Sm 1500 Repair

Problem with pump (same as at2k)

4 replies to this topic

#1 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

Below is a poor paint illustration of my problem (I can't find the usb cord for my digital camera).

Posted Image

Through some overly rough handling of the pump while I was repairing my SuperMaxx 1500, the plastic chamber connecting the pump chamber to the vinyl tubing snapped in half. There is a similar piece on the at2k and most other at and sm guns. I tried repairing it by gluing them with silicon glue and bracing it with a thin piece of brass tubing, but it only works for about two pumps. At about four pumps the silicon glue loses its seal. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to repair this or know of any other glue/epoxy that can hold up to about sixty psi? Oh yeah, I also tried e-taping after I glued it for extra support. I'm also trying to find a way to possibly just afix the tubing to the bottom half, but I don't of any glue that would hold it there. Would a small jubilee work? Any suggestions?

Edited by imaseoulman, 10 May 2007 - 08:11 PM.

#2 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

Try the same method you already tried but instead of silicone use Plumbers Goop. It can be found at most hardware stores and I even got mine at Wal mart.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

Try the same method you already tried but instead of silicone use Plumbers Goop. It can be found at most hardware stores and I even got mine at Wal mart.

I've got some plumbers goop. I haven't had good luck with it in the past, but I wasn't using it for what it's really meant. Thanks, I'll give that a try!

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

Plumber's Goop, epoxy, plastic cement, hot glue (probably not the best choice here), superglue (be careful, not all brands stick well to plastic), and Fishin' Glue are all fine adhesives, and it pays to have some of each or at least three different ones on hand for mods and repairs like this.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

= epoxy some tubing that you can wrap around it to form a new and stronger seal.

AA
Indiana '11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users