New To Forums And Wondering?

15 replies to this topic

#1 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

hi
ive been hangin around here reading a bit. and i got interested. my name comes from the fact that most of my guns come no darts and from a donations thrift store. my arsenal is all unmodded and as follows
THE OK AND GOOD
1rototrack
1arrowstorm
1big bad bow
1vortex tornado x2(no ammo ^_^ )
1magstrike
2nite finders
1ratchet blast
1hornet
1maverick
1firefly
1pulsator
THE BAD
1master blaster
1sling-shot

1 other thing. are there any serious nerfers in seattle area if so pleaeaeas tell me

#2 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but please use capitalization.

That looks like a nice arsenal you should have fun modifying it. If you need darts, the sticky titled "Dartsmithing Tips" will instruct you on making your own that work even better than the originals. I guess you're sort of out of luck for Vortex rings, though.

Welcome to the forums, and happy nerfing!

#3 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

Looks like a pretty good arsenal. Some nice classics in there such as the Ratchetblast, Arrowstorm, and Rototrack.

Some of your best bets for new firepower are the Nitefinders, Big Bad Bow (BBB or 3B), and Hornet. The Firefly and Maverick are decent guns as well.

As for your vortex tornados... I've been looking to buy some *whistle*. I don't mind taking them off your hands... heheheh (I plan on using them as Sci-fi props).

Anyhow, you might want to head on over to the Modification forums and take a good look at the stickied "Modifications directory" at the top.
Link: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

As far as looking for serious nerfers, you might want to check out this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5739

Edited by frost vectron, 09 May 2007 - 11:21 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#4 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:19 PM

No offense taken and i mean the small green vortex and i would be glad to take some rings off your hands

Edited by used man, 09 May 2007 - 11:21 PM.

#5 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:26 PM

Oh, I see. The sci-fi prop I'm trying to replicate is based off the full purple rifle.

I don't have many rings myself... your best bet is to search on Ebay every now and then... sometimes they pop up (but they are pretty rare). You might want to hang onto your Vortex x2 for now... who knows what mods people are working on.... ^_^

#6 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

I think a good idea would be to make a topic on the trading section. Title it Desprately in need of vortex rings

#7 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hey nice arsonal. Also I live in Port Orchard WA. Me and my group of 6 (including me) are having a war soon. My friend Retiate will post about the war later. Also any wars that you might have we would be happy to go to.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

That's a pretty decent group of guns. If you're interested in selling some of your rototrack chains shoot me a PM.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 Jergling

Jergling

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

There is a writeup on homemade votex rings. You can make your own if you're willing to spend the time on it. Sorry, no link to it (but it is on this forum)
Save the NOOB, now declared an indangered species by the department of the redundancy department!

#10 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

I think a good idea would be to make a topic on the trading section. Title it Desprately in need of vortex rings

Or you could check Ebay, though they tend to be pretty overpriced there.

There is a writeup on homemade votex rings. You can make your own if you're willing to spend the time on it. Sorry, no link to it (but it is on this forum)

Here's the link if you still need it.
They were proven to be very effective (close, if not same ranges as stock rings).

And Like Heirarchy said, we would definitely be interested in attending any wars in Washington, and we are hosting one in not too long.

#11 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Thank you i searched in the forums but got nothing

#12 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

And about the war... I first would like to know what age group you guys are in? cause im only around 13.

#13 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

The vortex ring is something I haven't seen made before...

The thread is like a billion years old, so I'll post this here:

I think you can use plastidip instead of electrical tape. A few layers might make the ring thick and robust enough to last longer (I'm talking about the dipping variation of the plastidip, not the spray-on version. That shit is weak.).

#14 IN-THE-DARK

IN-THE-DARK

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

I live in Kirkland Washington, and I'm 14 years old.

#15 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

About the war my group consists of one 12 year old, three 14 year old ( one of them is me), one 15 year old (thats Retiate), and a 16 year old. You would be at a good age for the war. Oh and IN-THE-DARK you would be a good age as well. Again Retiate will be posting about the war later.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#16 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

thats great!!!!
-_- :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users