My Arsenal

o what hath NerfHaven wrought?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

I know there's a "post your arsenal" thread, and a "modification/paintjob" thread, but I wanted to list all the guns I have, post pictures, describe their modifications, and be able to discuss them/get feedback. So here we go.

A note on ranges: all ranges were into a moderate headwind. - at LEAST 15' can be probably be added to each range. Furthermore, I use CPVC (not brass or PETG), so because of the tightness of the CPVC and lack of nesting on spring guns, my ranges are not all they could be. This is intentional, however, as the people I play with are relatively whiny - both about "ow that hurts" and "no fair that's overpowered." I gimp the more powerful guns where possible so that I'll be allowed to use them in battle. The exception being 003. You'll read about him later ;)

All ranges are level, from midway between my hip and shoulder.

Pistols

Posted Image
Type: Maverick
Name: N/A
Range: 35'
Modifications: CPVC barrel replacement, cylinders used as clips, pennies behind spring.
Comments: These were the first Nerf guns I ever modified, and the culprits that got me into modifying in the first place. Not pictured is my yellow maverick, whose cocking pin holder broke and was then melted while I was putting in a replacement pin (don't ask...).

Posted Image
Type: Nitefinder
Range: 45' (Headwind, remember?)
Modifications: 1/2" CPVC coupler, speedloader barrels, one has been minimized/"Luger'd." Will be attempting to fit a crossbow spring inside one of them soon.
Comments: The second guns I ever modified, after I'd read about how them nitefinders were just so durn great for beginners. Mean to replace the "light" on the one that I left the light on with a real laser, then realized that lasers were more expensive than I thought... or at least, the ones I could find.

Posted Image
Type: Secret Shot 1
Name: Secret Trident
Range: 50'
Modifications: Triple barreled. Barrels run to three external CPVC couplers. Uses the same barrels/speedloaders as the nitefinders.
Comments: !#@$!@# you, you stupid @$%#$ing orange piece that sits in front of the plunger :P

Posted Image
Type: Crossfire
Range: 42'
Modifications: Stock barrel removed, replaced with CPVC. 3 Pennies placed behind spring. Cocking pin/slider replaced with a zip tie inside 1/4' OD vinyl tubing. Small piece of aluminum added to catch plunger so it doesn't knock the barrel out the front (see thumbnail).
Posted Image
Comments: It's a little too small for my hands.

Primaries

Posted Image
Type: Lanard Blast Bazooka
Range: 70' (Headwind, remember?)
Modifications: Pump plugged, coupler epoxied to air tank, with a threaded coupler epoxied to that, allowing for barrel attachments. Currently sporting a 12" breech-loading CPVC barrel. The breech is 1/2" copper repair tubing, which is a perfect fit over 1/2" CPVC.
Comments: My first air gun modification and first "primary" gun modification. Originally had a breech made with 2 1/2" PVC couplers, sealed with FBR. (see thumbnail) Goes through cardboard.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Type: Big Bad Titan
Range:
85' Singled
40' Shotgunned
Modifications: Pump plugged, trigger guards removed, air restrictors (including the one at the base of the barrel) removed. 1/2" PVC threaded coupler added to front to allow for barrel attachments while still retaining ability to fire stock missle.

Attachments include 4-barrel shotgun attachments, which can hold 1 2" stefan, or 2 or 3 shotgun stefans each. The shotgun "clips" are PVC couplers, which fit over the shotgun barrel attachment.

There is also an 18" breech-loading CPVC barrel in the same style as the LBB's barrel.
Comments: Goes through cardboard.

Posted Image
Type: Expand-a-blast
Range:
Mega Stefans: 45'
Stock Micros/Taggers: 45'
Modifications: 1/2" PVC barrel placed inside stock barrel, seal improved, case cut down, sight added to end of barrel.
Comments: Until it broke off, this had a laser pointer hot-glued to it. It, and the sight on the end of the barrel, actually work for aiming this thing - I can bullseye the cardboard targets that come with nitefinders and nerf missiles with this thing on the first try from 20' - it is still more than sufficiently accurate to the end of its range at 45'.

Posted Image
Type: Expand-a-blast
Range: 40'
Modifications: Gravity-fed, breechless deodorant clip integrated into the existing barrel and a length of 1/2" SCH80 PVC. Seal improved. (Clip system write up link here.)
Comments: A little difficult to run around with, because multiple darts can load into the barrel or slip out. Easily fixed by tightening the base of the barrel a bit (perhaps with paper or a bit of brass,) but I've not got around to it - I've had bigger fish to fry, as it were.

Posted Image
Type: BuzzBee DoubleShot
Name: Betsy
Range: 45'
Modifications: Homemade shells from a dremeled-down 1/2" CPVC coupler and a 2.5" length of CPVC. (see thumbnail)
Posted Image
Comments: It is the favorite gun to be borrwed by my friends at our wars.

Posted Image
Type: AirTech 2000
Range: 67' (Headwind, remember? [It got 120' with a tailwind])
Modifications: 1/2" CPVC couplers attached to stock turret, uses same type of barrel/speedloader as my Nitefinders and Secret Shot. Pump plugged.
Comments: Goes through cardboard.

Posted Image
Type: Crossbow
Name: Gen
Range: 80' (Headwind, remember?)
Modifications: Barrel relocated, 1/2" CPVC coupler epoxied directly to plunger tube. Small length of CPVC (just long enough for a stock micro/tagger) extends from there to the front of the gun, where another coupler is. Four bolts, two in each side, work like the screws on christmas tree holders to keep the barrel aligned perfectly straight. They can be adjusted on-the-fly as necessary. The plastic behind the spring has been reinforced with aluminum plating (see thumbnail), and the plunger, which was broken when I obtained the crossbow, has been similarly reinforced (see thumbnail). Uses 6" CPVC speedloaders, can also use the barrels from the AT2K, NFs, and Secret Shot.
Posted Image Posted Image
Comments: Goes through the little nitefinder cardboard targets, while sending them flying across the room.

Posted Image
Type: Big Bad Bow
Name: Gar
Range: 77'
Modifications: 1/2" CPVC coupler epoxied to plunger tube, air restrictor removed, white piece removed and replaced with craft foam to cushion plunger head. Uses 6" speedloaders, same type as the crossbow, and can also use the barrels and speedloaders from the AT2K, NFs, and Secret Shot.
Comments: Goes through cardboard. If you get one, unless you KNOW you have the glue for it, leave a bit of the stock barrel there to sitck your new barrels over or through - it was a royal pain getting the coupler NOT to fly off with each shot.

Posted Image
Type: Longshot
Name: 003
Range: 90' (With a headwind, too!)
Modifications: Air restrictor removed, AR-15 Carbine spring added to plunger, trigger plate spring strengthened, front gun modified, then discarded. (POS...)

Breech/bolt replaced with brass. This is, I think, a new type of longshot breech.

I've got a length of 9/16" brass attached to the plunger tube. A half-section of it is cut out that is as long as the clip, but there is leftover whole tube in the front. Just inside the back, there's 17/32" brass. There is 17/32" brass at the front of the breech, (the "chamber," according to CaptainSlug's internal diagram), that lines perfectly up with the 17/32" in the back, when the breech is closed. So the 9/16" brass scoops up darts, and they're enclosed in a 17/32" barrel.

The magazines are not modified, and can still hold stock streamline darts. This is nice, because this longshot can still fire them. In addition, it can fire every other type of ammunition except LBB missiles and the titan missile, with the following ranges:

Inside magazine
CDTD Stefan: 90'
Regular Stefan: 80' (sometimes jams)
Streamline dart: 40'-130' (and into a headwind, too. Blew me away.) Streamline ranges are more consistent and the flightpaths are straigher indoors.

Front-loaded
Stock Micro Dart: 40'
Stock Tagger Dart: 70'
Larami Dart: 30'
Stock Mega: 30'
Mega Stefan: 40'
Arrows (BBB/B'n'A, Arrowstorm, etc): 35'

See thumbnails for closeups of the breech.
Posted Image Posted Image
Comments: The scope works (!) with DTD stefans and regular stefans. It will also put a streamline dart through wicker baskets.

Posted Image
Type: Domestic Short Hair
Name: Cimmorine
Range: Can biff darts up to 5'
Modifications: Layers of fat increased, domesticated.
Comments: This is my cat. She loves playing with nerf darts, but only stock micro suction darts. Stefans? Taggers? Bah.

Not Pictured and why:
Triple Strike - the pump/tanks are messed up. I think it's just the pump, though, so I could do a volley-titan-esque thing with them.

Magstrike - Where the tubing attaches to the pump, it leaks like no other. Need to replace this, but it's sitting in the junk bin for now.

Sawtooth - no clips, haven't done anything. Trying to figure out a way to deodorant-clip it while keeping clips in the area designated for clips.

Ballzooka - haven't done anything to it

Mad Hornet - because it sucks.

Bow and Arrow - CPVC barrel attachment blew off, haven't gotten around to fixing because there've been better things to do (Longshot...)

Triple Torch - haven't done anything to it. Needs a new trigger spring.

Rattler - I lost it... I swear I had one! No really!

Wrist Blitzer - plunger shattered. Not broke, shattered.

So that's what NerfHaven hath wrought upon my poor family and household. Questions? Suggestions? Comments?

Correction: That's a 3/4" INNDER DIAMETER threaded coupler on the Titan.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

Nice thread, I guess.

Don't take this the wrong way, but where the fuck do you live? Is it always windy? Or do you like to test in the wind?

Or, did you test them all at the same time?

#3 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

I just now tested them all at the same time, all under the same (regrettably windy) conditions, so the ranges would be accurate relative to each other, if not accurate absolutely.

If you were to ask me the range of, say, the titan or LBB or AT2k, I'd tell you at least 100' for each of them. And under ideal conditions (or just not windy...), that'd be true.

Correction #2 (Because I can't edit the original post, as it has more than 10 images): Gen (The crossbow) has a Defender T3 Arrow Shooter spring instead of the stock spring.

Edited by Gengar003, 22 May 2007 - 11:29 PM.

#4 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

Wow, Thats a pretty good arsenal compared to mine. I REALLY like the Titan. Could you be more specific on how you made the shotgun "clips"? like what kind of PVC couplers?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#5 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

One such example of how to make them is seen here. Hopefully this can save Gengar some typing.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!
:P
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

Well, I tried that one, but my kind of CPVC didn't fit in the 1.25 PVC that Lowes had. I was just wondering what size the coupler is to fit all 4 barrels?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#8 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:35 PM

Nice arsenal, dude. You have more then me.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#9 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:37 PM

I don't understand, why do you put pennies behind the spring?

#10 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:52 PM

Wow, Thats a pretty good arsenal compared to mine. I REALLY like the Titan. Could you be more specific on how you made the shotgun "clips"? like what kind of PVC couplers?

It's 1 1/4"" PVC couplers. However, if I were you, and were going to make some, or if I were going to make more, I'd use a larger size. 4 barrels doesn't really do the titan justice. More barrels, and/or longer barrels, I'd reccomend.

The pennies compress the spring a little more, so when the gun is cocked, the spring is tighter than when it's cocked and they're not there. You can't add too many, though, or whatever you're cocking won't be able to move back far enough to catch, and you won't be able to cock your gun. Mavericks can take up to 5, crossfires three.

Edited by Gengar003, 23 May 2007 - 10:06 PM.

#11 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

Could you post a picture of it inside the shell?

#12 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

It's 2" PVC couplers. However, if I were you, and were going to make some, or if I were going to make more, I'd use a larger size. 4 barrels doesn't really do the titan justice. More barrels, and/or longer barrels, I'd reccomend.

The pennies compress the spring a little more, so when the gun is cocked, the spring is tighter than when it's cocked and they're not there. You can't add too many, though, or whatever you're cocking won't be able to move back far enough to catch, and you won't be able to cock your gun. Mavericks can take up to 5, crossfires three.

So you can add too many pennies. I just won't cock then. Which, I mean, you can add more, but you can't fire, so really, ther is a limit. Good idea though, cheap method.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#13 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

I understand it now. Does it make a significant difference or not?

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

I understand it now. Does it make a significant difference or not?

Well, yes, because you have a more tense spring, resulting in a larger acceleration, due to larger for form greater compression.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#15 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

Nice arsenal! Love the titan.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#16 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

I enjoy your Nerf collection. It is an inspiration for me to go waste more of my college fund on kids toys.
Anyway something that has bothered me, why do your friends pick the double shot shotgun?
Of all those guns...

How did you get a cat that likes nerf? My cat hates Nerf Guns, so does my dog. I guess there have been a few times that I needed a target and my dog just happened to be there...
-Tim

Mollasicist- One who makes things PAINFULLY slow for somebody else, like the lady at the checkout line

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

My arsenal blows. Yours is pretty amazing, and very clean mods.

You should buy a feather-ball-on-a-stick toy for your cat and exercise her. I have an overweight cat and she's starting to lose some flabbiness from chasing around the toy on the floor.
SexD Warves

#18 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

You should buy a feather-ball-on-a-stick toy for your cat and exercise her.

She doesn't play. She plays with two things - stock micro suction darts, and this one catnip mouse we have. Anything else does not interest her. I have tried to exercise her... :w00t:

On to the Titan. Y'all seem intrigued, so here's a writeup of what I did.

#19 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

stock micro suction darts, and this one catnip mouse we have.

You should hot glue the mouse to a titan missle and shoot that around.

Very nice mods. Cleaner than most of mine.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#20 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

Have you tried laser pointers for your cat, they seem facinated by those?

On topic, I really like your cliped mavs.
"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#21 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:37 AM

I'd have to agree with Cennipe, your clipped Mavs are awsome. Again, love the Titan. What breed of cat is yous?

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#22 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

Very nice arsenal. Cute cat by the way. :D
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#23 Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

Really nice arsenal. And Yeah, laser pointers are great for cats :D . I would do a mini titan mod on your Titan: it makes it a lot smaller and more manageable.

#24 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

I'm not entirely sure but from the picture of your LS is looks as though if your barrel were slightly longer you would be able to throw a titan missle on there. Correct me if I'm wrong.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#25 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

I'm not entirely sure but from the picture of your LS is looks as though if your barrel were slightly longer you would be able to throw a titan missle on there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The barrel is far too skinny to hold the Titan missile, which has a huge ID. You might be able to fit it over the original muzzle of the gun, but I never really bothered checking the fit there...

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 03 June 2007 - 06:30 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users