Lcm War Today

46 replies to this topic

#26 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

As chaotic and inconsistent as this war was, it was definitely one of the most memorable. Like Vacc said earlier, everyone needs to get their shit in check for this summer and this war helped everyone gauge what they need before summer picks up. My MaxShots seem to fade more and more every round, that coupled with weak darts and I can honestly say I played 1/2 as well as I could have. I'm sure the same goes for some of you.

Anyway, we had 33 or 34 people at our peak. That beat the previous East Coast best by 6. Next time though, if Mill Creek is involved we're going to have to cut it down or make it invitational.

Memorable moments include:

- Tailbone and I turning a 2-man charge into a 6+ kill romp.
- Tailbone and I leaving the stacked vet team for the z80 group.
- Getting z80's clan to work more effectively and play better. We lost, but you guys did considerably better when I asked.
- Getting at least two or three triple kills through taps and good shots.
- Yelling at my team that there was an opposing playing coming through the woods, yelling "HEADS UP!" and then shooting the kid in the face accordingly. I had never shot anyone in the face with irony before.
- Losing every round! I felt so rusty! What went wrong!?
- Creatively dodging Vacc. I spun away from his shot but the dart tailed in on me. I was reloading at the time and had my MaxShot under my arm. In order to make sure a gun hit wouldn't count I dropped the Max Shot and threw my arm up, the dart shot in the gap between my arm and my chest, right where my Max Shot had been.
- Playing sloppy against Mantis from 5 feet away. We would have done better if it was a slap-fight instead.

And thanks for the card, guys! Very nice.

Edited by Evil, 20 May 2007 - 11:09 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#27 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

Anywho, my highlights:

-Shrimp & myself going Solid Snake in the middle of the 4-team battle (that shit was crazy)

-Groove

You mean the blue team hiding the entire round after getting wrecked by green at the beggining :lol:
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#28 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Anywho, my highlights:

-Shrimp & myself going Solid Snake in the middle of the 4-team battle (that shit was crazy)

-Groove

You mean the blue team hiding the entire round after getting wrecked by green at the beggining :P

Change "Hiding" to "Playing Smart" and you have the right idea. Also, that is an absolutely amazing shot of leftnut.

#29 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

Video. Includes footage of RAMBO "zombie-skipping"

I apologize to all the people I shot in the head and to all of my teammates I scared by shooting the Titan while standing behind them. That thing was kind of loud, but it made a very satisfying "TShSSsssssss" when refilling.

And thanks for the card, guys! Very nice.

Picture of said card

Edited by CaptainSlug, 20 May 2007 - 08:08 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#30 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

Nice video. Really captures what the rounds were like yesterday.
HERP DERP.

#31 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Awesome video. Normally I wouldn't post something so pointless, but this one's worth it.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#32 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

Heh the only time you ever see me in that video is when I'm running from something
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."

#33 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

At least your run isn't embarassing :P.

#34 tailbone

tailbone

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

At least your run isn't embarassing :P.

oh come on now rambo, who could be embarrased by your zombie charge that lead all of the z80 crew plus me and evil against the vets haha. good times
Nj Nerf 4 Life

#35 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

Wow, there was almost as much standing around and doing nothing in that video as there was on saturday. I didn't see a single shot fired throughout the entire course of the movie. I think it was particularly apropo that my only scene in the film is tosing my hands over my head and walking away exasperated. Hopefully next time we can give you more to work with. Cluster fucks don't make for exciting cinema.

VACC

#36 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

hear hear
The main reason there wasn't more video is because I was hell bent on participating in every round possible. Unlike at DCNO where I bent my ankle the wrong way around early in the afternoon.
But I do agree there was too little shooting and too much running around.
That park eats darts like mad though. I brought 120-150 darts but ran out of them by 2pm.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 20 May 2007 - 11:52 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#37 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

Well, I apologize for not bein' able to make it out to this one-- the Wave was graduatin' from Johnson & Wales University, so he and I had prior committments, obviously.

I talked to Famine at the office, this morning, and got a nice, quick recap of the day's events. Sounds like a solid warm-up with much fun to be had. It pains me that I missed out on Nerfin' with Groove, again, but hopefully there'll be more chances to rectify that situation in the future. Great to see the enthusiasm and the sheer numbers that this event pulled down.

However, I would like to lodge one major complaint: not a single damned Manta Ray in all the pictures I saw?!? By Chit'nah's hairy balls, people, it's one of the best guns in the game, and I haven't even FIRED mine in ten years. Somebody out there, besides me, has gotta learn the beauteous techniques of the Ray.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#38 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

hear hear
The main reason there wasn't more video is because I was hell bent on participating in every round possible. Unlike at DCNO where I bent my ankle the wrong way around early in the afternoon.
But I do agree there was too little shooting and too much running around.
That park eats darts like mad though. I brought 120-150 darts but ran out of them by 2pm.

My advice would be to pick up darts. I had no problem with losing darts. Next time I see you I'll bring any and all that I have of yours, I didn't get a chance to give you yours back because I rounded the field another few times when you were cleaning up and after you left. Are you going to DCNO? Either way I'll keep a baggy of them in my duffelbag.

#39 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

Are you going to DCNO?

Hell yes.
I just need to make more darts. My minimum should be 250 per war from now on.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 21 May 2007 - 05:52 PM.

#40 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Well I just got home and man my legs are sore. It was an experiance having 36 people, and I think that that was way too much for mill creek.

I'm still pissed that I threw my crossbow at the ground and broke the 2k off of it.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#41 tailbone

tailbone

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

i have to agree with darkshrimp there is no way we can have that many people at mill creek. we will have to figure out a way to manage the amount of people if we have that much interest in a war there.
Nj Nerf 4 Life

#42 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

I don't know, I had fun and I think everyone else there did so I don't see what the problem is...

#43 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:04 PM

The fact that we got in, what, 6, maybe 7 rounds? It's just too many people for that park.

#44 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Agreed. I already talked to z80 about this and the Horsemen before they left on Saturday and we agreed that in the future, if we are going to approach a head count of 30, we are going to make the day invitational and refine who is coming. It won't be personal but we'll be more selective about who comes and how many they bring to our field. Mill Creek with 30 people was an experience and I think it was a good way to start summer, but it won't happen again.

...Some of you probably heard that we are moving Apoc this year, and while this was agreed on about two months prior to this event, the LCM Summer Tune-Up definitely made it clear that it is a necessity.

Edited by Evil, 21 May 2007 - 07:32 PM.

#45 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

Agreed. I already talked to z80 about this and the Horsemen before they left on Saturday and we agreed that in the future, if we are going to approach a head count of 30, we are going to make the day invitational and refine who is coming. It won't be personal but we'll be more selective about who comes and how many they bring to our field. Mill Creek with 30 people was an experience and I think it was a good way to start summer, but it won't happen again.

...Some of you probably heard that we are moving Apoc this year, and while this was agreed on about two months prior to this event, the LCM Summer Tune-Up definitely made it clear that it is a necessity.

I agree whole heartedly. There was no way to anticipate the turnout for this thing accurately, and it was an experience I think we needed to have once. That said, this year I think our goal should be to use the parks at our disposal as efficiently as possible, and find the best venues for each of our wars. If we match the parks to our turnouts and vice versa I think we'll all have a better time. Hopefully we can really do this with deal and maybe give the LCM some ideas to help throw a bad ass apoc.

Oh, and CaptainSlug, my commentary on the video had nothing to do with your work, just on the content of the battles you observed.

VACC

#46 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

You guys are bashing this war like it wasn't one of the best in years. To continue the analogies, its like anal, you gotta try it to make sure it's not your thing, but don't go acting like you didn't enjoy it. :ph34r:
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#47 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

You guys are bashing this war like it wasn't one of the best in years. To continue the analogies, its like anal, you gotta try it to make sure it's not your thing, but don't go acting like you didn't enjoy it. :ph34r:

Thats very strange...

and yet true enough I guess.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users