The springer version.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image
So I found this at a Wal-mart for $15. I thought it was kinda pricey but I have never worked with a wrist gun before, so I thought I would pick it up.
The stock range was only 15 feet so I was pretty let down. With a nerf dart or buzz bee dart however the range increased by at least 10 feet.

Posted Image
Here you can see the screws on the bottom of the gun. There are six in total you need to remove.

Posted Image
There is also a grey cap peice that you can remove by taking your pliers and squeezing it and raising it off of the lip. You should now be able to open it up.

Posted Image
More internals. The catch spring is pretty strong.

Posted Image
Dirty air restrictors and barrel post.

Posted Image
You pry off this back peice by using a flathead screwdriver. By the way, air leaks from that hole in the top.

Posted Image
Once the back is removed you can now remove the AR and drill/dremel out the barrel post.

Posted Image
Big dirty AR with O-ring. They are starting to perfect this air restriction thing.

When you put the two shells back together be sure to Goop the surrounding walls as air might escape there.
Dont forget to goop that hole ontop of the barrel.
Now chop it down and dremel out the inside of the existing barrel and replace it with 3" of high grade OMC Petg.
Wrap the Petg with one or two loops of E-tape and cover that in goop and shove the barrel in. Clean away any excess goop. Allow 24 hours to dry.

Posted Image
Once that is finished put your gun back together and your good to go.

Range: 41 feet. Blaster was fired not on the wrist to ensure a level shot.

I put together a quirky little video for you all to enjoy.
Spiderman Video. <----Click here.

Sadly I was unable to get to the plunger head and spring. The one peice was glued on there so well I risked breaking the damn thing. It was glued on there just as intensley as the double shots plunger system. I took a look at it and fiddled with it for 10-15 minutes and then you just call it a day. Besides with a stronger spring it would make this gun extremely uncomfortable to cock while on your wrist.

So what do you guys think? I still have like 2 other write ups in the works and all of these so far have been side projects to my huge project that I am hoping to be finished with a in a month or so.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 17 May 2007 - 12:44 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:44 AM

40 feet is pretty impressive for a wrist type gun. The paint looks pretty high-quality on that thing too--I can see the metal flakes on some of those photos.

How does the thing feel? Heavy or bulky? The positioning looks better than something like the Nitro Quad. It would make for an interesting holdout or integration piece.

Interesting place to mod your gun though--right on top of your crotch. Are you trying to tell us it was that easy?
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#3 butleriscool123

butleriscool123

• Banned
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

Nice, I looked at that at the store and thought it would be some weird push puller with no range, so thanks! I think I might have to pick one of these up! :lol:

#4 rebsol

rebsol

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

If I had a dremel I might consider using that for an ls integration rather than the shitty front gun. Provided it will fit and could be feasible with its size/cocking mechanism, but if you could it would make for a better integration.
"If you're hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you"
Malcolm Reynolds(Nathan Fillion)

Firefly, the best show ever created.

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

For such a crappy stock gun, 40 feet speaks for its self. Nice job!

Edited by PointBlank, 17 May 2007 - 05:30 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

Yea I wouldn't of imagined that it would go 40 feet.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:14 PM

Nice mod. I might have too pick one up for me. A nice surprise attack weapon.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

What's the use of modding a $15 wrist gun to go 40 ft when you could mod a $5 NF to go 50 ft?

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#9 Daedalin

Daedalin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

Cool factor, of course!

Great writeup. I think I may pick one of these up just to screw around with.
Power Metal Rule Number Twenty-eight
Songs come in two tempos: Metal and Ballad.

#10 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

Great video, way to use the music from the old TV show.

Wally: Because he can. Why $30 on a Longshot and $20 on brass (not to mention the amount of time involved) in order to make a nerf gun that can shoot 100+ feet when you can spend $20 on a Titan and modify it to shoot the same darts 150-200 feet?

Because each gun has a different purpose. And it's fun to modify guns that others have looked at and said "nah, not worth it."
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#11 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

Great video, way to use the music from the old TV show.

Wally: Because he can. Why $30 on a Longshot and $20 on brass (not to mention the amount of time involved) in order to make a nerf gun that can shoot 100+ feet when you can spend $20 on a Titan and modify it to shoot the same darts 150-200 feet?

Because each gun has a different purpose. And it's fun to modify guns that others have looked at and said "nah, not worth it."

I see what you mean, but i'd still get the titan.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#12 Mackenzie

Mackenzie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Wow. I have to agree, that is a pretty good secret shot type of gun. Using two would make it helpful.[font=Arial] :angry: :)

Current weapons:

Rapid fire 20 STOCK (Soon to be modded!)
SIDE ARM: Nite Finder (FULLY MODDED)

Team:

Mackenzie (Automatic Rifleman [Team leader])
Charlie (Grenadier)
Nicole (Marksman)
Brandon (Antitank)

#13 telekinetic

telekinetic

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:33 PM

Wow. I have to agree, that is a pretty good secret shot type of gun. Using two would make it helpful.[font=Arial] :) :)

Wow. 4 posts, 4 revived dead topics. You're batting a thousand today!
Frylock is telekinetic, right?

#14 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Awww man telekinetic. I caught him in 3 of his 4, and you got this last one? Awww man. But good job. I think he will soon get the 9999 special.

Edited by n-strike, 20 July 2007 - 04:45 PM.

kthxbaisend

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

Telekenetic and N-strike, are you guys dumb? Mackenzie's post was on June 5th. Your two posts however are the ones reviving dead topics.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#16 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Okay, looks like we have another problem with members spending their posting time looking to play admin.

Telekinetic is fairly new and productive so we'll leave him with a simple cautionary "that's enough".

N-strike; I don't know what to say. I guess a month wasn't enough time to ponder why we do what we do here, to make NH a good reading forum. You don't need to say anything.

Good on the heads-up, FA_24. I'm humming the Spider-Man TV theme now.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users