The Nasa-3k

A Mass Integration

9 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

This is my first post on NerfHaven, and I have been saving it for something special. I have numerous mods planned, but most of them will have to wait until the summer.

Getting to the point, here’s the write-up.

First get ahold of an SSPB, NF and an at3k.

To make it neat and organized, you should mod your gun in steps. First the NF part, then the SSPB, then the AT3k.

NF

I just coupler’d it, but you could do anything you want.

SSPB

Take the shell off of the SSPB, take the rubber/plastic disc off the trigger, and start dremeling out the handle part of the NF shell, and keep doing so on both sides until it fits. Cut a slot in between where your third and fourth finger would be on the handle; this is where the trigger for the SSPB will be. You will have to have some of the airtank of the SSPB coming out the back of the handle

Here's how mine turned out:

Posted Image

And this is what it looked like put back together:

Posted Image

AT3k

Rip the valve and pump out of the AT3k. Cut both tubes (clear and orange) off the “goo-gauge”, and cut off the clear tubing. Then goop/epoxy the end of the orange tubing onto the valve.

Then you will have to dremel out a place for the AT3k pump. I put it inside the gun where the ammo holders used to be, but you could probably glue it on the left side of the gun.

Glue the pump there, and then glue the AT3k airtank onto the front of where the “laser” used to be. Since both surfaces (should) be flat, your AT3k should fire straight. After that, I enlarged the trigger guard, so that I could create a trigger for the AT3k. I also coupler’d it, but again, you could do whatever barrel mod you want.

After dremeling, I glued a keyring onto the firing pin.

I’m sorry for going so long without pics, so here is the finished product:

Posted Image

Well, not quite…

I still had some things to do. Firstly, the pump handle was too small, and the handle was pretty fugly. I covered the handle in E-tape, and did this to the pump handle:

Posted Image

First I cut off the white end piece of the pump handle, and then glued a section of a ½” PVC coupler onto the end of the pumping chamber. I duct-taped it there, and covered the duct tape with E-tape. I glued a section of ½” PVC onto the end of the pump handle, and put a coupler on there. It is larger now, and very easy to pump, even with a PVC barrel, there is enough space to grip it.

So now, you have one beast of a gun, with three shots before reloading.

Here is the (truly) finished Night Attack Secret Air 3000 (NASA-3k)!

Posted Image

A close-up on the SSPB trigger:

Posted Image

It’s lacking a name, so suggestions are welcome.

I’ll make a removable nano-barrel for the SSPB soon, so it can shoot farther.

A few problems still remain, one being that it is hard to load and unload the barrel from the NF, so I just glued a small tube of brass to the side of it, so I can yank it out. And since I added a tek-six spring in, sometimes it does not compress right, and does not allow you to cock the gun. I’m going to try to just get a first-edition NF spring for it, if you have one, PM me.

Questions, Comments?

Enjoy!

PS What are your thoughts on the E-tape? I personally like it on the handle, but don’t know about the pumping chamber and airtank… I’d like to know all your opinions, thanks!

EDIT: I'm really sorry that all the pictures are blurry... I don't own a tri-pod, but will buy on soon, I'll try to get some non-blurry pictures up later.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 22 May 2007 - 08:00 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

Looks pretty damn insane. Ranges?
Nuckin' Futz

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

Very nice work there!

functionality-wise, it's perfect (besides maybe some small mods to the sspb, like the barrel you talked about)

asthetically, it needs a little work. The e-tape it not a good idea, because soon that tape is going to move around slightly, leaving sticky places all over your gun. I think if you find a better way to secure everything besides tape, and then paint it, it will be much better.

Keep up the good work!

Probably dead by now, or something.

#4 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Nice job.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:39 PM

Holy frick! That is one beast of a gun!
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

Thank you for the compliments, everyone.

NerfFreak, I'll try to get ranges soon, but I can't promise any until the weekend or possibly later.

AssasinNF, I just took the E-tape off, and will take the tape off the pumping chamber tommorow, and glue the coupler on (or should I goop it on?).

The only reason I put the tape on the handle in the first place is because I kind of hacked up the handle. You can see the airtank for the SSPB coming out the back, and at some places I dremeled right through plastic :(. Do you still recommend me taking it off?

And about the painting...

I've never done a PJ before, but I guess I could try. I just have to be careful not to get any paint in the coupler or the SSPB barrel...

I just noticed that my CPVC barrel was pointing down. But, oddly, when I was test firing it inside (leaving indents in my door) it seemed to fire straight... Hm... I think I know what's happening, but I'll check tommorow and post it.

EDIT: Added some better pics of the gun, I hope you all like them! (Now you'll actually be able to see the gun...)

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 22 May 2007 - 08:01 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#7 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Aesthetics don't aren't worth jack aorund here, only fuctionality. I have to say that this is finally something new and functional. I could see this being used in a war, good job. It's as clean as it needs to be.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#8 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

Very nice. It's absolutely ridiculous, but I could see it being used in a war.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#9 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

Very nice. It's absolutely ridiculous, so I could see it being used in a war.

Fixed.

Seriously, though, congratulations on a successfull modification, integration, and post. Just makes me wish even more that some store near me sold SSPBs. I wouldn't have thought of integrating the AT3K into the smaller NF shell. That's interesting.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#10 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

People have done just that (besides the sspb part) with AT2000 tanks, I did once. Nevertheless, a great mod/integration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users