What Should I Buy?

i just got a ton of money for b-day...

50 replies to this topic

#1 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:19 PM

I just got over 200$ for my b-day and still haven't had the party yet and I was wondering what guns I should buy that are somewhat easy to mod and aren't hard to find. I am new to nerfing so i really don't know what guns i should get. :)
Has anyone ever told you that your a dumb shit?-King Of Butt Land

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#2 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

Well a crossbow is an obvious answer, but a maxshot is more available and almost as good, from what I hear.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#3 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

K thanx

Don't be sorry. Being sorry means you were wrong or you're trying to get fucked. Were you wrong? No. So why do you want to fuck Ted? I've met him; you're making a mistake.-VACC

#4 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:27 PM

While a crossbow is great, I'd also go with a Maxshot. If you break it, you're out 10 bucks rather than 50, or maybe, even more than 50. Spend 30 and get 3 Maxshots, get a Nitefinder or two and save $150.

Edit: Amazon link for Maxshots - http://amazon.com/s/...Go.x=15&Go.y=14 - if you don't want to get 3 guns of the same model, you might get an air gun like the Blast Bazooka(also available through that link). If you spend 25, shipping on Amazon is free FYI.

Also - refrain from using AIM speak/leet speak on the boards please.

Edited by RAMBO, 13 May 2007 - 07:30 PM.

#5 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:32 PM

is the Air Salvo any good. sorry about the aim chat and stuff.I think i'm going to get a Max shot and the bazooka off of Amazon. The mods seem pretty easy and the ranges seem pretty amazing to me. i'm going to start working on all of this kinda stuff this summer considering i'm still in school...

Edited by Flapper12, 13 May 2007 - 07:44 PM.

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

Well, I have not had any experience with the Big Salvo, but from glancing at the mods, I would say it's not as simplistic as the other two guns. It, by nature, being semi-auto, has an advantage over many air guns, but I would say wait until you are more comfortable with modding before getting one.

#7 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

If you are a new modder, then a few nite finders is an excellent start.They are inexpensive, and some of the best and most simplistic guns on the market.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#8 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Savings account.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#9 Gengar003

Gengar003

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:24 PM

Two nite finders, and one of the following:

Big Bad Titan
Big Bad Bow
Blast Bazooka/Big Blast

Modify the nitefinders first. Then do whichever other one you got. If you like it and succeed, go buy whatever you think looks cool. (Longshots are nice.) If you don't, save the rest of your $$$. You'll also need some of it for materials if you intend to modify any of your guns; keep that in mind.

If you're up for a more challenging go of modding, consider the

Longshot
Magstrike

The Maverick doesn't really fall in anywhere, but it just looks cool.

Edited by Gengar003, 13 May 2007 - 10:25 PM.

I bought Kohls.com's last two AirTech 2000s.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Well, what kind of tools do you have now? You can't accomplish anything without tools.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Well, what kind of tools do you have now? You can't accomplish anything without tools.

What do you mean? I do more than 1/2 my mods using nothing more than a screwdriver and a hacksaw.
I sometimes use a hot-glue gun, but all of those are things I have around my house.
If you need a decent tool for modding, I would suggest a Leatherman multi-tool They have (obviously) a pair of pliers (for getting out those pesky AR pins), a screwdriver or two (for opening your blasters) and a knife (for trimming/making AR holes larger). Obviously, I would recommend shopping around for generic/knockoffs at Wal-mart or at Flea markets/garage sales. Also make sure you have a decent saw, you will need it. A lot.
On topic, I would recommend buying a Maverick or Nitefinder. If you find that you are terrible at modding, your only out, what, $15? If you seem to like doing this, buy some 1/2" CPVC from a local hardware store. If you want air guns, buy a Big Blast; they are only $10 at most K-marts. If you can find them (they're also on Amazon) the Lanard Sonic Bazooka is a very good air gun. So is the Air Tech 2000 (AT2K). You might find them at a local Kohls, but don't get your hopes up.
You also really need to make some stefans, so read up on those. I would recommend the Dartsmithing Tips thread.

Edited by commander erik, 13 May 2007 - 11:47 PM.

USA

#12 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

do you think this would be worth buying?Ebay modded nite finder-Mod Man

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

No, you can do that yourself and save at least $5.

#14 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

i guess. I am really lazy and got school going on. I might buy it if i get bored. I'm in the 7th grade almost 8th so i don't got nothing to do this summer cept chill with some people. I'm really enjoying this nerfing stuff. Oh yea and one more thing. If you go to academy sports and outdoors they have this crossbow that shoots plastic darts. It's fun as hell and hurts, good for inside wars if they allow you to use it. :D

#15 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

BBB is a supurb weapon. My first gun was a maverick, my second was a BBB and my thind gun was...... I've never needed a third gun.
+ It's really easy to mod, and it doesn't take much to get it to it's maximum potential.
+ Great range, quick reload (after practice)
+ Durable and light
Get a BBB!
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#16 Flapper12

Flapper12

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

BBB is a supurb weapon. My first gun was a maverick, my second was a BBB and my thind gun was...... I've never needed a third gun.
+ It's really easy to mod, and it doesn't take much to get it to it's maximum potential.
+ Great range, quick reload (after practice)
+ Durable and light
Get a BBB!

Ya i'm going to buy one of of Amazon either today or tommorow

#17 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

I'm in the 7th grade almost 8th

Flapper12, how old are you?
USA

#18 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Whats a BBB and where can I get one? Yes, I'm quite a noob...

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#19 commander erik

commander erik

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

A BBB is a Big Bad Bow. It is a spring-powered rifle. Many people mod theirs to fire micros. Use the Search feature or check the mods directory to find what you are looking for.
You can find them at Targed for $20 (US).
USA

#20 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:06 PM

Big Bad Bow.

Posted Image

Target.

#21 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

How effective is that really? It seems it'd work fine if you could fire stefans, but it doesn't appear that you can do so.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#22 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

You mod it, of course. Here's a basic barrel mod and Angel's mod.

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Happy Birthday from NerfHaven!

Hey, how old are you now? :)

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

Airtech 2000 are good.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#25 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

just me, but I'd buy a Longshot and mod the shit out of it. Chuck Norris couldn't touch my CS-6. the thing is a beast and still has a long way to go before it's finished. go with the longshot.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users