How Did You Start?

and hows it going?

27 replies to this topic

#1 Cats

Cats

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I'm curious as to how other players became interested in nerf. As a kid, I didn't own nerf guns, maybe I'm making up for lost time.

Anyway, my friend in college discovered nerf wars were popular in dorms. He sort of brought it back to me and we started to play with our 5-6 immediate friends. So far we only play Hunted (protect the VIP). We typically play one a week, Friday nights with players ages between (17-21) We rope in a couple more each week, and we hope to get some large scale games going. My younger brother has started a very similar group amongst his friends.

#2 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'm only a freshman in high school, but I didn't have nerf guns when I was younger so curiosity was a big factor. Plus, my friends had a bunch of nerf guns, so I said what the hey. I found this site though a google search for gun modding.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#3 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

I believe there was a post like this earlier but I could be wrong.

Anyway I always had nerf guns as a kid but never modded them.
My friend had 2 unmodded LnLs that now I wish he still had.
I was in Kohls over a year ago and saw a NF and AT2k in the toy section as I was walking buy.
I thought to myself hey why not buy them and have a little fun for $10.
After a couple of days of fooling around with them stock I wondered if anyone had made these things stronger so I did a Google search and found NerfHaven, now Im hooked.
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#4 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

Well I started a few years ago. I go to a gym called Mile High Gymnastics. While at the gym one of my gym friends told me about nerf. My friends screen name is Rediate. But when we started I remember only haveing NF and one mav. Everyone wanted to use the mav it was like a holy gun. Good times, good times.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

My brother was looking on e-bay for nerf guns when he saw a moddified nf that allegidly shot 80. I did not believe him so I looked on e-bay and there it was. I of course was verry interested and did a google search for "night finder modificaton" and there was a link to nerf. I started to moddify every single one of my nerf guns. Then I told my friends about it and now they ar addicted to.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

Well, I started when I was in like 4th grade. I was at Wally Mart and My mom said I could buy a toy thats under 5 bucks. So I was walking around lokking for a toy and I came upon a Nitefinder. I toyed with it a few days, until I lost all mt darts. So I looked up Nerf in google and I came up with this site, till this day, I will always love nerf. It keeps be busy when I'm at home and not playing games. And it also keeps me out if trouble(its hard to when your in 8th grade)
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

I just started after Easter this year. My mum and dad got me and my brother 2 guns(the Night Finder and The Tech Target) and I already had a LS from Christmas.Then my brother-in-law came over for Easter dinner and my sister's boyfriend came too. After every one ate then I got my guns and just started shooting with my 2 pistols just for fun then after that every one got some sort of gun and we all just shot at each other.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

I had nerf guns when I was a kid. Back when they each came out, I had a crossbow, bow'n'arrow, a rattler, secret shot 1, and stayed with it, people getting me guns for christmas/birthdays and me getting 'em for myself all the way through the original Supermaxx 1500 and 3000. Then it kind of stopped, because I "aged out" of Nerf's target audience and had no-one to play with them with.

Then the Maverick came out. I saw it at Fry's Electronics, a gigantic computer/electronic store. I bought two and shot them all over my house - they were so cool. I was idly browsing google for information about the maverick when I hit upon some page mentioning Nerf Gun Modification. I exploered and explored and explored and found NerfHaven (and NHQ, too).

It'd never occured to me to open up a nerf gun. If it broke, I figured "eh, that sucks... but what can I do?" NH/NHQ showed me that I could, in fact, do stuff, and I tore through my collection, rebarreling, banding, plugging pumps, and such. That was last December.

Since then, I've been voraciously acquiring new guns and modifying them.

tl;dr? The Maverick.
I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#9 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

I don't remember when I started, and I don't exactly remember how. I just remember a long time ago, I was at the store, and I was going to get a Nerf gun. I saw the SM3K, and another gun that was full-auto (RF20? PC?). I chose the SM3K because it looked cooler to me and I though the rotating turret was pretty awsome.
Then quite a bit later I got a NF somehow. Then all I remember is me searching Nerf mods on Google and me putting bands on it. Then I learned how to take the air restrictors out and all that. Then I got my friends at the gym into it.
And yeah, the Maverick used to be the supreme ruler, the god of all weapons. But that was back when the best mods on our NF's were removing the air restrictors and putting bands on it.

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

My school has an excellent gaming club that holds a convention every spring. I found out that there was to be a war at the con, so I went out to get a Maverick. I modded the Mav and went back for an NF. Then some other people asked me to mod their guns, and by the time of the war, I was hooked.

#11 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • State:Mississippi

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

I had a lnl and auto grip since I was little, and friend told me about modding.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#12 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Well, about a year ago, I had to get a tooth pulled, so I didnít want to get my tooth pulled, and so my mom told me that I could get something at target. Found the longshot, and after a while of shooting my cat I got bored and wondered what they meant by: DO NOT MODIFY DART BLASTER I searched up nerf gun modifications. Found Nerf HQ and Nerf haven. Loved it since.
Newb: Paintball is better than nerf, I mean common there weaker than hell.
Nerfer: Really want to take a shot to the balls with a titan?

Come check out my forum: http://zxnerf.yourfreebb.com

#13 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

In October me and my friend were at target searching for a present... I got the Kid a maverick and a reactor. But my friend saw a bbb. He told me to get it for him on his birthday... On his birthday I brang a couple guns to the party... And we played all Night long and we Thought the stock bbb was amazing... One day I was searching ebay for a new gun and It said nightfinder modded. I looked at the description and started googling it. Before I knew it I had become a member of hq. And then haven... Ever since I had been hooked and got like 6 guns in a month.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#14 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Basically me and my friends read Penny Arcade. We saw the Nerf Comic, and two of my friends decided to get guns. One of them googled Nerf and found this site. He linked me to it, and we start reading on how to mod. We were amazed. That friday, a group of like twelve of my friends went to white plains and got guns at Target and TRU. We started nerfing every week after that. We got better guns, better mods, and better nerfers. We have two clans (a junior clan for kids in the middle school) and have started going to big wars.

#15 The Crackerjack Man

The Crackerjack Man

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

For me it was a birthday. Who doesnt want a nf for there birthday. So when I recieved it I opened it and shot it. For som reason I was disapointed in its performance. So I started to look for mods and sites. Thats how I found this sight and started to nerf.
"Wow, you realy screwed that guy over"

#16 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

It was actually Boltsniper that started me up with Nerf again. I used to own an SM1500 and an SM3000 a while ago, but then I got out of Nerf when I got into middle school. Over the summer, I was interested to make a magazine-fed gun to shoot ping-pong balls, and I came across Bolt's website in the research process. I saw his Nerf designs, and then got into trying to build Nerf guns instead, which then led to my subsequent addiction to Nerf and a small fortune (probably over $400) spent on amassing a rather large arsenal. A very special thanks to Bolt for starting me off again.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 20 May 2007 - 07:52 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#17 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

I was very much into Nerf when I was 8-12. I had an Arrowstorm, a Crossbow, an Eagle Eye, and several pistols and me an my siblings had wars regularly in the neighborhood. But then we moved and I found other ways to spend my free time.
About 2 years ago I saw some of Boltsniper's work and became interested again and decided to try Nerf modification as an alternative (cheaper) hobby than what I was doing at the time.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#18 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

I had a nf but I never thought about modding it until my friend (pointblank) showed me how. Now ever since I've been buying and modding.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#19 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:03 PM

I had a few guns when I was younger but I never ectually nerfed. Then we realized hoe fun it was adn actually nered. Then I wanted to make them better, so I searched and found NH. I will nerf till I die! I'm seriously hanging onto my favorite gun forever.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#20 TJ

TJ

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well, I had some guns when i was a kid (damned if i could remember which ones) but i remember that I'd lose darts get angry throw it in a toy box, and let it rot. Then i got one of the supermaxxs, i couldnt pump it and i was soured on nerf for years. 2 years ago i was at target and my mom said i could get something under ten bucks. I walked by a maverick, thought it was the coolest nerf gun id ever seen (probaly grew up with a slingshot). Anyway i bought it, showed me friend, the next day he had one. The next summer my other friend got the dart tag set. This started our wras, and our obsession with nerf, which we've drawn atleast 7 kids into. Now that maverick is gone (Broke on my birthday so i hit the it with a sledge hammer) but my love for nerf only grows.
Rambo: Sir, do we get to win this time?
Trautman: This time? This time it's up to you.

#21 flameboy

flameboy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

My brother was looking on e-bay for nerf guns when he saw a moddified nf that allegidly shot 80. I did not believe him so I looked on e-bay and there it was. I of course was verry interested and did a google search for "night finder modificaton" and there was a link to nerf. I started to moddify every single one of my nerf guns. Then I told my friends about it and now they ar addicted to.

I found out about nerf months ago maybe in the beginning of the year(september)and then me and this other friend ''sourskittles'' started it and we got our other friends hooked with it

#22 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

I got into nerf this year actually. I was at my friends birthday, and he had the maverick and the firefly, and I was lured into it.

#23 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

For me it all started at flameboy's bday party... We nerfed from like 1am till 4. It was the start of magic.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#24 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

I started when i got a longshot for my Bday and i looked up refills. I saw a horrible write-up (I didn't know it was horrible :( ) and I tried to mod my longshot. I failed but eventually got it working agen so I looked for a better write up and I found NerfHaven!
Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#25 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

My friend got some Buzzbee guns for his birthday and showed me them. Then that lured all my friend into nerfing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users