Photo

Ls Coupler

10 replies to this topic

#1 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

Would it be possible to put a coupler barrel on a LS to make it shoot titans? I had an idea that looked something like this with the black part being pvc and the orange being the original barrel. 1 problems I can think of.
1) Getting the barrel to be big enough and be airtight on the barrel so the titan will actually fire.

EDIT: having photo bucket problems so take away all the black infront of the orange so it looks like an actual barrel.

Edited by baseballnolan5, 04 June 2007 - 02:27 PM.

QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

You would probably need the titan barrel, but why would you wan to do this as the LS puts up a smaller volume of air than a titan?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

Just curious because I believe gengar said his LS shoots every type except titans and that gave me this idea and it would be cool to be able to shoot any type of dart.
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#4 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

it would be interesting, but not exactly practical. But I guess having that claim to fame would be cool, if your into that. But seriously, who is going to carry 20 different kinda of ammo for one gun? Thats the only thing I would ask. Is it at all practical?
-Tim

Mollasicist- One who makes things PAINFULLY slow for somebody else, like the lady at the checkout line

#5 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

probabally not but it would be funny to sneak up on someone and shoot them in the back of the head with a titan and not kill them and be able to shoot DTD's which me and my friends like to play with so theres not debate on hits. And you can't deny getting hit in the head with a titan missle
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

No. There is no chance of this working unless yours is equiped(sp?) with an Angel Breech. And please don't wreck a perfectly good LS.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:59 PM

Thats true.

Ouch
-Tim

Mollasicist- One who makes things PAINFULLY slow for somebody else, like the lady at the checkout line

#8 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

No. There is no chance of this working unless yours is equiped(sp?) with an Angel Breech. And please don't wreck a perfectly good LS.

Whats wrong with the angel breech. Everything angel makes is great. And why do you have to have an angel breech you could do it with a pvc barrel you just need a coupler.
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Reading comprehension, use it. The answer is still no, it's not likely to work unless you do something so drastic that is solves all of the leaks inherent in the stock mechanism.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

I kinda figured I'd end up with that result. Oh well at least I didn't already buy materials.
QUOTE View Post

A shit ton.

#11 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

Regular arrows go ~30 feet with a nigh-perfect nested brass seal, a seal that, when I plug the tip, causes the bolt and plunger rod to oh-so-slowly drift back into place.

I doubt that no matter what spring, how good your seal, or what size your barrel, you'd be able to get the titan missile to do anything much impressive - its inner volume is almost certainly larger than the entire longshot's plunger tube.

Nevertheless, I'll try and report back. Because it would be cool. :)
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users