Need Some Help With Modding My Ls

I'm newwwwww

11 replies to this topic

#1 Hexses

Hexses

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Ok, so I know there are tons and tons of posts on modding longshots. But, I haven't found one that really explains step by step on how to get crazy ranges. If someone can direct me to a thread or type something up here that explains, where I cut in the plunger to get the restrictor out, should I add another o-ring and another 3B, etc. I just want nice ranges for now, nothing fancy. Thanks in advance guys.

-EDIT: Can I get a link to specifically the best thing to do to my LS to get better ranges?

Edited by Hexses, 14 May 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:55 PM

Well - welcome to the Haven, firstly.

If you're wanting to start with an LS, go for it, but from what I hear, it's complex with moving parts and such, but if you direct your attention to:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527 or
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527

I'm fairly sure you can find anything you need. But, you should consult ALL the stickies, perhaps with the exception of the pictures thread. While they may not provide LS specific advice, they provide much general info about how to mod, what to use, etc.

Edited by RAMBO, 13 May 2007 - 09:55 PM.

#3 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Modding the LS is a pain. Ive pretty much ruined it.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#4 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

What do you mean "crazy ranges"
Modding the LS will require time and a clear head, let me tell you...and trust me, the simplest thing will not be right, and it will drive you bonkers trying to figure it out. I would find a good photo or take one of what the internals look like in their correct place. It will really, really help when you go back to put it all together. Looking back, I wish I had done that when I first opened mine up.
Where you get the AR out can be found-
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7002
That is a great writeup that I used ( thanks carrtoon!)
I really do suggest you add a o-ring or two btw.
-Tim

Mollasicist- One who makes things PAINFULLY slow for somebody else, like the lady at the checkout line

#5 Hexses

Hexses

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

i mean ranges that aren't 32ft. What's the highest ranges I can get with AR removal and o-ring addition? I'm already very familiar with the internals of the LS, I'm just not too good at cutting, and my dremel only spins, I don't see how I can get in the tube and "dremel" out the AR.

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

You should be opening the plunger tube to get to the AR.

It's so exposed you don't even need to dremel... there's enough room to use wire cutters and clip off 3 pieces of plastic that hold the AR in place. Keep in mind you're not "removing the AR from the front" through the front end of the bolt.

You're opening the plunger chamber, IIRC, and cutting off 3 supports from the back end. The entire thing should just plop out afterwards.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 Hexses

Hexses

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

awesome, thanks, and by the way, what does IIRC mean?

#8 Aran

Aran

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

awesome, thanks, and by the way, what does IIRC mean?

If I recall correctly

#9 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

i mean ranges that aren't 32ft. What's the highest ranges I can get with AR removal and o-ring addition? I'm already very familiar with the internals of the LS, I'm just not too good at cutting, and my dremel only spins, I don't see how I can get in the tube and "dremel" out the AR.

Take out the plunger tube assembly, remove the plunger, and slide the bolt sled all the way back to expose more of the back of the AR. You use a rotary cutting bit (looks like a drill bit, but it will cut with its sides, and KILLS the ARs in any gun) to chop the three prongs, and then pull out the assembly with pilers.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

Look for FA24's mod he did one really nice, it is now a kick-ass LS.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#11 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

i agree man. but forsaken angel is a true god when it comes to nerf modding. The only mod i was man enough to do was the extened clip mod by captain slug. but then again i didnt do anything to the gun itslef. so yeah im to wimpy to go inside. I just stick with easier guns such as the mav and nf.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#12 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

i agree man. but forsaken angel is a true god when it comes to nerf modding. The only mod i was man enough to do was the extened clip mod by captain slug. but then again i didnt do anything to the gun itslef. so yeah im to wimpy to go inside. I just stick with easier guns such as the mav and nf.

No you didn't; here's what you said the same day, different forum thread; from Captain Slug's 12 round clip mod thread in Modifications;

Great job slug. this looks pretty easy is it not? im definetley gonna consider doing this but just incase ill buy a few extra clips first.

Get your story straight if you're going to post here; or better yet, just be truthful.

Even better, slow down on the posting and bringin' stuff back from the past without anything USEFUL to add. Anything beyond 2 weeks is considered an old post.

This is your only warning.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users