Photo

Wooden Buttstock(s)

12 replies to this topic

#1 david scothern

david scothern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:41 AM

OK, long time no post. I'll get straight to it; I have a homemade carved wooden stock. It looks quite good. I'm open to offers if anyone feels it would suit their latest creation. If there's interest then I can make more; each one would be individual, so by all means send me an image of the shape you're looking for.

It's currently on a Tippmann 98 paintball gun body:
Posted Image

Edited by david_scothern, 07 May 2007 - 03:44 AM.

#2 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

Very nice design, but you should put a thread in the trading forum also.
Check out NerfNation

#3 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

I did that sort of thing to my Splitfire a good year ago mine was in the shape of a carbine.
VEry Nice job though it looks clean and sexy, hey are tippmanns worth it?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#4 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

any interest in making one for my longshot?

yes, tippmanns are worth it

Edited by The Hellforger, 07 May 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#5 david scothern

david scothern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

any interest in making one for my longshot?

By all means... post a sketch of what you're looking for and I'll try to estimate how long it would take. Also if you've any measurements of the part that would interface with the LS itself, that would be ideal.

As for the Tippy, it's a shell I acquired for a project that didn't come off. I've never had this one in working order - though I have all the parts. I've used them as site guns and have no complaints; mind you, I've never used anything better. If you're starting out in paintball then they're that cheap now I doubt you can go far wrong.

#6 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:38 PM

I'f you can give me a price quote on how much it would cost, I could send you the actual longshot stock. I would just like it to be a semi thumbhole stock ( you would have to make an extension on the bottom that curves back to the grip) and I would like an extra inch of length from what the factory stock has.

LMK what you think

#7 david scothern

david scothern

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

I'f you can give me a price quote on how much it would cost, I could send you the actual longshot stock. I would just like it to be a semi thumbhole stock ( you would have to make an extension on the bottom that curves back to the grip) and I would like an extra inch of length from what the factory stock has.

LMK what you think

I'd be keen, but on second thoughts the problem is that the longshot's stock is full of mechanism; once I'd hollowed the stock out enough for it to fit there'd be no strength left in it. :)

#8 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Damn, it's amazing what you can do with a Tippmann 98. Looks like a 1928 thompson submachine gun, that thing is pretty sexy I must say.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#9 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

LMK what you think

I'd be keen, but on second thoughts the problem is that the longshot's stock is full of mechanism; once I'd hollowed the stock out enough for it to fit there'd be no strength left in it. -_-

I'd like it, I'm just tired of getting busted in the face with my scope because my stock slides forward when it shouldn't

#10 monkey with a nf

monkey with a nf

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Actually, I think it looks more like a PPSh-41 than a Thompson, just because of the drum mag...

Also, if the stock was screwed onto the LS body, would it really matter how strong it was? You'd just have to be careful with it during installation.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Sep 12 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

For maximum efficiency?

1. Pump up. Count how many pumps.

2. Keep going until you hear a loud "bang".

3. Subtract one pump from the total. Rebuild your air bladder.

There you go.

#11 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Actually, I think it looks more like a PPSh-41 than a Thompson, just because of the drum mag...

PPSh-41's didn't have a foregrip or a pistol grip with its stock. You just hold onto the magazine and it has a traditional semi-pistol grip stock.

Just my $0.02.

It's currently on a Tippmann 98 paintball gun body:
Posted Image

It would have been sweet if you had put finger grooves in the front grip. Nice work nonetheless.

Edited by Paloose, 12 May 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#12 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

I'd like it, I'm just tired of getting busted in the face with my scope because my stock slides forward when it shouldn't

I understand that someone (ForsakenAngel?) had success in keeping their LS stock from collapsing by putting PVC pipes in the cavity.

#13 The Hellforger

The Hellforger

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

I understand that someone (ForsakenAngel?) had success in keeping their LS stock from collapsing by putting PVC pipes in the cavity.

Yeah, I saw that and did it. But I still want one of these wooden butstocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users