Photo

How Much Of Your Life Is Dedicate To Nerf?

27 replies to this topic

Poll: How much of your life is dedicate to nerf? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

How much of your life is dedicate to nerf?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 longshot555

longshot555

• Banned
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

Im about 70%
Newb: Paintball is better than nerf, I mean common there weaker than hell.
Nerfer: Really want to take a shot to the balls with a titan?

Come check out my forum: http://zxnerf.yourfreebb.com

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Just for kicks, let's break down the hours in a week. We have 24*7=168 hours in a week. Now, assuming you are in school, 7*5=35 hours are spent in school, and at least 6*7=42 hours are spent sleeping. Right there, we have a total of 77 hours, which, by my math is nearly 50% of your time. Now, I don't have an extra 20% lying around, but if you do, congrats! :ph34r: . Just joking, but seriously, 70% is neither realistic, nor possible. Even if we were talking about waking hours, we really only have 130 hours for most people on these boards(high school) take off at least 2 hours for eating/showering and we're down to 116 hours. If you spend 70% of this time, honestly, on anything as particular as nerf, I'd say you need help.

I apologize for this - I'm in a statistical analyzation mood right now...

Anywho - I'd go for a conservative estimate of 10%. Since, I can't mod, and admit this to myeslf, so I don't try. I'd say 1 war a month taking 1/30 days, even 2 at 1/15, is less than 10% anyway...

Edit:
Err, didn't see 5%. I'd say that's a much more realistic number for me.

Edited by RAMBO, 13 May 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#3 Bakura

Bakura

• Banned
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

I would say about 80%. I am usually just taking them apart and see their basics. But about 90 % of the time with Nerf I am with my friend havin our own little 1 on 1 Nerf fight. Everyonce in a while we get our neighbors to do it to. I really want to get into and get god at modding.
Life is like a box of chocolates... Dont ask me how.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:28 PM

30% - It's a comparatively cheap hobby for someone that's addicted to machining.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Thrax

Thrax

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

I would have to say about 40%.
Don't hate me cause I'm a genius ^_^

#6 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

~10%. Six hours of play every Friday, plus an hour or two a week modding. I work 40+ hours a week.

#7 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

I just started an Interdisiplinary Studies course. For our first assignment, we have to record what we are doing in .5 hour blocks for 7 days, all 24 hours. As I previously stated there are 168 hours in one week. While many people say they are hardcore nerfers, I'm going to say a liberal number of 25 hours is high to spend on nerfing. This is roughly 1/7 of your time or 15%.

I hate being a stick in the ass about this, but if you're saying anything above 40, and 40% is fucking pushing it, I'm not believing a word that you say, ever. Poll options should range from 1%-10% and then in increments of 5 up to 35, I think, but do what you must.

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

I just started an Interdisiplinary Studies course. For our first assignment, we have to record what we are doing in .5 hour blocks for 7 days, all 24 hours. As I previously stated there are 168 hours in one week. While many people say they are hardcore nerfers, I'm going to say a liberal number of 25 hours is high to spend on nerfing. This is roughly 1/7 of your time or 15%.

I hate being a stick in the ass about this, but if you're saying anything above 40, and 40% is fucking pushing it, I'm not believing a word that you say, ever. Poll options should range from 1%-10% and then in increments of 5 up to 35, I think, but do what you must.

Maybe they are saying that 40% of their free time goes to nerf.

I would say 50% of my free time goes to nerf and the other half goes to my car.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

I'm just guessing he means how much of your waking time you devote to it.

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

Well, the title would indicate your whole life, but if I'm missing part of it, I apologize. Even still, your waking time shouldn't be that much either. I could see a "free time" % being that high though.

#11 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

It really depends on how much "free time" everyone has.

I work between 60-65 hours a week, six days a week.

I sleep 5 hours a night. It's a "type-A" thing...it's enough for me.

I'm studying for licensing in my area of discipline, that takes 3-5 hours a week.

I have things to do around my household, which takes a couple hours a day.

I have a wife and two children, and they need my attention for most of my spare time left over. And I give them that time.

My one hobby (ocean sports, especially fishing), I spend a couple hours a week, if even that...it's just when I find leftover time to do them, I will.

That's why I fool around with colorful plastic toy guns. My kids love them, and so do I. I should, I fix 'em up for them.

That said, I spend probably 1% or less of my time with "dedicated" Nerfing. I just don't have the spare time nor the wherewithal to immerse myself into this thing. Nevertheless, I still crank out a good piece every now and then, and spend a few hours a week on the forums to keep everything pleasant, if not just less nasty.

It's a relative question. Depends entirely on each individual.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#12 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

As for free time, about 40 or 50 percent of my time is nerf. As for my whole day, 20 percent or 15 percent is my pick.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#13 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Pineapple, I just want to say that I love your new picture.

On topic now, I spent a lot of time tuning guns, planning wars, making darts etc. during the school year for my clan, this summer, I've relaxed that a lot.

Next year though, I'm definitely delegating some authority.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

If nerf was my ONLY hobby, it'd be 60-70%, but since I do game design, it's about 30%

30% Nerf
20% Game Design
20% Video Games
25% Friends
5% Other things...

Probably dead by now, or something.

#15 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:03 PM

I think it's very hard to gauge in a poll; like Piney said it's all very relative. That, and there's many aspects of the hobby and sport that are all relevant towards measuring someone's activity within the community.

I think another thing to consider is money, or the allocation of funds towards Nerf. I work very hard during the year and during the summer to get ample funding to fly out to Armageddon, and I also save up gas money for driving to various wars during the year. The people keeping the site alive VIA funding are also very important, as are the contributors and other board members who go through numerous supplies, blasters, and other various sundry items before getting a working version to share with us here on the boards.

Anywho, in conjunction with admin duties here, working and setting money aside for the travel/sport side of things, tinkering with guns, I would have to say about 25% - 35%. The other time is mostly spent with school duties and responsibilities, having a social life, and of course playing video games like most guys do.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#16 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

Well let me see:

Id say how much is DEDICATED TO NERF?-----> 0%
how much i nerf ----------> .02%

let me do a rundown here...

ruling out sleep, school, shopping, and other routine stuff like eating and bathing....

8% wasted sitting at the [bleeepedy bleep bleeeeeeeeeeeeep] grocerystore for my stupid aunt who goes TWO FUCKING TIMES A DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY :angry:

39% talking on the phone with my friends whitney, steph, dave, and a few random others....

1% cleaning the room in which i live

37% videogames/internet

10% shooting airsoft and bb and pelet rifles and working with them

5% looking for the damn remote controls, batteries, or pens and pencils

.0000000000000000000000000000001% drawing shitty art that everyone seems to like for some reason :wacko: :blink: :huh: -_-

and things may chane, such as going to stores, or going to friends and yeah...
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#17 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

Well, let's see, I spend about 62 hours a week on my business, which is what pays for my NERF addiction. I probably spend at the very least thirty minutes but perhaps up to an hour a day online reading NERF articles or looking for new guns to buy (If I see a splitfire or SM 1500 for sale I just have to buy it!) And another hour a day modifying and integrating my guns. Durring the school year I play about twice a month with my friends for about two or three hours. So I'm not sure how that works out in actual percentage, but about 30% I'd say.

#18 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

I'm about 30%. I love doing this but I have other thing's I love too do as well.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#19 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

I'm about 30%. I love doing this but I have other thing's I love too do as well.

If you're talking free time, that's great.
If you're talking waking hours, that's bad.
If you're talking out of 24 hours a day, you have a problem.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#20 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

I put 20%.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#21 Robonerfer1

Robonerfer1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

Free time, About 80. Entire life, about 10.
XBL GT: XPwNaGexDuDex12 add me
QUOTE(OfAllTheNerf @ Mar 29 2008, 04:11 PM) View Post

Yeah, it also helps if your nuts are made of steel. Or atleast as hard as steel, to ensure that you can shoot far enough.

#22 Cats

Cats

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

I'm going with 60%. As ridiculous as that sounds, between school and work. Reading about nerf, thinking about nerf, playing in nerf wars and taking apart guns takes up a lot of my time. Second semester senior year leaves very little to do, so this new hobby is occupying a lot of my life.

#23 Nerf Master 101

Nerf Master 101

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:23 PM

Anywho - I'd go for a conservative estimate of 10%. Since, I can't mod, and admit this to myeslf, so I don't try. I'd say 1 war a month taking 1/30 days, even 2 at 1/15, is less than 10% anyway...

Edit:
Err, didn't see 5%. I'd say that's a much more realistic number for me.

Then why do you have 1086 post on NerfHaven?

More on topic, id say 20-30 percent, i put 20 in the poll.
My Pokemon site: Clicky!

QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 11:43 PM) View Post
I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

#24 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

Note: That's only 1 post per day that I've been registered. Some people have 3+ or even more posts per day.

Granted, I spend a lot of time on the Haven, but, as I said, a conservative estimate for me is 10%.

#25 Grenada

Grenada

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

I voted 5% since school year, I don't have time for much more. Couple that with bad weather and a lack off places for indoor wars, I think you get the picture.
If you Nerf in western washington, PM me

So you see a penguin walking down the street. Looks harmless right, so you keep on walking past him. You turn around to seem him walk away, only to find yourself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users