Photo

Seals Nf Mod

15 replies to this topic

#1 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

First post!!! Ok this was the first mod i did on my own without copying anyone!!!(sorry no pics cant find my camera but is is reasonably easy to understand)
materials:
A Nite Finder EX-3
a Firefly REV-8
a small phillips head screw driver
a bit of free time

READ THIS FIRST!!! This mod requires the spring of the firefly, if you want to keep it then don't attempt this mod!!!

first open up your NF and take out the barrel. remove the peg air restrictor and spring. Next take out the plunger mech. Ok now time to work with the Firefly. Take out the screws. Now unscrew the plunger and remove it. now remove the spring and the O-ring. Put the o ring on the plunger thing next to the one in the NF. Now unscrew the O-Ring thing and take it off. Put the Firefly spring on there too. Screw the O-ring thing back on there and put the plunger system back together. Don't forget to screw it back in! Now do whatever you want to the gun.
Congrats it is finished!!!!!!

criticism? comments? questions?

~FS

Edited by futureseal, 06 May 2007 - 03:58 PM.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

First post!!! Ok this was the first mod i did on my own without copying anyone!!!(sorry no pics cant find my camera but is is reasonably easy to understand)
materials:
A Nite Finder EX-3
a Firefly REV-8
a bit of free time

READ THIS FIRST!!! This mod requires the spring of the

i will finish later gtg

Okay, a couple things, futureseal.

I) I'm going to assume this is your first discussion forum you joined. This isn't a chat room or AIM.

Either finish the post, or save it until you're complete in thought and method, then post.

I usually do all my instructional/ long-winded posts on MS Word, then copy and paste into NH when it's complete, including all the picture links.

II) We don't take kindly to AIM-speak around these parts. Please refreain from using such abbreviations.

And there's no need for so many exclamation points. We know you're excited to be on NerfHaven, but you need not blow a gasket, mess your pants, or anything.

Don't need to edit this post. Make a new one when you've got it all together. Pictures would be cool, too.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

materials:
A Nite Finder EX-3
a Firefly REV-8
a bit of free time

READ THIS FIRST!!! This mod requires the spring of the

i will finish later gtg

Okay, a couple things, futureseal.

I) I'm going to assume this is your first discussion forum you joined. This isn't a chat room or AIM.

Either finish the post, or save it until you're complete in thought and method, then post.

I usually do all my instructional/ long-winded posts on MS Word, then copy and paste into NH when it's complete, including all the picture links.

II) We don't take kindly to AIM-speak around these parts. Please refreain from using such abbreviations.

And there's no need for so many exclamation points. We know you're excited to be on NerfHaven, but you need not blow a gasket, mess your pants, or anything.

Don't need to edit this post. Make a new one when you've got it all together. Pictures would be cool, too.

-Piney-

ok sorry i will keep that in mind.
~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#4 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

It really sucks that we will never see any videos of this.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#5 CAP Blue Beret

CAP Blue Beret

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Ok now time to work with the Firefly. Take out the screws. Now unscrew the plunger and remove it. now remove the spring and the O-ring. Put the o ring on the plunger thing next to the one in the NF. Now unscrew the O-Ring thing and take it off. Put the Firefly spring on there too. Screw the O-ring thing back on there and put the plunger system back together. Don't forget to screw it back in! Now do whatever you want to the gun.
Congrats it is finished!!!!!!

criticism? comments? questions?

~FS

Question: Did you mean put the Fire Fly spring on with the NF spring, or without?

Edited by (CAP)_Blue_Beret, 07 May 2007 - 10:20 AM.

Check out NerfNation

#6 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Put the Firefly spring on there too.

too = also :P

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#7 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:14 PM

Let me get this straight.

You bought a $6 NF and a $20 FireFly.

You removed the spring and o-ring from the firefly, and put them into your nitefinder. The consequences follow:

Your Firefly is non-firable.
After 50 shots, your nitefinder case will explode and also become non-firable.

:lol:

Here's a mod for you. Take your Firefly spring and o-ring out of the Nitefinder, put it back into your firefly. Go to a hardware store, buy a new spring for $2 and a new o-ring for a fraction of a dollar, put those into your Nitefinder and enjoy TWO nerfguns at the same time.

You can try ACE Hardware supply stores and simply go to the spring cabinet. If you doubt your ability to find the correct spring, bring the old NF spring and ASK them for similar-sized springs. As for the o-ring, just measure how big the NF o-ring is and get one out of the o-ring cabinet. Don't forget to pay on your way out.

Edited by frost vectron, 07 May 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

the #49 spring works wonders. I think its a #20 o-ring, but I'm not positive.

#9 Guhvna

Guhvna

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

I think I am going to buy a #49 spring for my NF as well. I know some people say it is too strong while some say it isn't, but do you think it would be fine to not use a high level of reinforcement? I can understand using metal and stuff, but I am not in a position to apply things such as that in modifications :rolleyes:

I have found that a #14 O-Ring fits pretty well in a NF. I am not experienced at all so there may be better, but I read a post where someone suggested those dimensions and I found the number.

#10 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

After seeing a #49 spring recommended elsewhere, I've been looking for one, but I haven't seen that numbering system in use. What retailers use that system? Google and McMaster searches turned up nothing useful.

#11 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Ace Hardware uses that kind of numbering.

You could probably find any spring using 4 dimensions:

Spring length (uncompressed)
Wire Gauge
Spring Outer-Diameter
Distance between coils

Personally I don't know what these numbers are for the #49 spring though.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#12 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

I use the Handyman Springs from Home Depot, they don't need to be cut down at all, and they work great. And they come in a pack of two.
Dimensions for the Handyman Springs:
7/8" x 4" x .080
So anything with dimensions around there should work just fine.

#13 puky

puky

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:50 AM

I use the Handyman Springs from Home Depot, they don't need to be cut down at all, and they work great. And they come in a pack of two.
Dimensions for the Handyman Springs:
7/8" x 4" x .080
So anything with dimensions around there should work just fine.

I found one of those springs at Home Depot today and decided to use it to ressurect a NF (pulled the spring out of my NF to put it in my LS) and i had a hell of a time trying to fit it all in, so I trimmed about 4 cm off and i feel like it's going to cause my NF to explode every time i shoot it.

#14 wallymaniac

wallymaniac

• Banned
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

Better just to put in a pvc barrel, it's a lot less complex. I guess that's what some people look for in modding though.

I was playing with my titan, and I found my dads shotgun shells. The shottyshell shot fine but when it hit that rock it exploded.

You should have shot at yourself. You would have won a Darwin Award.

#15 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

I found one of those springs at Home Depot today and decided to use it to ressurect a NF (pulled the spring out of my NF to put it in my LS) and i had a hell of a time trying to fit it all in, so I trimmed about 4 cm off and i feel like it's going to cause my NF to explode every time i shoot it.

I didn't do any trimming to the spring, I just kind of pushed it all in then screwed it together.
The spring will put a lot more stress on your gun, I'd suggest reinforcing it somehow. For my Nitefinder, I found a circular piece of craft foam that fit over the plunger head perfectly. Just glued that on, and it's held up just fine, I've had for quite some time now too.
I also have one of those springs in my Longshot and it's working pretty good.

#16 puky

puky

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

I didn't do any trimming to the spring, I just kind of pushed it all in then screwed it together.
The spring will put a lot more stress on your gun, I'd suggest reinforcing it somehow. For my Nitefinder, I found a circular piece of craft foam that fit over the plunger head perfectly. Just glued that on, and it's held up just fine, I've had for quite some time now too.
I also have one of those springs in my Longshot and it's working pretty good.
[/quote]

oooh foam.. that sounds better than the metal plate i was going to use. quieter too. stealth kill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users