Longshot Help

What do I do?

14 replies to this topic

#1 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:46 AM

I've finally, partially, understand how to remove the AR, but still don't fully get it. I drilled into the back of the plunger with a 1/4 drill bit, because I had nothing else, I saw the spring and drilled into the wall past it. Now what do I do, or did I completely screw up?

Interested in selling or buying nerf/airsoft/paintball or other sports related purchases?

Try out sports only auction

http://www.sportsonlyauction.com/

#2 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

I'm not sure to how big the hole is, but you could have just ripped put the three prongs that hold the AR in place and that would be easier.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#3 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

You don't rip those prongs because they are the plunger stop.

If you drilled the right thing, the inside of your plunger tube will look like this:
Posted Image

Just use some needle nose pliers and pull the AR out. It looks like this:
Posted Image
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#4 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

The hole is tiny because I only have a 1/4 drill bit. How far was I it supposed to go here's a picture (post later)

Interested in selling or buying nerf/airsoft/paintball or other sports related purchases?

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

You have to widen the hole to around 5/8" in order to get the restrictor out. I generally drill the hole to 1/2" using a flat-blade wood-boring bit then widen the hole using an X-acto knife.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:41 AM

I decided to put the LS back together, and after six hours, I finaly got it to fit AND work, this is what it looks like;

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ran out of paint so I ca't paint the front. It looks and works prety good for my first everr paint and mod.

Now I have another problem, when I load a clip it is under the plunger-thingy and not in the right position, like so:

Posted Image

How can I fix this?

#7 Recruit

Recruit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

Cant see a thing the last pic is to blury.

Edited by Recruit, 23 May 2007 - 08:25 AM.

Falcon about himself.
... Ask Bags...he'll tell you without hesitation that I'm an idiot, but I certainly think about it before I do something stupid.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."

-Piney-

#8 hoshiadam

hoshiadam

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:37 AM

Now I have another problem, when I load a clip it is under the plunger-thingy and not in the right position, like so:

How can I fix this?

Are you able to pull the plunger back any farther? Are the top tabs of the clip resting on the bottom of the chamber (plunger-thingy), or are they just below it but not touching it. I'd guess the reason it isn't going in far enough is paint - on some longshots, you have to give the clip a quick pop to get them all the way in. Add in paint friction, and it might be too difficult.

Adam

#9 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Yes it's touching and yes I can pull the plunger farther back, but I found the problem, when I stretched the LS spring it is now causing the cocking mechanism go back far enough. I would like to add a new spring but not waste a BBB, what size is the BBB spring? Also what size spring would be best for the front attachment?

Edited by SpyHunter, 23 May 2007 - 08:20 PM.

#10 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

When removing the air restrictor, mine just slid out the back of the plunger tube before I did anything to it. That isn't good, is it? :blink:
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#11 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

When removing the air restrictor, mine just slid out the back of the plunger tube before I did anything to it. That isn't good, is it? :blink:

It is for you.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#12 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

You need to cut off the rear of the lip on the magazine. Like the left one pictured here.
Posted Image
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#13 SpyHunter

SpyHunter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

I finally got the A out by carvinng away at it with a knife for about an hour, now my gun is amazing. It has the range and power I expected, but not the accuracy, but still it's a nerf gun. I'll try and cut the end off and what did that guy mean "it just slid out". I also still need the spring measurments.

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

4 7/8" long for plunger spring replacement. CS knows the OD for the spring, I'm not exactly sure.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

The ID of the AR-15 spring is 3/4" so it only slightly loose around the stock plunger and fits easily inside the stock spring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users