Permission For Usage Of Information

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hiro

Hiro

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Dear whom it may concern,

I am writing to you all to ask permission to use some of the information on this site, mostly modifications, on my persuasave presentation in my English Freshmen class on You Should Play Nerf. Some of you I already asked if you agree or disagree please just reply to this topic, you will be given credit on my work cited page and in my presentation.

Sincerely and Thank you,

Hiro (Jonathan Dato)

#2 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

These ideas are shared so people can copy and use them, but some of the more custom mods (Angel Breech for the LS, etc.) will probably merit credit in your paper. Also, you may conveniently want to leave out the fact that Titans, X-bows, and Big Blasts all break skin even at long ranges.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

I am writing to you all to ask permission to use some of the information on this site, mostly modifications, on my persuasive presentation in my English Freshmen class on You Should Play Nerf. Some of you I already asked if you agree or disagree please just reply to this topic, you will be given credit on my work cited page and in my presentation.

I don't think anyone has any objections, especially considering your aim is to persuade people to take interest in our shared obsession. But you may want to give credit where credit is due by using citations and references anyways.
Makes for a better paper and presentation.

http://library.osu.e...uides/apagd.php
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

You'd probably be pressed to include the fact that what we do to the blasters (i.e. modifications) are neither recommended nor endorsed by the Hasbro Corporation, despite the fact that the modified Nerf subculture and community exists and (somewhat) thrives, with Hasbro's knowledge (as in chiefthe and any other members/ lurkers who are part of Hasbro's Nerf product team.)

Just to keep your paper on the up and up, from a legality perspective. You're not writing a paper on how to make meth, or how to make a pipe-bomb, but who knows in this litigation-crazy society ("You showed my son how to fix up his Nerf gun, and now he shot his eye out! Sue job!"), who knows.

Unless stated otherwise by the site owners/founders, I personally don't see anything amiss with using NerfHaven as an information reference, provided it's included in your paper's bibliography.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

While I doubt anyone has objections, I highly recommend you ask individual people based on each ¨article" you intend to use, just in case. Someone could easily submit a copyright, file a copyright infringement claim, (easier if you put it online, file DMCA infringement), and your school may not be so happy.

But hey, I just read the article about the DMCA takedown of the fake ID.

Edit: Oh, a paper. Probably just bibliography it and itś okay?

-Crank´

Edited by Crankymonky, 09 May 2007 - 05:07 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#6 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

Like Captain Slug said just give credit were credit is due. If you need a website for a bibliography I could post a link, same goes for anyone else who wants it. And also take Pineys advice also state what we do to the blasters and that we are doing so at our own risk. I've written enough of these things to give many pages of advice but I won't bore you so... ya. If your writing anything from like a magazine article or website about nerf be sure to give credit in the same sentence next to the mentioning of it in parenthesis.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users