Photo

Farmageddon 07 Planning Thread

3 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:42 PM

Alright, It's time to start planning for FARMageddon.

What? Farmageddon

Where? Davenport or Bettendorf, Iowa

When? June/First week of July?

Why? To have fun nerfing

As for what to bring and what not to bring, I'm gona have to quote cx.

Bring:

* Nerf guns!
* Lots of darts
* Water
* Sunscreen
* Eye protection
* Good attitude
* Friends

Don't Bring:

* Homemades
* Dangerous darts
* Incindiary devices
* Cheaters

I assume we all know the difference between homemades and nerf/other foam shooting guns?
But yes I decided not to allow homemades in an effort to keep this an annual Nerf war. Feel free to showcase you homemades at the war if you'd like, but not for actual use.

I don't think we really need a lunch break if we start around 12, so eat before the war. You may bring snacks or other food if you'd like. I'll try and bring a cooler of water/ gatorade for those who want.

I've got one location in mind already. It's a park inside of the city. Has playground, lots of trees, restrooms, and tables. I'll also be able to "reserve" the location so we don't have to worry about other people being there. I'll keep looking for other locations too and post pictures.

If anyone has any further questions, regarding hotels, or the like in the area feel free to pm/aim me. There's a Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Toys R us, and other stores if you need to make last minute preperations for the war.

As for rules/war games I'm not sure. I'm thinkng Team Deathmatch with a set number of lives, maybe a few pistol rounds, and some capture the flag. Post any other ideas too.

So post which dates are good, whether you can come, and the like.

#2 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:35 PM

Count me in. I have to make this. How about hotels? Any close. Don't have to be cheap.
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#3 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

SPANO/NO SPAM looks like it will be either the last weekend in June of the first weekend in July, so If you'd like a higher attendance, you should have it not then.

#4 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

Again, it would be a stretch for the Northern Minnesotans. Especially since it's around SPANO, I'm not sure how my crew would fare driving almost 1000 miles back and forth between the two wars. It sounds like it'd be fun and all, but it all depends on time and money.

The only chance I see of getting the interest to make it, is if for some reason I can't get my clan to SPANO. So this one would be doubtful to make. It's on my mind though.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users