Photo

Mav Help

14 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

Ok, so I did a basic A/R removal on my mav, put it back together. And now, the darts don't even come out of the barrel when i fire. How do I fix this?
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

Could you post some pictures?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Could you post some pictures?

The soonest I can have pictures up isn't until the weekend.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#4 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

The same thing happened to me, my advice:
Chuck that piece of shit out the window, Mavs suck.
Get an NF and put in a 1/2'' PVC barrell, it'll do you good.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#5 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

The same thing happened to me, my advice:
Chuck that piece of shit out the window, Mavs suck.
Get an NF and put in a 1/2'' PVC barrell, it'll do you good.

Brilliant. He asks for help with a maverick, and you tell him to get another gun?

The orange circles with the pegs on them? yeah. Clip out the pegs and put them back in. There isn't an air seal otherwise.

Then, just punch out the middles if you want a bit more power, but the circles need to go back in.
~AJAQ~

#6 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

The orange circles with the pegs on them? yeah. Clip out the pegs and put them back in. There isn't an air seal otherwise.

Then, just punch out the middles if you want a bit more power, but the circles need to go back in.

Hmm, thats where i messed up - no circles back in.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#7 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Ok, thanks for the help.
---nerfer75---

#8 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

Did you remove the entire restrictor or did you take off the peg and that piece with the spring and replace the ring of plastic.
If you removed the entire restrictor then when you shoot the air is going into all of the barrels because you've created a gap in between the back of the barrel and the back of the dart joining all of the barrels.
It kind of hard to explain but if you look into one of the holes in the back at an angle you should see that its open.

Why do people always have to post as I am typing!?
Someone already answered the guy and the the guy replied back before I finished my post. I mean what the fuck!

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 16 May 2007 - 02:57 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#9 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

I put the gutted circles back in, but only 3 out of every 6 shots fire. Any suggestions for THIS?
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#10 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

I put the gutted circles back in, but only 3 out of every 6 shots fire. Any suggestions for THIS?

Did you put all of them in?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#11 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

I glued all of them in, all with the same amount of glue, but only every other shot fires. Do you think I should just scrap it for parts?
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#12 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

Do you think I should just scrap it for parts?

No.

Check the rotation of the turret. Make sure it turns fully every time. I'd suggest doing Captain Slug's rotation mod, found in the Modification Directory.

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

Which is here: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8367&hl=
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Alright, my mav is back up and running. Ranges are between 20 and 30 feet. Thanks for the help everyone.
---nerfer75---

#15 hard rockr

hard rockr

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:26 PM

Ok, so I did a basic A/R removal on my mav, put it back together. And now, the darts don't even come out of the barrel when i fire. How do I fix this?

OKay this exact thing happened to me. Open up the gun again, and make sure the end of the plunger is catching on the plastick. It should be right by the rotating chamber. This should solve your problems.
As Slash of GN'R says,"Any one can play guitar, but only the best can succeed."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users