Photo

Airsoft Mp5 Night Finder Internal

10 replies to this topic

#1 mkbae

mkbae

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

First of all I wanted to say hi, I finally got in yesterday.
I quess I wanted to ask is that I got an old Mp5 navy airsoft gun that I am in the process of gutting the internals and putting a plunger and a breech loader and I'm using a spare Longshot clip for the ammo. Does anyone know if this is too reallistic of a real gun to take outside and use? Worried about getting shot by the police.;-). I was thinking about painting the gun with bright orange or something to make it more unrealistic as possible. ( would look ugly ass hell though heh :( )

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

Well, a working gun would be good to start with, and with a funky paint job I doubt you'll get shot. I rung around outside with my Longshot and my brother has a pure black SNAP-1 and we live on a highway, and he has yet to be shot. I'm thinking that getting the gun to work is your first and foremost problem.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#3 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:35 PM

Well, a working gun would be good to start with, and with a funky paint job I doubt you'll get shot. I rung around outside with my Longshot and my brother has a pure black SNAP-1 and we live on a highway, and he has yet to be shot. I'm thinking that getting the gun to work is your first and foremost problem.

Ive tried with the zillion airsoft parts I have , the problem is getting any of the parts to be compatible with pvc.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:29 AM

The issue I see with the mechanism needed to make a breech system for the longshot clip combined with a spring plunger is that the resulting gun will end up being the same size as the longshot. Which is larger than an MP5. The stroke length on your breech system will need to be 3-1/2 inches, so it will occupy 7 inches total front-to-back. And then you still have to add the plunger chamber and plunger.

the problem is getting any of the parts to be compatible with pvc.

Why would they have to be compatible with PVC? You don't HAVE to use PVC cement to join the parts together. In fact you don't HAVE to use PVC at all. You could use a different material of pipe or tubing or simply use a different adhesive to join the parts.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 06 May 2007 - 02:33 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 DarthBoolean

DarthBoolean

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

Well, I can't speak for the Nerf aspects of modding the mp5, but I can definitely recommend that you paint the gun a different color than black. I used to be into Airsoft before heavy legislation in my state (Texas) made it difficult to play. Now U.S. law dictates that you must have 1/4 of an inch of the tip spray painted neon orange if the gun resembles a true firearm. Nerf guns get around this by having truly outlandish designs and already colorful paint schemes as we all know, airsoft guns are slightly different, as they are designed to resemble actual firearms. I can tell you from experience, however, that the orange tip is not visible from far away, and most police officers will overreact to you having the gun.
(Warning, long story here) This is where Airsoft got in trouble in Texas. Several kids would buy guns from the local Wal-mart or Galyans and run around outside, the police would stop, panic and draw their weapons. The kids who were young, stupid, and full of adrenaline, some of them didn't comply with the officer as fast as he/she would have liked, and some were so stupid as to even shoot the officer. (End long story)

Long story short, even if the gun will look stupid, I would go ahead and paint it just in case. If a cop decides that the gun is a threat, and pulls a gun on you, its your life or his in his mind, and I doubt he'll hesitate to pull the trigger.

And why are you worried about looking stupid? I'm assuming you'll only be using it to Nerf with other Nerfers, a community of people who play with guns meant for children, or homemade guns fashioned out of pvc pipe. :)

#6 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

The issue I see with the mechanism needed to make a breech system for the longshot clip combined with a spring plunger is that the resulting gun will end up being the same size as the longshot. Which is larger than an MP5. The stroke length on your breech system will need to be 3-1/2 inches, so it will occupy 7 inches total front-to-back. And then you still have to add the plunger chamber and plunger.

the problem is getting any of the parts to be compatible with pvc.

Why would they have to be compatible with PVC? You don't HAVE to use PVC cement to join the parts together. In fact you don't HAVE to use PVC at all. You could use a different material of pipe or tubing or simply use a different adhesive to join the parts.

Well , it's easily available. Sorry , but I'm used to using pvc , so I pretty much see pvc as the only material to use , because all I have is pvc as my material.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#7 zoob

zoob

• Banned
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Spray paint it fool!!!!!!!!! JK B)

#8 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:33 AM

Well, if you paint it all colorful, and somehow fit one of those stupid orange caps on the end you'll have no trouble with the police.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#9 skate 4 life

skate 4 life

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

Well, if you paint it all colorful, and somehow fit one of those stupid orange caps on the end you'll have no trouble with the police.

i go out in the street all the time with my realistic looking airsoft guns and never have i been shot :D

#10 Tim

Tim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

This is why i love living in the middle of nowhere, everybody is running around shooting something anyway.

But seriously, it is not advisable to have a real looking black gun, but if you do hit trouble, just drop the gun and the officer will hopefully get all sorted out. But some caution is good, as the story just goes to show.
-Tim

Mollasicist- One who makes things PAINFULLY slow for somebody else, like the lady at the checkout line

#11 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

SKate 4 life,

I know, but he was worried that his gun would look to realistic. So just giving some tips. :P

Edited by Liam, 04 June 2007 - 03:14 PM.

The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users