Halfbreed Stefans

Mod your useless micros

14 replies to this topic

#1 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

So, I just finished modding a BBB by PointBlank's method, but I didn't have any FBR. I had some micros from a broken maverick that I couldn't use effectively (They only got about 20 feet in my best NF) but I decided to try and make Stefans with the tube of the micro as the backbone. (Sorry, no pics. I don't have a digital camera.)

Step 1: I took a bunch of micros and folded up the flange of the rubbery suction tip, the part the overlaps the foam tube. Then I pulled the suction head off. It was only glued on in the center, so the foam wasn't damaged.

Step 2: I put a drop of hot glue on the top, put in 2 BBs, the put on a little more hot glue to seal off the BBs.

Step 3: I let the dart stand with the BB side down on a piece of aluminum foil. This is so gravity will pull the BBs to the very end of the tube.

Step 4: Once the darts dried, I cut around the aluminum foil stuck to the dart. I tried to pull the foil off on one dart, but it wouldn't come, so I left it.

Step 5: I wrapped a layer of electrical tape around the tube on the side where the foil is. You may need to put on more layers to get a good seal.

Now I realize these are slightly less effective and more expensive than FBR Stefans, but it makes sense if you have extra micros that you can't use because you modded a gun. This technique may work with other types of darts than micros, but I only had micros so that's all I tried.

These worked remarkably well for crappy micros in my BBB, but if you try this in other guns, feedback would be appreciated.

P.S. I didn't know if this should go in Mods or Homemades, but I think it's mods because you start with a micro.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#2 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

Sorry to rain on your parade but...
Ive been doing this with any micros I find around my house for a while now.
They are called "converted tagger darts" other people have mentioned them before.
This is nothing new.
Do a search you might find them.

Edited by Skitzo, 19 May 2007 - 02:53 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#3 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Mmm, okay. I didn't know what they were called.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

#4 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

They are a bit different. I haven't heard of anyone wrapping tape around their CDTSs. Or having foil around the tips.

Instead of standing the darts head down of foil, put them on a table without a cover. When the glue dries you'll be able pull the dart of without anything getting stuck to it. Although the glue might be flat at the tip, it should not affect the darts significantly. Just don't pull from the foam, pull the tip up. If you pull the foam, you might rip the dart.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#5 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

The only reason I have tape on there is because my BBB has a 9/16in recessed brass barrel, and micros are a tad small to seal right.

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

Put them on coins instead of foil. The cold metal will rapidly cool the glue and the coins will come right off.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#7 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Thanks, I'll try that.

#8 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

If your trying to get a good dome on your darts use a shot glass with a parabulem at the bottom ( a parabulem is bell shaped), with ice cold water. This makes almost perfect darts.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#9 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:58 AM

I don't have any shot glasses, considering I'm in HIGH SCHOOL, but I'll keep that principle in mind

#10 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

I don't have any shot glasses, considering I'm in HIGH SCHOOL, but I'll keep that principle in mind

I'm in high school too but my dad has some lying around from some parties a few years ago so I used them. Got tired of using ice cubes.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#11 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

My parents don't have any. How do you use ice cubes?

#12 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

For mine i just put them in a vise to dry, not a hand-held one, but one mounted to a work bench.
"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#13 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:50 PM

I make converted tagger Stefans, using tacks. I tried it with the tack pointing out, and it stuck in my parents' ten-year-old grand piano. It works great with the tack pointing in, but it's not really a Stefan - no hot glue. They shoot in every gun, including the Maverick and the Longshot. My friend made some of his own, and they turn his sawed-off Double Shot into a pain-inducing beast. For real. They don't fit so well in a Nite Finder with rod, but you just have to move the tack a little.

Edited by yourface, 06 June 2007 - 10:21 AM.

#14 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

I make converted tagger Stefans, using tacks. I tried it with the tack pointing out, and it stuck in my parents' ten-year-old grand piano. It works great with the tack pointing in, but it's not really a Stefan - no hot glue. They shoot in every gun, including the Maverick and the Longshot.

How do you get the tack in there? Do you just stick it in the dart?

#15 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

I make converted tagger Stefans, using tacks. I tried it with the tack pointing out, and it stuck in my parents' ten-year-old grand piano. It works great with the tack pointing in, but it's not really a Stefan - no hot glue. They shoot in every gun, including the Maverick and the Longshot. My friend made some of his own, and they turn his sawed-off Double Shot into a pain-inducing beast. For real. They don't fit so well in a Nite Finder with rod, but you just have to move the tack a little.

How do you get the tack in there? Do you just stick it in the dart?

You just twist it while pushing it in. It takes a bit of tweaking to get it straight and flush with the dart end. I usually leave a tiny bit sticking out.

I'm still working on the dart design. I may change the tack placement, or dremel a bit off first. They fit great in any gun, but they have a little bulge around the middle, and their range isn't as good as a real Stefan. They're easy to make, though, and cheap. With the kinks worked out, they should be great.

Tacks for the win. :w00t:

Edited by yourface, 06 June 2007 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users