Magfire Vs Wildstrike Pt. 2 (pics Vids)

11 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

I decided to start a new topic. On my wildfire mod. I dont know if I should have or not but oh well.

Forget everything I said before. That mod nearly broke my wildfire. But I did a new mod that is just as good and I have picks for it.

All you need to do is replace that cracked piece with the one in your magstrike. Replace the Wildfire bladder with the Magstrike bladder. Add some rubber bands around the piston. You can add the RF20 backing if you want to but it only adds about 5 ft to your shot. And last CPVC the barrels

Please Note the photos and videos were taken before the CPVC barrels were added.

This mod is encredibly easy to do and is a lot of fun. And the results are awesome!!! It gets between 60-75ft.

I dont know whether to call it a Magfire 20 or Wildstrike 20
It looks like a normal Wildfire from the outside, but the inside kicks!!!
Here are the internals
Posted Image

Next the Rf20 backing on the turret

Posted Image

Cracked piece

Posted Image

Cracked piece replaced

Posted Image

Magstrike blader infladed at 20 pumps

Posted Image

Rubberbands to increase range

Posted Image

The CPVC'd Barrels.

Posted Image

Here are the Videos

Third person from around 50 ft Recorded with my camera.

Posted Image

Same thing but with my sisters camera from closer up and recorded by her. THANK YOU SISTER

Posted Image

Overall
If you have a broken Magfire and a crappy Wildfire sitting somewhere in your garage. Get em out. Mod em. and you can have a 70ft full auto gun that kicks A**

Ill try to get more videos out if I can.

Dont ask about the Jubile clip I tried that but the preasure is too high and the bladder is too thick.

Edited by nerfnerd88, 05 June 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#2 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

OK, so mabey you did do it, but I don't see how it improved. I thought it shot that way last time I was at your house.

Edit: Jeez.... How come nobody ever posts in this guys topic after I have?

Edited by DarkInfection, 07 May 2007 - 06:20 AM.

#3 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

I dont know what you dont get about this mod?
Ive gotten messages from people wondering what in the heck Im saying!!!

I Just put a magstrike bladder in replace of the wildfire bladder. Replaced that piece that holds down the bladder. Added back half of a RF20 Barrell to the front of the Wildfire barrell. Added some rubberbands to the piston. And CPVC'd the barrel. Now why cant you understand that!?@

Edited by nerfnerd88, 05 June 2007 - 03:08 PM.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Edit: Jeez.... How come nobody ever posts in this guys topic after I have?

Because his posts are not straight forward or coherent. You know what he's talking about because you have either seen it or talked to him about it in person.

I wasn't even sure what the hell he was talking about until I looked at EVERY PICTURE and I'm sure I only know because I could deduce it myself from having taking the magstrike apart so many times that I know what all the parts look like.

Now why cant you understand that!?@

Because you didn't say it to begin with. Please be more concise and mindful of the quality of your posts and fewer people will be left totally confused by your vagueness.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 07 May 2007 - 08:59 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

Good mod, but one thing I noticed in the second video...

Despite the barrage of 20 darts, only one scored a "hit" on the Dart Tag vest. So the impression I got was that you get increased firepower...if you can hit your target :lol: .

Just kidding around. It's a fine modification.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

Im thinking about trying the RF20 Piston mod on my WildStrike20, thats what I have decided to call it. If you can get me any more info about a piston mod that would work well I would greatly love it. Also at 53ft "Me to the Vest in the video" It has about a 2.5 foot spread. Also Im going to try to Pegt Mod the barrell.

PS. Sorry if its not straight forward content I put it in the best words and pictures as I could. When I post the finished mod I will also have a video for you that is direct with me showing you how everything works and how I did it.

Edited by nerfnerd88, 05 June 2007 - 03:07 PM.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:56 PM

Vary sweet mod.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:58 AM

You know, if you nested 17/32" brass in the stock barrels, (you would have to use caulk) you would get an extra 10-15 feet... My friends RF20 is brassed, and even though it is about 1/2 a pound heavier, it is much more consistent, and gets ranges around 60-65.

Great mod. I wouldn't be surprised if we could make rf20s and wildfires shoot 70', with a lot of tweaking...

-Sharpie
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#9 Robonerfer1

Robonerfer1

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

Here's a piston mod I found. http://www.freewebs.com/mmmich/ It looks hard, though. :unsure:
XBL GT: XPwNaGexDuDex12 add me
QUOTE(OfAllTheNerf @ Mar 29 2008, 04:11 PM) View Post

Yeah, it also helps if your nuts are made of steel. Or atleast as hard as steel, to ensure that you can shoot far enough.

#10 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

Where I live there is no stores that sell the right size PEGT. And I dont want to drive 78 miles to a larger hardware store only for them not to have any.

Edited by nerfnerd88, 05 June 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#11 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

Well Micheal, brass is heavier, but will come in more sizes. Cpvc is lighter, but is a really tight fit on darts. just choose one that you think will fit better.

#12 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Sorry for the confusion I just thought I would combine the last and first parts of the mod. And I did not PEGT the barrels. The mod is Finished

Edited by nerfnerd88, 05 June 2007 - 03:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users