Smoke Bombs

for nerf wars

25 replies to this topic

#1 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

I just found this smoke bombswhile looking for air soft supplies. They come in any size and shape. Perfect for making a grand entrance or for just confusing the shit out of your opponents. Don't know if this is practical or not just thought I should share and see what every one thinks.

Edited by nerfsharpie6, 04 May 2007 - 05:07 PM.

We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#2 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

If I'm not mistaken I believe there was a write-up for them on here somewhere... Let me try to find it...

Yep, here ya go:

http://nerfhaven.com...2&hl=smoke bomb

Be careful, though...

#3 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

I found those before I came to the haven. I was interested in explosives and home defense. I figured out how you make one that weighs roughly 8 pounds and could burn for 9 minutes. I lost all the work though.

#4 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

wow a 9 pound smoke bomb,lots of smoke
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#5 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

wow a 9 pound smoke bomb,lots of smoke

Yea way to much smoke though. Got in an ass load of trouble.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

No thanks. You go to a Nerf War to shoot people, not to pretend to be a ninja.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

Ha ha ya funny. I just figured since apoc or 'gedon are sometimes filmed by the people there it would funny to see this happen at the beginning or something. And who said anything about "pretending to be a ninja".

#8 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

As long as the owner of the property and all of the nerfers are okay with it, why not? It sounds like fun to me.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

As long as the owner of the property and all of the nerfers are okay with it, why not?

That's just it. The vast majority of Nerf Wars are not held of private property and setting of smoke bombs at an elementary school or park is not the kind of attention we want to attract.

Save it for when you can play on land you own.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 07 May 2007 - 05:07 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, the last thing you want is police or the fire department being called in to investigate the smoke, and finding a bunch of people with black-paint guns running around. Notify EVERYONE if you're going to light this shit off.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#11 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:11 PM

So do u think it would be posible to launch this out of a nerf gun? :)
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#12 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

You could do it with a Titan or a homemade, but it's stupid to shoot flaming, smoking bricks at people, fragile objects, or flammable surfaces.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#13 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

That would be pretty awesome if you could shoot them out of a gun. It would be a great decoy.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#14 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

You could do it with a Titan or a homemade, but it's stupid to shoot flaming, smoking bricks at people, fragile objects, or flammable surfaces.

I am not that stupid. I wasn't thinking about shooting people, just across a field and waching the smoke.

Edited by PointBlank, 05 May 2007 - 09:28 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#15 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

That would be easy. Just make a normal moded titan but have like a 1 inch piece of pvc on it to shoot it.

#16 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

I found those before I came to the haven. I was interested in explosives and home defense. I figured out how you make one that weighs roughly 8 pounds and could burn for 9 minutes. I lost all the work though.

Eight pounds + 9 minutes of flame=Smokey the Bear coming to your house to maul you for incinerating a park.

If there is even a small amount of dry brush in the area where you set that thing off and just a mild breeze, you have the makings of a fire that could destroy alot of forest and endanger alot of lives. I have a design for a smoke bomb that was taught to me by a friend of mine that performs sideshow stunts. His burns for about 1-2 seconds and produces a smoke burst that dissipates after about 10 seconds, just enough time to maybe pull off a shot while everyone else is confused, but I will still never use it in a Nerf war. Why? Because smoke isn't Nerf.

The design that I have can be, but only out of a custom barrel that wouldn't rip the outer material of the bomb, but I wouldn't as the core of the bomb, if it hits someone, will really hurt. It is meant for primarily throwing at your feet. The core is a glass marble. After the bomb is activated, if it was fired from a gun, it could ricochet and hurt someone.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#17 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

Are smoke bombs even legal in wars?

#18 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Are smoke bombs even legal in wars?

1.) Depends on who's warring, and what their preferences are.

2.) Wow guys... just wow. In some wars, it might be possibly practical. But in every war I've been to, the practicality of having a big-ass smoke bomb is next to nil. Sure, other people will have a hard time hitting you. You will have a hard time hitting them as well. It would be like watching blind kids play dodgeball in gym class. The whole point of warring is to flip shit and diddle your opponents. I would have much less fun doing so if I was half blind.

3.) The whole concept is just plain novelty. Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in smoke bombs and all that shit too, but applying something like that would be tough. If you get out and attend a war and shock us all with your tricks, I will allow you one free kick to my ass.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#19 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

Yes that is true, Its just if I use one I dont want to be harrased about it. (Sorry if i spelled harrased wrong not sure how its spelled.)

#20 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

What badger said makes sense. Smoke bombs, or any similar pyrotechnic devices are serious fire hazards. Also, they are dangerous to any one not used to handling them. Furthermore, as with any home made device, they are unreliable; this means that they could, one:not work, or two: make a rather large explosion. I'm sure that most people could make smoke bombs safely, but if one person mixes the wrong chemicals, or anything else, someone is going to get hurt. I think that the main problem is the "what are you crazy kids doing?" factor. As Captain Slug said, I do not think that people (especially the police or fire department) would approve of us setting off smoke bombs.
And as for shooting them out of a gun? Well sure, let's shoot burning chunks of chemicals at each other. I think it would be cool to do, but unfortunately, it's just too dangerous.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#21 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Well now I'm sorry for making this topic. You have sufficiently killed me and would the mods or admins please close this topic. Just put a bullet in its deformed skull.

#22 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

I think the only place smoke bombs would really work is if you were in a heavly wooded area.

#23 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

Eight pounds + 9 minutes of flame=Smokey the Bear coming to your house to maul you for incinerating a park.

If there is even a small amount of dry brush in the area where you set that thing off and just a mild breeze, you have the makings of a fire that could destroy alot of forest and endanger alot of lives. I have a design for a smoke bomb that was taught to me by a friend of mine that performs sideshow stunts. His burns for about 1-2 seconds and produces a smoke burst that dissipates after about 10 seconds, just enough time to maybe pull off a shot while everyone else is confused, but I will still never use it in a Nerf war. Why? Because smoke isn't Nerf.

I think the only place smoke bombs would really work is if you were in a heavly wooded area.

Did you miss the part in my post where any type of incendiary-style smoke bomb WILL cause a fire in wooded areas? Did you also miss the point that it will piss off the authorities? The only place I see that you can use smoke bombs is if you own the field you are playing on, you know all the cops and firemen, and you alert everyone that can see your property so they don't mistake the plume of smoke for a fire, though it probably is if you use one in a wooded area. Real smoke bombs (military designs) don't spit fire, only smoke. They are a self-contained system, but also illegal to privately own. Only authentic smoke bombs can reduce the chance of sparking a fire. I said reduce, not prevent.

I don't understand why alot of the newer nerfers want it to be more like a real-life war scenario. Nerf is not meant to be turned into a mil-sim. It's Nerf! It's a bunch of people running around with plastic children's guns that have been modified, shooting each other. We don't need smoke to conceal our actions. That's what trees, rocks, and other obstacles are made for. If you want to shoot someone without them seeing you, learn to be stealthy.

In the end, if you want to play something more realistic with fake guns, just join the military. Leave the mil-sim devices for airsoft and paintball. Let them deforest an area.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#24 CD-R

CD-R

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:29 PM

Nefsharpie6, I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. I was having a bad day, so I may have vented a some of my frustration. In the past, I thought about the use of smoke bombs. Once my clan actually tried using them in a war, but as above stated, we found them too dangerous.
It's A Trap! -Admiral Ackbar

#25 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hey badger clam down dude it was just an IDEA. Ya an idea, I don't want nerf to become a fucking mil-sim sport that's what air soft is for. Now just take it from me it was just an idea and if we could do the topic a favor and kill it before we have a flame fest on our hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users