). Back on topic, Thats a really good mod/ interigation and, as always, clean.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:16 AM

Wikipedia link

why is it called the "Secret" strike when its so dang big?

Because it could shoot around corners. But not very well.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 25 May 2007 - 12:17 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

I think it was a Mythbusters reference. They tested a myth that there was a myth so low it could make people crap in their pants.

Nice job on integrating the priming handle and the pump. Very slick.

EDIT: Captain Slug beat me to it.

EDIT 2: They actually featured a gun on future weapons that could shoot around corners like the Sneakshot. It was called the Cornershot and was basically a pistol in a rifle body with the pistol being able to move laterally.

Edited by Shadow 92, 25 May 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#10 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

I like this mod, especially the integrated smat3k. If I had my way, each of my guns would have an integrated at2k or something similar in it. Good job.

#11 squidzor

squidzor

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

eccelent (sp) mod! :huh: It appears to have the same basic internals as an eagle eye though... is that just me?
<><><><><><><>

always enter a strange hotel room with caution, especially if there is a samurai warrior in it.

#12 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

Yet another awseome mod that I must try to attempt myself.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

Very cool mod. The only thing that I don't like is the priming system of the actual sneakshot but that's personal preference. Another mod in the books!
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#14 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:20 AM

It's settled then, I officially declare this brown shiny weapon "The Brown Note".
Because it is currently the only Sneakshot that will make someone crap their pants.
Good thinking CS.

Another mod in the books!

That is exactly the only reason I modded this thing.

The only thing I was slightly upset about was the SMAT3K's barrel is slightly angeld downward so you have to aim the gun up a little bit to get a level shot. If the SMAT3K's barrel was shotgun loaded however it wouldn't matter much.

This puppy is up for sale. Send me offers through pm's.
I may end up putting this on Ebay.
Anyone interested?

I am going to start selling guns that I modify that do not surpass the range,accuracy and ROF of my other previous primaries, sidearms. I will keep modding other nerf guns to see their potential and to add more write ups to the directory.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 May 2007 - 03:21 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#15 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

You think like me. I just like to toy with them a little more than nerfing with em'
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#16 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

Awsome mod, Forsaken_Angel.

I also love the PaintJob on it.

But is there a way of making it fire without the key chain?

I agree that I would like to cock it with something other than a keyring. My suggestion (to you, or the person who buys this), if it suits you, is to take the plunger rod of an NF and glue it onto the end of the SneakShot's plunger rod. To me that would look a bit cleaner (although it currently looks very sexy).

It would require six bucks (or less, if you have a trashed NF lying around), and some dremeling. I'm not sure if the NF's plunger rod would be long enough to come out of the shell, but judging from the size of the at3k valve, it looks like it should.

PM'd you by the way.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 27 May 2007 - 05:40 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#17 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

Angel, the funny thing is...

My friend just brought over his Sneakshot to my garage a day before you posted this up. I opened it up and thought about what I could do with it for a good while, but I had to cut my nerfing time short because I was heading off to L.A. (for the Star Wars Celebration IV convention).

I put the sneakshot down, left for LA. I come back and I see this! Hahah, what a great coincidence! I'll definitely be thinking about this in my mind while I mod my friend's Sneakshot.

The funny thing is how small this gun is. I looked at photos on Nerfcenter and I figured this thing was rifle-sized, but when he brought it over--it was tiny!

It's a great, clean mod. I enjoy the paintjob as well. Knowing the primary fire gets 60ish feet is good to hear! I'll be posting a writeup soon once I figure out what I want to do with this thing. It reminds me of your Eagle Eye mod (and I noticed that they are essentially the same gun on the inside).

Edited by frost vectron, 28 May 2007 - 10:36 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#18 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

It reminds me of your Eagle Eye mod (and I noticed that they are essentially the same gun on the inside).

That is exactly why I was semi bored when making this gun. It is essentially the same as the Eagle eye. Just a bit more powerful.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 28 May 2007 - 11:30 PM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users