Couplered Big Blast

$9 and 30 minutes

66 replies to this topic

#51 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

So, essentially, the same mod could be done to an LBB, correct?

Great mod. Clean work too.
Nuckin' Futz

#52 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:55 PM

What doe's plugging the pump do?

Allows you to pump more than 6 times, and therefore allows you to reach a higher firing pressure. Like such a modification does for any air powered gun.

So, essentially, the same mod could be done to an LBB, correct?

Yes their internals are identical. The Big Blast only differs in that it's trigger valve is more robust.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#53 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

You said you can reinforce the trigger, how? Did you plug the pump on your gun?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#54 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

I didn't reinforce the trigger, I made a new one from scratch. And I didn't bother plugging the pump on mine, I made the replacement trigger for a friend that plugged the pump on his.
If you want to reinforce the trigger you can glue more plastic to the sides of it then trim the body shell a bit so that it will fit with the material added to it.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 11 June 2007 - 10:23 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#55 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

You said you can reinforce the trigger, how? Did you plug the pump on your gun?

Glue some 1/16" Polycarbonate onto it. Plug the pump to achieve higher pressure if you want more range.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#56 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

I don't think I'll plug the pump. Usually it is just me and my brother that play and we play in are front yard, so with the ranges that I will get from just doing this mod should be more then enough for me. Thanks for answering all my questions guys.

#57 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:59 PM

I have one more question: Why did you put glue inside the coupler?

#58 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

to fill all of the dead space so that when you pull the trigger ALL of the tank volume is working on propelling the dart, rather than working on filling in the dead space of the coupler.

#59 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:30 AM

When I fill the coupler with glue does it fill the place where the old barrel is?

#60 wintermute

wintermute

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

It should fill the area AROUND the barrel stub. If the glue overflows and goes into the barrel stub, it will glue the valve shut (not good.)

#61 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

First off whats the URL for mcmaster sorry for the noobish question but I googled and didn't work.
2 I think you got ripped on the drillpress I found one on www.ACE.com Dremel brand for $50 and free shiping.
How much is it for all the pieces and equipment.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#62 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

First off whats the URL for mcmaster sorry for the noobish question but I googled and didn't work.
2 I think you got ripped on the drillpress I found one on www.ACE.com Dremel brand for $50 and free shiping.

...Oh, dear, that's a necro, my friend. This hasn't been posted in in months.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#63 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Sorry for the noobish question .....

It's not your question you should be worried about buddy. I'd sleep with one eye open from now on, remember PACO IS WATCHING.....

Edited by Philote, 02 April 2008 - 04:27 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#64 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

I have no clue how much all of the pieces and equipment cost, but here is a link to mcmaster.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Would people please stop posting about how he necroed a thread and answer the damn question. If the moderators feel that he screwed up he will get banned. You don't have to go and post about it.

Edited by Flantre, 02 April 2008 - 04:37 PM.

#65 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

...Oh, dear, that's a necro, my friend. This hasn't been posted in in months.

It seems like every time someone necro's a topic you have to post in it, saying how the admins are going to ban them or whatnot. Why?? You should just let the admins do what they want, and not post in every single necro'd thread.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#66 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

Backseat moderation is not permitted. Stop doing it.

Methinks you are lying to us. The first result is the right result when you search for mcmaster.
http://www.google.co...l=en&q=mcmaster

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 April 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#67 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

This is a guess, but an educated one. I bet he didn't know it was called McMaster-Carr. I used to think it was just McMaster as well
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users