This is simply an optional attachment that hooks up to the tank input fitting I added previously. What I did is as follows.
1. Drill a small hole (1/8") in the rear of the Titan blast chamber.
2. Widen the hole using a hobby knife. Trying to drill it to a larger size with a standard bit would be dangerous.
3. Install and epoxy an instant tube fitting (part# 9087K11) into the hole once it is wide enough.
4. Cut 4 3-1/2" lengths of PETG
5. Make two frame pieces with four 9/16" holes and one 1-17/32" hole. I made mine out of 1/8" thickness grey PVC sheet.
Here is the template I made: http://www.captainslug.com/nerf/vt.doc
6. Glue the PETG barrels, hornet blast chambers, and frame pieces together
7. Use metric barbed tube fittings to couple all of the blast chambers together.
<- Mcmaster part# 2429K53
8. Use some 4mm ID 6mm OD Tubing (part# 51825K43) to run a line from the hornet blast chambers to the Titan blast chamber.
9. To adapt the metric tubing size to 1/4" OD tubing by using a 4mm metric barbed tube coupler, and then shoving some rigid polyethylene tubing onto the other end (part# 5180K75).
<- Mcmaster part# 2429K37
If you want to be able to remove the attachment without opening the gun you will simply need a coupler...
<- Mcmaster part# 9087K61
a short length of more flexible tubing to go inbetween the Titan blast chamber and the coupler (Mcmaster part# 9446K261) and a stem plug to put in the coupler when the Volley attachment is disconnected. (Mcmaster part# 5779K54)
This took me maybe 20 minutes to make and all 4 barrels fire instantly after the main barrel of the titan due to how their valve system works. They also do not effect the range of the main barrel whether they have a dart loaded in them or not.
They do however add a measure of volume to the gun and therefore it will take longer to prime both together using the stock pump. But what you end up with is a shotgun attachment where you don't have to load all of the barrels in order for it to function.
8" CPVC Main barrel range: 90-120 feet
Quad 3" Hornet barrel attachment: 30-50 feet
Edited by CaptainSlug, 13 January 2008 - 11:42 AM.